• Views 2,296
  • Replies 32

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean updating the sysNAND?
Oh yeah, definitely don't update SysNand or you'll have to re-downgrade it. You shouldn't have to do this anyway: It has nothing to do with downgrading emunand to 2.1, which will be flashed to sysnand anyway.

EDIT: By the way, if you have any games in SysNand, make sure you back up your save files for those games after you finish Part 4. You'll be overwriting your SysNand after you get your OTP and your SysNand games won't read anymore and you'll have to re-install them + the saves you backed up.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,
D

Deleted-379826

OP
Oh yeah, definitely don't update SysNand or you'll have to re-downgrade it. You shouldn't have to do this anyway: It has nothing to do with downgrading emunand to 2.1, which will be flashed to sysnand anyway.

EDIT: By the way, if you have any games in SysNand, make sure you back up your save files for those games after you finish Part 4. You'll be overwriting your SysNand after you get your OTP and your SysNand games won't read anymore and you'll have to re-install them + the saves you backed up.
no games but thx tho

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can keep WarioWare as a channel, but you won't be able to run it until you're completely done. (Luma3DS automatically patches TWL_FIRM for you)

However, you don't actually have to do a 10.7 update if you get yourself 0004013820000102.cia, version 9936 and install it by putting the .cia in the SD:/updates/ folder (make sure it's the only file in there!) and press A to flash it to your NAND in PlaiSysUpdater. (If that doesn't work, manually install it to NAND with FBI)

You can download that with the program "3DNUS", which can be found at the bottom of the first post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
my "windows defender" (its a default thing) says its a virus but it says the mod that it includes is ok so what would I have to type in exactly do you know?

no games but thx tho

my "windows defender" (its a default thing) says its a virus but it says the mod that it includes is ok so what would I have to type in exactly do you know?
EDIT: nvm got it lol

Did you downgrade at all with Gateway? Do you have a firmware.bin in the luma folder?
nope i dont have a firmware.bin it seems which means the guide hasnt told me to put it in yet which it hasnt or it didnt come in the zip which it shouldnt of

Last edited by ,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi
D

Deleted-379826

OP
You can keep WarioWare as a channel, but you won't be able to run it until you're completely done. (Luma3DS automatically patches TWL_FIRM for you)

However, you don't actually have to do a 10.7 update if you get yourself 0004013820000102.cia, version 9936 and install it by putting the .cia in the SD:/updates/ folder (make sure it's the only file in there!) and press A to flash it to your NAND in PlaiSysUpdater. (If that doesn't work, manually install it to NAND with FBI)

You can download that with the program "3DNUS", which can be found at the bottom of the first post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
if you click a in plaisysupdater it does nothing?
EDIT: welp i just did it with fbi wish me luck

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-379826

OP
Great! You should be good to go, then. Just keep following the guide until you hit the end!
"Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK."
should i be worried (never even heard of secureinfo_A just wanted to make sure lol)

Last edited by ,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK."
should i be worried (never even heard of secureinfo_A just wanted to make sure lol
If you've never toyed with SecureInfo_A nor borrowing NANDs from other consoles, this doesn't really apply to you.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? Having NANDs unlinked is a problem when coming to that?
I'm not sure what you're asking! Unlinking NANDs changes a different piece of information within the NAND, which happens to include an ID that the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder relies on.

I believe SecureInfo_A identifies a specific console, no matter how many times you format it, although I could be wrong.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
How so? Having NANDs unlinked is a problem when coming to that?
I'm not sure what you're asking! Unlinking NANDs changes a different piece of information within the NAND, which happens to include an ID that the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder relies on.

I believe SecureInfo_A identifies a specific console, no matter how many times you format it, although I could be wrong.
Im 99% sure my nands are unlinked... although im already at 2.1.0 im doing good so far

D

Deleted-379826

OP
You're on savage waters right now. Good luck there dude.
lmao the guide woulda probably specifically said that tho cuz thats the case for a lot of ppl

lmao the guide woulda probably specifically said that tho cuz thats the case for a lot of ppl
on top of that if im not mistaken i had the unlinked with my 03ds and i got a9lh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: