MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I updated to 10.3U prior and still am struggling getting any CFW to work properly... tried em all

Knew this was too good to be true :rofl2: So glad I ordered my DS2+ so I CAN'T use the GW feature

And that downgrade-checker is useless :creep: says successful but nothing is working properly

You can try this too after the first downgrade...

Now that you have CFW, maybe it could be better if you download the original version of SysUpdater (GitHub Page: https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases ) and install it on SysNAND, then, on SysNAND, with rxTools DevMode (YOU MUST BE SHURE THAT IS DEVMODE, recommend to download rxTools v2.5 from rxTools.net, here's the link: http://www.rxtools.net/php/downloads.php?dl=rxTools v2.5 , then, at the end of rxTools Menu, go to DevMode Option) Launch SysUpdater, (with SD: // updates/ "MD5 HASH CHECKED N3DS/3DS Ver. 9.2 CIA Files" , Like the last time) and Press X, when it finished, again go to DevMode on SysNAND and Launch SysUpdater, but this time Press Y. If on any of these options SysUpdater installed any file, this mean that the downgrade from 10.x to 9.2 haven't installed all the files from 9.2, but with this, it must be a fully 9.2 Firmware, hope it helps you both for any problems.
If that does't work, so then, maybe the first downgrade installed some corrupted CIA's, so... you could Downgrade to 9.0, and then Update again to 9.2 (Using this SysUpdater and SysNAND DevMode ALWAYS from now on, with any Update/Downgrade you do) to Fully Restore any corrupted file during the first downgrade, this will help a lot, it's like an Official Nintendo Update. Hope this help some people!! ;)

As ALWAYS, TRY EVERYTHING AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Some say that PastaMode on Newer rxTools Versions are the same as DevMode... but it's up to you!

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From your post history you are having trouble getting browserhax to work, which is a sign of an incomplete downgrade as the system browser did not get downgraded (you can confirm this by checking it against 3Dbrew's browser wiki page) You should probably try to downgrade again if so.
I've since gotten that to work and downgraded multiple times. Checker always reports success, CFW never works properly.

At this point I'm just going to stay on my semi-broken 9.2 and wait for something more reliable to come out or for sysupdater to be updated. Besides, if I can get GW setup once my DS2+ comes I guess it won't really matter CFW isn't working for me

@MAXLEMPIRA bruh, did you even read my post? I can't get any CFW to work for me.

Last edited by Dax_Fame,

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I got so far as to have FBI on the actual menu as an app, but I still get signature errors, does this mean that the downgrade was incomplete? I am able to run Pasta on my sysNand, but not on the emuNand for some reason...

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I got so far as to have FBI on the actual menu as an app, but I still get signature errors, does this mean that the downgrade was incomplete? I am able to run Pasta on my sysNand, but not on the emuNand for some reason...
Don't think so, you wouldn't be able to run Emunand at all from what I think.

exolaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've since gotten that to work and downgraded multiple times. Checker always reports success, CFW never works properly.

At this point I'm just going to stay on my semi-broken 9.2 and wait for something more reliable to come out or for sysupdater to be updated. Besides, if I can get GW setup once my DS2+ comes I guess it won't really matter CFW isn't working for me

@MAXLEMPIRA bruh, did you even read my post? I can't get any CFW to work for me.

Same boat as you. Checker reports good downgrade, and I've followed multiple different step-by-step guides from beginning to finish, but I cannot launch into emunand at all. I can get into rxTools and choose to launch emunand and it will just hang at a black screen until I hard reset the power.

wizardofwoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been struggling with downgrading my N3ds XL from 10.3 to 9.2... tried 3 times but it was always incomplete (couldn't install FBI or dump my nand). I just ran recovery to get back to 10.3, formatted my system and loaded up the 9.1.0-20U(Full)_n3DS and ran sysupdater to downgrade. It installed about 50 files that I saw and rebooted. When I check system settings its reporting as 9.2 and I am now in the middle of backing up my nand. I'm sure I'm still on a "frankenfirmware" but figured I'd share in case this helps anyone else get up and running.

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out it was just a couple of bad CIA files I tried to install. Bad luck. I replaced one that rhymes with Nubic Cinja and it installed fine. Happy days.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking of going to the store and buying super smash bros. Ill downgrade to 9.0.0-20u then upgrade to 9.2 from the gamecart and hopefully that will fix the incomplete firmware problem...

bidiminished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the signature patch couldn't be done, then no non-legit CIAs would install, right? I've ran into the signature error with one CIA but was able to install some other non-legit CIAs.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fixed my incomplete firmware problem by downgrading to 9.0.0-20u then upgrade by gamecart to 9.2u. Seems to be working ok I will play around with it all day and see if I run into any issues

Kalleno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys, I downgraded without errors. But get signature errors while launching FBI. Did reupdated to 10.3 and did a second downgrade, but got the same error.

Using this Tutorial for Downgrading:
https://gbatep.net/threads/what-i-believe-is-the-best-downgrade-process-right-now.408203/
Everything fine ..

I'm following this Tutorial to install CFW:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

But I'm Stuck on FBI Signature-Check ...

Can anyone help? Can someone give me a hint? Should I change something (Patch-Files, other sysUpdater)? Should I retry the downgrade process until it is working?

€dit:
@andre104623, can you name me a game with a title update to 9.2?

€dit 2:
allright, i choosed minipasta, with this FBI is installing. But I cant backup SysNAND via EmuNAND9... "Dump SysNAND to NAND.bin: failed!". Some ideas?

€dit 3: (... :D)
Seems to be okay, if someone ran into this issue from Edit 2 too, reformat SD card with guiformat.exe. Make a Backup of your SD-Card Files.

Last edited by Kalleno,

Kalleno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I second this. It seems I can only install signed CIA files, downgraded without any errors. What game comes with a 9.2 update? At this point I'm ready to buy it.

Don't know how detect that downgrade was not 100% successful. I had some issues because I used Pasta, wrong formatted SD ... everything.

Now I used pasta mini. Formatted my SD with guiformat.exe. Now is everything fine. Could install FBI, get my nand backup etc. I'm Happy! rxTools is running well on 9.2. Maybe you can try pasta mini? Or why you can't go ahead?

I used Browserhax for homebrew Menu, switched then to nijhax (because it's comfortable).

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I misunderstood. I am able to install FBI, BBM, DevMenu, even Cubic Ninja and Mario 3D Land, but for Star Fox 64 I have tried about 7 different CIAs and no luck. It seems that the CIAs I use have to be completely legit to install.

Kalleno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm, sounds crazy. I'm new to this scene, so I did not tested a lot and was happy to get an emuNAND CFW. Next Tests are outstanding ... dont know what a legit cia is. :D You could install some Games, but another not? Dont know what the problem can be ..

Last edited by Kalleno,

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... I was annoyed so I reformatted the SD card, updated my firmware to the latest, then downgraded my firmware to 9.0.0.20 (or so the files said) but when I downgraded it said 9.2.0.20 again. I tried it anyway, first installing devMenu instead of FBI this time. Now, as other users have said, every CIA I have tried to install... has worked!!! Bomb-diggity

Reactions: ihaveahax

bidiminished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm... I was annoyed so I reformatted the SD card, updated my firmware to the latest, then downgraded my firmware to 9.0.0.20 (or so the files said) but when I downgraded it said 9.2.0.20 again. I tried it anyway, first installing devMenu instead of FBI this time. Now, as other users have said, every CIA I have tried to install... has worked!!! Bomb-diggity
So with a complete downgrade every CIA should work? I have a few that don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more. +1