Hacking A theory of Wood Compatibility on the DSTT?

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, we all know that porting Wood R4 to the DSTT is impossible, or a highly unlikely task.

But what if someone cracked the way in which Wood creates AP fixes that are built into the firmware, and use this way to update the extinfo and fix games, thus meaning the DSTT would have the same compatibility as Wood R4?

It's just a theory, and I have no idea how Wood AP fixes work, so please don't flame me.

Begin the posts
smile.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
raiderscrusade said:
Well, we all know that porting Wood R4 to the DSTT is impossible, or a highly unlikely task.

But what if someone cracked the way in which Wood creates AP fixes that are built into the firmware, and use this way to update the extinfo and fix games, thus meaning the DSTT would have the same compatibility as Wood R4?

It's just a theory, and I have no idea how Wood AP fixes work, so please don't flame me.

Begin the posts
smile.gif

First of all porting WOOD is not impossible, it's just a lot of work, testing, and debugging.

Unfortunately, that is what you have to do if you want its benefits, such as the compatibility (AP fixes, as you put it).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the Wood has manual updates to the firmware to have compatibility with the latest antipiracy (at least I think I remember hearing something about how the R4 doesn't have the hardware capabilities to AP patch on-the-fly) so in both cases, it really just relies on the person that is willing to do the hard work and break the antipiracy into something useful for Wood or the extinfo.

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You know whats really funny though, DSTT firmware can be ported to the R4, yet R4 firmware can't be ported to the DSTT.

Quite a fascinating scenario.

Currently I'm enjoying my Wood R4 with a touch of YSMenu on the side, just to give back to the people who actually update YSMenu, instead of just ditching it when Wood came out.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
raiderscrusade said:
You know whats really funny though, DSTT firmware can be ported to the R4, yet R4 firmware can't be ported to the DSTT.

Currently I'm enjoying my Wood R4 with a touch of YSMenu on the side, just to give back to the people who actually update YSMenu, instead of just ditching it when Wood came out.
R4 WOOD boots on my dstti but when i load a rom on it,it says fat error

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:

who said R4 can't be ported?It might be possible,but as said,it would take a lot of effort,and no one wants R4 on DSTT.

@goncalodoom
other firmwares can boot,but the problem is the dldi,if it ain't the same,it won't load roms

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I would like Wood for DSTT as well. infact i tried messing with the source, and put together a WoodTT, but i found myself unable to compile.
dry.gif

valp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
In some chinese forum there's this wood dstt 1.3, which is only the GUI, but, yet, it's pretty interesting that they could put together wood, moonshell and dstt stuff together. But without compatibility it's just a skin after all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1