Hacking About Super Mario Advance 4's release

loco365

Trophies
XP
So I posted this on TCRF, but it seems that sleep mode doesn't work, even on hardware. Has anyone attempted to disassemble this and look into what changes were made?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time a game gets released, and is known to contain a major change like this, I'll definitely get on it again :D
Hey, just got an idea. Maybe look into dumping the NES Remix 2's game Super Luigi Bros. - an altered SMB1 with backwards maps and Luigi physics?

Edit: In Super Mario 3D World, a "Luigi Bros." exists as well, which is like the original Mario Bros. arcade game. It's in a Virtual Console container inside the Super Mario 3D World game.

Last edited by CeeDee,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, just got an idea. Maybe look into dumping the NES Remix 2's game Super Luigi Bros. - an altered SMB1 with backwards maps and Luigi physics?
I already did that.
Sadly, the game is not easy to dump.

I've been looking extensively to both a NES Remix dump and a Super Mario 3D World dump.
I did find a json file referencing LuigiBros in Remix and a folder with some odd files inside a Luigi Bros folder from 3D World, but nothing that can be dumped in ROM format so far.

I've trying to get the Super Luigi Bros ROM for months, I really want to get it.
If someone is interested or knows a way to get it, please let me know!

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I already did that.
Sadly, the game is not easy to dump.

I've been looking extensively to both a NES Remix dump and a Super Mario 3D World dump.
I did find a json file referencing LuigiBros in Remix and a folder with some odd files inside a Luigi Bros folder from 3D World, but nothing that can be dumped in ROM format so far.

I've trying to get the Super Luigi Bros ROM for months, I really want to get it.
If someone is interested or knows a way to get it, please let me know!
Have you tried with RAM dumping? It's almost guaranteed that the "patched rom" could be found in there.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Both games:
It's in the code. All ROMs are the same in the FS (apart from iNES header). Emulator tricks (like overlays) are used to "remix it". Maybe the ROM is different in the RAM though? Its worth checking out.

(this is according to einstein95)

Last edited by Hiccup,
Reactions: VinsCool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Both games:
It's in the code. All ROMs are the same in the FS (apart from iNES header). Emulator tricks (like overlays) are used to "remix it". Maybe the ROM is different in the RAM though? Its worth checking out.

(this is according to einstein95)
The patched might be in RAM, since what's loaded is the ROM with the patch applied, I don't think it handles the patch and the ROM in separate forms.
Might be something similar to what some emus do when you have the ROM and the IPS in the same folder.
Who knows though?

I do have both NES Remix and SM3DW in original disc format, but sadly I don't have a way to run TCP Gecko. :/

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can imagine Super Luigi Bros. from NES Remix 2 could be a pain, but since the Luigi Bros. game (from SM3DW) is in what appears to be in a Virtual Console inside of SM3DW, I doubt it's using patches or anything, and is likely dumpable.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can imagine Super Luigi Bros. from NES Remix 2 could be a pain, but since the Luigi Bros. game (from SM3DW) is in what appears to be in a Virtual Console inside of SM3DW, I doubt it's using patches or anything, and is likely dumpable.
Yeah I think the Super Mario 3D World version of the game is most likely easier to dump.
The NES Remix one is a mess from what I can see in the decrypted files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Dont forget to steam her sausage first