Hacking A small thread on how to tell if you got an incomplete downgrade

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only tested seven so far, one had been very stubborn before, but yeah so far so good.

sterob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been struggling with downgrading my N3ds XL from 10.3 to 9.2... tried 3 times but it was always incomplete (couldn't install FBI or dump my nand). I just ran recovery to get back to 10.3, formatted my system and loaded up the 9.1.0-20U(Full)_n3DS and ran sysupdater to downgrade. It installed about 50 files that I saw and rebooted. When I check system settings its reporting as 9.2 and I am now in the middle of backing up my nand. I'm sure I'm still on a "frankenfirmware" but figured I'd share in case this helps anyone else get up and running.
download the file below and extract the 2 files inside it into SD-card/3ds/downgrade-check folder. Go to homebrew launcher and you will see downgrade check if your native firmware is really 9.2

https://github.com/ihaveamac/downgrade-check/releases/download/v1.0/downgrade-check1.0.zip

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

acoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have question. I'm on O3DS and when I try to load rxTools emuNAND or rxMode it just gives me this: "Failed to load NATIVE-FIRM: 4". Does this mean I have an incomplete downgrade or am I doing something wrong?
It might, check with the program provided in the first post.

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have question. I'm on O3DS and when I try to load rxTools emuNAND or rxMode it just gives me this: "Failed to load NATIVE-FIRM: 4". Does this mean I have an incomplete downgrade or am I doing something wrong?

this error does not necessarily mean you have an incomplete downgrade. if you used the original rxTools, but named your firmware 0004013820000002.bin, you probably just have to change it to 0004013820000002orig.bin.

if you have the new 3ds though, rxTools original will not work. use the nightly build.

Last edited by omikes,

Tacosaregood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind the NATIVE_FIRM thing. I think the build I was using was missing a file because I switched to a different build and now I'm not getting that error, but when I boot rxMode on either emuNAND or sysNAND my 3DS gets stuck on a black screen. (I'm using the latest nightly build on O3DS)

Last edited by Tacosaregood,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
how reliable is this tool???. It reports my downgrade as being clean, but i just got some niggling doubts that alls not as it should be. As in over 20 mins to backup my system nand although its a new3dsxl and im only familiar with o3ds machines...

wasting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an incomplete downgrade.. during downgrade after about 10 or so cias applied i got a "system error, hold power to shutdown"

my n3dsxl boots up, but i can't get into settings. I formatted my sd card and reinstalled hbl but scanning QR code i just sit on a black screen.

I can't restore to 10.3... do i have any other options??

edit: Trying to just access the browser freezes 3DS and i must reboot.

Last edited by wasting,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: