A theory of Wood Compatibility on the DSTT?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by raiderscrusade, May 21, 2010.

May 21, 2010
  1. raiderscrusade
    OP

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well, we all know that porting Wood R4 to the DSTT is impossible, or a highly unlikely task.

But what if someone cracked the way in which Wood creates AP fixes that are built into the firmware, and use this way to update the extinfo and fix games, thus meaning the DSTT would have the same compatibility as Wood R4?

It's just a theory, and I have no idea how Wood AP fixes work, so please don't flame me.

Begin the posts [​IMG]

2. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    First of all porting WOOD is not impossible, it's just a lot of work, testing, and debugging.

Unfortunately, that is what you have to do if you want its benefits, such as the compatibility (AP fixes, as you put it).

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I'm pretty sure the Wood has manual updates to the firmware to have compatibility with the latest antipiracy (at least I think I remember hearing something about how the R4 doesn't have the hardware capabilities to AP patch on-the-fly) so in both cases, it really just relies on the person that is willing to do the hard work and break the antipiracy into something useful for Wood or the extinfo.

4. raiderscrusade
    OP

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You know whats really funny though, DSTT firmware can be ported to the R4, yet R4 firmware can't be ported to the DSTT.

Quite a fascinating scenario.

Currently I'm enjoying my Wood R4 with a touch of YSMenu on the side, just to give back to the people who actually update YSMenu, instead of just ditching it when Wood came out.

5. goncalodoom

Member goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    R4 WOOD boots on my dstti but when i load a rom on it,it says fat error

6. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    who said R4 can't be ported?It might be possible,but as said,it would take a lot of effort,and no one wants R4 on DSTT.

@goncalodoom
    other firmwares can boot,but the problem is the dldi,if it ain't the same,it won't load roms

7. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Isn't Wood opened sourced now? I'm pretty sure if someone knows how some coding they can port it to the DSTT

8. Bunie

Member Bunie #1 Princess

United States
    Lol I would like Wood for DSTT as well. infact i tried messing with the source, and put together a WoodTT, but i found myself unable to compile. [​IMG]

9. danibzhu5

Newcomer danibzhu5 Member

Brazil
    DSTT REALLY needs a Wood, because the new games are not working [​IMG]

10. valp

Newcomer valp Advanced Member

Brazil
    In some chinese forum there's this wood dstt 1.3, which is only the GUI, but, yet, it's pretty interesting that they could put together wood, moonshell and dstt stuff together. But without compatibility it's just a skin after all...