About battery life and the 2.1.0 Update

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Andieran, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Andieran
    OP

Andieran Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2017
    I know a lot of people had been having trouble with the battery life of the Switch. The battery would keep draining even after completely turning off the console, this happened to me too. But now after some time, I realized that after the 2.1.0 update this doesn't occure to me anymore. Does anyone else found this problem fixed or is it just me?

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    So in the past you are saying that your console's battery would drain even after going to power settings and turning off the switch? I don't believe I ever had this issue.

3. Andieran
    OP

Andieran Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2017
    Yes. I looked this up the second week after launch and many of people were having the same issue and asking about it. No clue about now though.

Last edited by Andieran, Apr 7, 2017
  4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I wouldn't have thought a software update could possibly influence that. If the console is off then the software can't be influencing what it's doing. That'd have to be a hardware/battery problem, surely?

Memoir likes this.
  5. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Unless there was something in the software preventing the console from completely going to a powered off state.

At that point, it'd have been a more widespread issue. Can't say I've seen it.. But my Switch has only been restarted. Never turned off.

6. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    only problem ive encountered is the battery percentage that has been wrong a few times. so the switch wanted to turn off even though it showed like 30-40% battery. other times it showed 1% but i could still use it for like half an hour

7. tinfoilfork

tinfoilfork Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    doesn't seem to be happening to mine. i remember having this issue with the wii u gamepad though.