Homebrew battery drains while in sleep mode

psintek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've recently hacked my switch and I've been using an emmc to use atmosphere but I've noticed that it warms up and the battery drains a lot while in sleep mode.
The battery goes from 100 to about 50 in 4 hours.
My console:
Atmosphere 1.5.4
Firmware version: 16.0.3
I don't have Auto-RCM on or any sys modules.

20230814_160756.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT:
After some time I discovered that I had the pins required to enter RCM still shorted, after Removing that the battery life came back to normal. Thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited by psintek,

lipanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've recently hacked my switch and I've been using an emmc to use atmosphere but I've noticed that it warms up and the battery drains a lot while in sleep mode.
The battery goes from 100 to about 50 in 4 hours.
My console:
Atmosphere 1.5.4
Firmware version: 16.0.3
I don't have Auto-RCM on or any sys modules.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
i have same issue with yours.. it wams up when it sleeps.. and it drains a lot while sleep. airplane mode doesnt do any good at all..still same issue. and it wont wake up if it sleep, it just freeze.. i need to hard reset to boot it back again. it wont freeze when i'm in hekate..

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i have same issue with yours.. it wams up when it sleeps.. and it drains a lot while sleep. airplane mode doesnt do any good at all..still same issue. and it wont wake up if it sleep, it just freeze.. i need to hard reset to boot it back again. it wont freeze when i'm in hekate..
I have exactly the same issues, never found a solution.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did you let the battery die often?
No.
As a matter of fact the console is always plugged at the side of my bed.
I had it fixed a couple of years ago when a fake dock bricked it and would charge at all.
Now it charges and works normally, only wierd effect i have is the same reported by people who didnt have the console fixed: heating and battery drainning while in sleep mode.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
As a matter of fact the console is always plugged at the side of my bed.
I had it fixed a couple of years ago when a fake dock bricked it and would charge at all.
Now it charges and works normally, only wierd effect i have is the same reported by people who didnt have the console fixed: heating and battery drainning while in sleep mode.

I guess there is your problem the fact is it plug in all the time, it has a battery so it meant to be discharged and charged.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c