Hacking A new update tonight

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've been there, and in not being able to drive your car higher than first gear, your car is useless.

The 3DS functions perfectly well without 3D. I rarely even use it on mine. It's more like driving a perfectly good car and just not being able to use the radio.
I always use the 3D, only time I've had it off is when I'm playing RE:R and aiming with the gyro (doesn't work too good when you're moving the screen and I didn't feel like moving to a swivel chair) Flipped it back on for cinematics though :P

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Meh, I feel bad for 3Dbrew, I hope they have an ace up their sleeve/aren't disheartened.
Oh aye, its like evad0rs for the iOS jailbreak scene with the new version blocking most of the ways that there app would jailbreak the phone

then again a company is gonna protect there own products and interests and while some hate on company's for doing it, Me personally I understand it

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh aye, its like evad0rs for the iOS jailbreak scene with the new version blocking most of the ways that there app would jailbreak the phone

then again a company is gonna protect there own products and interests and while some hate on company's for doing it, Me personally I understand it
:P Well the way I understand it, corporations usually just treat us like sheep, hacking is almost always beneficial for consumers who want the most out of their purchases. Companies don't care about individual need like communities like these do, it's just profit margins and appealing to the masses, no custom requests.

Reactions: jalaneme

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
:P Well the way I understand it, corporations usually just treat us like sheep, hacking is almost always beneficial for consumers who want the most out of their purchases. Companies don't care about individual need like communities like these do, it's just profit margins and appealing to the masses, no custom requests.

Unfortunately, people usually hack things just to play paid games for free. Most of the nobility of the cause gets lost then.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
My inner voice says '' YOU WILL NEVER HACK UR 3DS NOW!!''
i remember back when wii hack was about to be released and i had older system version and my wii was a virgin, and than i updated it (dont know why) and it was the same story..no softmods for newer system updates and i was like..what..no homebrew for me :(
and than every new system update i could softmod...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks, I can resist the urge to update for now but I'm not sure that I can resist the temptation to update for Animal Crossing. I've been waiting for that game for what seems like years now.

Reactions: jalaneme

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Once the Miiverse update is released with new streetpass features are you guys still going to refrain from updating for a phantom hack?

And the hack is taking a long time to release and I have lost faith in it.
I rather go back to buying games and be a good boy for Nintendo :P

Reactions: beta4attack

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
And the hack is taking a long time to release and I have lost faith in it.
I rather go back to buying games and be a good boy for Nintendo :P
With the latest update, there have been reports that it actually fixes framerate issues in some retail games, another reason to upgrade. I'd rather have these optimisations than leaving my 3DS in an old firmware

Reactions: Jiehfeng

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the latest update, there have been reports that it actually fixes framerate issues in some retail games, another reason to upgrade. I'd rather have these optimisations than leaving my 3DS in an old firmware
i've yet to see any proof of that. it'd take a side by side comparison with a 60fps video camera to convince me. those claims are sketchy at best, there's many conflicting reports.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go ahead and update. There is NOTHING lost by updating. There were no homebrew apps developed or in development and no way to play illegal roms(it's not a "Backup" unless you dump the cart yourself) or use emulators to play illegal roms of older Nintendo/Sega games.

That being said, Yellows8's DSi save hack was patched out by Nintendo and they never found another.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just go ahead and update. There is NOTHING lost by updating. There were no homebrew apps developed or in development and no way to play illegal roms(it's not a "Backup" unless you dump the cart yourself) or use emulators to play illegal roms of older Nintendo/Sega games.

That being said, Yellows8's DSi save hack was patched out by Nintendo and they never found another.
[Practically] Nobody cares about the dsi anymore :P It's all about the 3DS now... personally I went from a DSPhat to 3DS

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there is something lost, the potential ability to execute code. whether or not that's worth much is up for debate but currently i don't see the point in updating since i don't need the eshop.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Already updated my 3DS. Hope they come up with another exploit...
It's my opinion that if a 3DS hack doesn't allow warez loading, people won't want to use the hack... otherwise you will be saying yes to homebrews and goodbye to future licensed games/apps. Many people say the benefit of hacking would be unlock the region lock but we see now this will come at the expense of not being able to play future games if someway of loading and patching roms isn't available. I would love homebrew but if one day I have to choose between homebrew and licensed games, licensed games it is...

Unfortunately, people usually hack things just to play paid games for free. Most of the nobility of the cause gets lost then.
Actually Nintendo doesn't want people to play homebrew too, even without piracy. First because people could make apps and games without needing a license from Nintendo, and we all know Nintendo profits from licensing... Second because people can create alternatives to apps and possibly games on eshop and it's still a form of competition, this is specially bad with emulators because they compete directly with Virtual Console which Nintendo profits from. Also, sometimes the ability of running cheats can really mess up online games. Not saying I'm against homebrew but there are some reasons why gaming companies doesn't like homebrew.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

They don't know what else was patched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?