Hacking A new update tonight

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel when there is a "True " usable hack :glare: , it will matter very little on which firmware you have. Right now i'm more into the work being done on TempGBA.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hey guys I haent even did the 4.5 update is there a game with the update on it, for when it is needed?
I would think Luigi would be a safe bet (retail). But I really think you are fine staying on your current firmware. If you need a specific firmware, which I doubt, the details would be made known upon the hack's release*.

*which sounds likely as the Lakers winning the Super Bowl at this point.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've updated my 3DS XL since I do actually get stuff on the eShop, like Rhythm Hunter Harmoknight, but I've still got my original 3DS, powered off and wireless disabled to keep it on firmware 4.5.
Anyhow hopefully new exploits are maybe found, whilst they keep at it.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
The system does not delete/block 3DS savegame haxx at all with this update, however the code execution haxx used by this was fixed.

So the exploit itself still works, it just can't be used to actually run anything on the newest firmware.

Really annoyed with myself, last night I let my roommate update my 3DS so he could download Luigi's Mansion 2, I usually leave it a while specifically to see if neimod/yellows8 say it's not safe, then this morning I check GBATemp front page... >:C

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just gonna plop a mention of the decapping fundraiser. It'll be helpful to find new exploits, possibly hardware ones. It says "We are capable of accepting donations by Payza, Interac e-Transfer and Paypal. Please contact us by email if you have any questions about these methods. " , so I assume that you have to email [email protected] to ask about PayPal donations, since that's the email that the Skrill donations are sent to.

Only $933 to go!

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'd donate to it, but for the fact that they've said that the $2k is just an estimate. Even if that goal gets reached, once the chip is properly assessed, there could be enough layers to double the price for the full process :/
And?

A decap of even half the layers would be useful.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
And?

A decap of even half the layers would be useful.

*could, possibly

There's still no guarantee that the decap will even lead to anything. I'm not putting the project down, I hope it succeeds for the very reason that it could unveil a lot about the system; it's just not something I'm willing to put money towards on a gamble right now.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fuck , i updated for fire emblem demo. This totally fucked. Now im mad because no more hombrew for me.
At least no romz for you (first). The savegame exploit still exists (and I think that it's possible to use it for Homebrew) but the exploit to execude other Roms was fixed (but there will be more exploits).

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
*could, possibly

There's still no guarantee that the decap will even lead to anything. I'm not putting the project down, I hope it succeeds for the very reason that it could unveil a lot about the system; it's just not something I'm willing to put money towards on a gamble right now.

Fair enough, but even a small donation of a few dollars would help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety