Hacking Question Accidentally updated to ofw 6.1 - homebrew and nsps no longer work. Please help!

ghibbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

Please excuse my noobness/idiocy in advance, I have tried using the search function to find an answer and have not had any luck.

I accidentally hasty click updated to the latest ofw 6.1. I was on 6.0 previously and have been using ReiNX successfully with TegraRcmGUI 2.4 for a few weeks now to run homebrew and nsps.

After updating like an idiot, the homebrew and installed nsps I have no longer work, and Tegra does not detect my switch once it's booted in RCM mode anymore.

Is there any hope for me? Will I be able to run homebrew and the installed nsps I have again?

I would greatly appreciate any help/guidance with this!

Thanks,

ghibbles

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

Please excuse my noobness/idiocy in advance, I have tried using the search function to find an answer and have not had any luck.

I accidentally hasty click updated to the latest ofw 6.1. I was on 6.0 previously and have been using ReiNX successfully with TegraRcmGUI 2.4 for a few weeks now to run homebrew and nsps.

After updating like an idiot, the homebrew and installed nsps I have no longer work, and Tegra does not detect my switch once it's booted in RCM mode anymore.

Is there any hope for me? Will I be able to run homebrew and the installed nsps I have again?

I would greatly appreciate any help/guidance with this!

Thanks,

ghibbles
Did you have AutoRCM activated before updating?

ghibbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated mine earlier with AutoRCM activated, when i rebooted the switch i had to manually re enter RCM and re enable AutoRCM, but funny enough my settings says 6.0.1.
When you rebooted after the update what happened with your system?

I was able to manually enter RCM again as well, but Tegra doesn't detect my switch anymore :(
After I updated, the system booted with the switch logo, and I wasn't able to access my homebrew through the album, nor am I able to load any of the installed nsps I have..
Any advice on how to fix this?

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to manually enter RCM again as well, but Tegra doesn't detect my switch anymore :(
After I updated, the system booted with the switch logo, and I wasn't able to access my homebrew through the album, nor am I able to load any of the installed nsps I have..
Any advice on how to fix this?
Do you have your RCM jig inserted when the switch is connected to your computer?

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the switch boots silently but Tegra does not detect it in RCM mode.
And your sure your computer recognizes it as 'APX'?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright pulled my switch and think the following things happened when i updated
  • 6.1.0 breaks AutoRCM?
  • The switch seems to be in RCM when turned on, but isn't, recognized as "Nintendo Switch" rather than "APX", and cannot be booted into OFW
  • When reinserting RCM Jig switch is recognized as 'APX' and can successfully boot into ReiNX
  • I disabled AutoRCM, turned off my switch, rebooted into ReiNX, and re-enabled it, but Auto-RCM seems to have broken.
  • The switch while in ReiNX says "ReiNX 6.0.1" as the FW version

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its confirmed? 6.1 partially broke rcm?
Looking like it, until we get more than 1 report of this though i'm assuming it's just my problem and not a confirmed thing.
For now, just to be safe, if you are using AutoRCM do not update.

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official system updates always removes AutoRCM because boot0 is firmware-specific meaning it gets updated during any and all system updates. Its the same principle as ChoiDujourNX.
So if i understand correctly, all the dev has to do is write the new boot0 into AutoRCM's module and it should be fixed?

ghibbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And your sure your computer recognizes it as 'APX'?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright pulled my switch and think the following things happened when i updated
  • 6.1.0 breaks AutoRCM?
  • The switch seems to be in RCM when turned on, but isn't, recognized as "Nintendo Switch" rather than "APX", and cannot be booted into OFW
  • When reinserting RCM Jig switch is recognized as 'APX' and can successfully boot into ReiNX
  • I disabled AutoRCM, turned off my switch, rebooted into ReiNX, and re-enabled it, but Auto-RCM seems to have broken.
  • The switch while in ReiNX says "ReiNX 6.0.1" as the FW version

My computer does not recognize it as APX. What should I do? :/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i understand correctly, all the dev has to do is write the new boot0 into AutoRCM's module and it should be fixed?
That's not how it works. AutoRCM is a corruption of boot0. Boot0 is also firmware-specific meaning whenever you change firmwares, you have to update boot0. Updating boot0 will repair any corruption from AutoRCM. ChoiDujourNX differs slightly from official system updates in that it will allow you to corrupt boot0 after it finishes installing the firmware. This is a setting that is toggled by default when installing the firmware.

ghibbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinserting the RCM jig while powered off and hold power + volume up to enter RCM. When it's recognized as APX then everything should work fine
I did that and entered RCM, at least I think I did, it's just a black screen, but it booted silently like it has done previously when I entered RCM manually.

I have had Tegra open and the option to inject the payload is still not available.. It doesn't appear to be recognized as APX.

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that and entered RCM, at least I think I did, it's just a black screen, but it booted silently like it has done previously when I entered RCM manually.

I have had Tegra open and the option to inject the payload is still not available.. It doesn't appear to be recognized as APX.
If its not recognized as APX then it's not in RCM.

marveldragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try rebooting your PC if that does not work, try reinstalling the driver?

D

Deleted User

Just updated to 6.1 and all my game error on boot in cfw mode. Gonna re-install a game and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol