Hacking About Zelda Data Restoration Channel

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
When you start this channel, it will download additional in order to fix your save, my question is, that additional data download is stored in nand memory permanetly, or it delete itself once the job is done?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that the additional data is deleted once the job is done, but I don't know for sure. However, if you have run into the Song of the Hero glitch, I recommend you just use the Game Breaking Bug Glitch Fixv.2 cheat code. Using the Restoration Channel links your Skyward Sword save with your Wii Shop Channel account, and deleting your Wii Shop Channel account will delete your Skyward Sword save file. If you have not run into the Song of the Hero glitch, there is no reason to do either of these things.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
One guy on the Nintendo tech forums found that aditional downloaded data is worth 37 blocks

JULIO08 said:
Yesterday, I went to my "Downloaded Programs" option on the Wii Shop to see if any game had been updated, as I checked, I noticed that the "The Legend Of Zelda - Data Restoration Channel" appeared 2 times under my list.

The original channel as "The Legend Of Zelda - Data Restoration Channel" 40Blocks and a new "The Legend Of Zelda - Data Restoration Channel (2)" 37Blocks

I tried to download the new one and a message under description stated "This channel cannot be downloaded" but still the option to download appeared. Downloading it to the Wii main memory resulted in an invisible channel, but manageable under Options as "???" Channel 37Blocks, downloading it directly to the SD card resulted in an error "Not the same card inserted"

I know this 37 Blocks of data are the ones the channel downloads internally when you try to fix your Zelda save file, but strangely it appears as a Wii Shop download.

Since the download is not meant to de downloaded and gives you an error, can one of the NOA Techs check if this is a glitch on the Shop, so nobody suffers any problems or memory corruption (by the way, I didn't suffer any data corruption, double checked it)

http://techforums.ni...m/message/61341

I tried searching for this "second channel" with ATD, but no luck so far, I tought some ID with the word Zelda could be the channel, its not under hidden channels either.
It could flush once the save is repaired, because if you run the Zelda Restoration Channel it keep prompting a new download.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well