Hacking A *rare* SMG problem

agility77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pal wiikey updated to 1.9g and the SMG disc is brickblocked in order to avoid extra channels.
The intro screen loads fine when mario says: super mario galaxy! then i start the game and black screen.
Tried both 50hz and 60hz and it doesn't work. Tried reinstalling the FW update no luck. WTF am I doing wrong?
I've also heard NOT to do the mp3 trick cuz it'll get the wii semi-bricked.

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what happens when you use BrickBlocker. Just use RegionFrii, convert to PAL and run the update. This will make the game work, however it will give you duplicate channels. To aviod duplicate channels do the following:

Insert SMG Disc (PAL no BrickBlocker)
Start the update on the disc
When update is 10-15% in, pull the plugg on your Wii
Plug it back in, and eject SMG Disc (PAL no BrickBlocker)
Insert another SMG Disc (PAL WITH BrickBlocker)
Play!

EDIT: I did the following, and it worked fine, Metroid Trick won't semi-brick - at least not if done correctly :]

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No Brickblocking.
Change Language to English.
If it still fails, then try to burn with other disc's (other brand)
Had also problems here with burning smg on tdk-r's (the new designed one's)
After i used a Philips disc, it worked.

btw just tell me one question, why people still use regionfrii? all chips already do region change on the fly...

agility77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes my system language IS set to english..
BTW I used TDK so mabye that's the problem.
I'm not sure if I wanna do the metroid trick cuz most
of the people say it semi-bricks..

agility77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to try Verbatim but i had problems with it before, and when I used TDK it worked. Well if I hear more confirmations on the MP3 trick working with Galaxy I'll do that.

Epak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a pal wiikey updated to 1.9g and the SMG disc is brickblocked in order to avoid extra channels.
The intro screen loads fine when mario says: super mario galaxy! then i start the game and black screen.
Tried both 50hz and 60hz and it doesn't work. Tried reinstalling the FW update no luck. WTF am I doing wrong?
I've also heard NOT to do the mp3 trick cuz it'll get the wii semi-bricked.

Of course it doesn't work because the game needs the update which is on the disc. If you're on a PAL Wii, you won't be playing the game without doing the MP3 trick (or waiting for the PAL release).

BTW the MP3 trick works fine, I did it with a 2.1E Wii, no semi-brick and no double channels.

PS. This is no rare problem...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...