XP
Country
China

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used the one mentioned in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
MD5 of sysUpdater.3dsx is F6978170685D68A37A55226B1684A5A4
I used it and successfully downgraded my n3ds and o3ds in the first try, using menuhax as entry point.
Thanks, although I have a slight feeling, that perhaps I need to format the system before downgrading. If all else fails (run out of SD cards to use, always softbricking, used all entry points I can), then formatting will be my last resort. Or I could wait for KTM :P

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a suspect. Are you guys able to play ds games?
Oh. Haven't tried that. I can get back to you after school today. I also have a strange, but seemingly complete downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2.
Edit: yes I can. Forgot about my dsiware can run fine.
I can't see any of my games (i also cant launch smash). Everything still works from hbl (except smash) and I can see them all from sys settings, along with all of my save data. I can read themes and my dsiware and anything I have wrapped and unwrapped titles after downgrade.

Last edited by seijinshu,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't always get kicked, the Pasta's will look as if they worked as well as they are a quick boot and back to the launcher when they do work. Have you tried Minipasta?
Yes and Rxtools sysnand and emuNAND

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for these clarifications!
So my downgrade is incomplete, even though I already tried 4 times with several system formattings. :unsure:
On my last downgrade attempt I counted the installed CIAs displayed on the screen. There were only about 40 but it should be 130 for EU O3DS.
Oh, well.......guess I have to try it again. At least now I know that I wasn't doing something wrong during CFW installation!
I hope I get this to work flawlessly until the 10.4 release, otherwise I will be doomed.

cacodemon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure if I'm having issues from a incomplete downgrade or not, I boot into gateway with homemenuhax I get to the gateway menu just fine but when go to boot into gateway mode (sysnand or emunand) my screen stays black and I have to turn off my N3ds.

I Originally downgraded from 10.1 to 9.2 and today after seeing this thread I updated back to 10.3 then downgraded to 10.3 again still the same problem, the 9.2 update file zip md5 matches the one in the downgrading thread and I'm using the latest version of sysupdater.

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for these clarifications!
So my downgrade is incomplete, even though I already tried 4 times with several system formattings. :unsure:
On my last downgrade attempt I counted the installed CIAs displayed on the screen. There were only about 40 but it should be 130 for EU O3DS.
Oh, well.......guess I have to try it again. At least now I know that I wasn't doing something wrong during CFW installation!
I hope I get this to work flawlessly until the 10.4 release, otherwise I will be doomed.
I forgot something to ask.
Well, if not all the files were downgraded (as it probably happened in my case) would it be safe to just reinstall all the missing CIAs with sysUpdater?
In theory I would keep on 9.2, remove the CIAs that were displayed on the screen during downgrade from my updates folder and run sysUpdater again on my downgraded firmware but with just the missing files. I would repeat this until I have all the files installed.
Could this work? Does anyone know?

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems every post I've seen with someone downgrading from version < 10.3 ultimately fails/soft bricks/etc and ends up upgrading to 10.3 and then successfully downgrading to 9.2. Maybe upgrading to 10.3 is a undocumented pre-req?

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems every post I've seen with someone downgrading from version < 10.3 ultimately fails/soft bricks/etc and ends up upgrading to 10.3 and then successfully downgrading to 9.2. Maybe upgrading to 10.3 is a undocumented pre-req?
Yeah, same here.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have wrote this 5 minutes ago... hope this help

Now that you have CFW, maybe it could be better if you download the original version of SysUpdater (GitHub Page: https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases ) and install it on SysNAND, then, on SysNAND, with rxTools DevMode (YOU MUST BE SHURE THAT IS DEVMODE, recommend to download rxTools v2.5 from rxTools.net, here's the link: http://www.rxtools.net/php/downloads.php?dl=rxTools v2.5 , then, at the end of rxTools Menu, go to DevMode Option) Launch SysUpdater, (with SD: // updates/ "MD5 HASH CHECKED N3DS/3DS Ver. 9.2 CIA Files" , Like the last time) and Press X, when it finished, again go to DevMode on SysNAND and Launch SysUpdater, but this time Press Y. If on any of these options SysUpdater installed any file, this mean that the downgrade from 10.x to 9.2 haven't installed all the files from 9.2, but with this, it must be a fully 9.2 Firmware, hope it helps you both for any problems.
If that does't work, so then, maybe the first downgrade installed some corrupted CIA's, so... you could Downgrade to 9.0, and then Update again to 9.2 (Using this SysUpdater and SysNAND DevMode ALWAYS from now on, with any Update/Downgrade you do) to Fully Restore any corrupted file during the first downgrade, this will help a lot, it's like an Official Nintendo Update. Hope this help some people!! ;)

EDIT: IMPORTANT INFO

you should also note that it can be pasta mode

I already didn't know so much about new rxTools updates... but that's up to every user, for what I read, pasta mode have some, and maybe more disabled checks... so, DevMode from 2.5 works perfect, if more experienced user recommend pasta mode, it's ok, but as ALWAYS, TRY EVERYTHING AT YOUR OWN RISK!

pasta mode is what dev mode is called in newer rxtools builds.

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, remember me? No luck downgrading, tried all methods, I was at a loss, and decided, hey, this 3DS I'm trying to downgrade is a spare unit, no real attachment friend code wise or anything. I decided to do the final step, to format my system, and after formatting, in 1 try I am now downgraded to 9.2.

For those that have the never ending constant soft bricking, I fear formatting may be your only solution. Good luck everyone and I'm now diving head first into CFW :D

zephor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure I'm safe here. I was able to downgrade from 10.3, but had a problem with it not rebooting at the end. I did have the system application, though. When I went to run Pasta CFW through homebrew, I got the mentioned black screen. I decided to give it another shot, except I ran FTBrony this time. Not sure how, but it worked, and I now have FBI installed.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure I'm safe here. I was able to downgrade from 10.3, but had a problem with it not rebooting at the end. I did have the system application, though. When I went to run Pasta CFW through homebrew, I got the mentioned black screen. I decided to give it another shot, except I ran FTBrony this time. Not sure how, but it worked, and I now have FBI installed.
Check your internet browser, and or run the tool by @ihaveamac

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 10.3U prior and still am struggling getting any CFW to work properly... tried em all

Knew this was too good to be true :rofl2: So glad I ordered my DS2+ so I CAN'T use the GW feature

And that downgrade-checker is useless :creep: says successful but nothing is working properly

Last edited by Dax_Fame,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 10.3U prior and still am struggling getting any CFW to work properly... tried em all

Knew this was too good to be true :rofl2: So glad I ordered my DS2+ so I CAN'T use the GW feature

And that downgrade-checker is useless :creep: says successful but nothing is working properly
From your post history you are having trouble getting browserhax to work, which is a sign of an incomplete downgrade as the system browser did not get downgraded (you can confirm this by checking it against 3Dbrew's browser wiki page) You should probably try to downgrade again if so.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY