Hacking A new update tonight

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Actually Nintendo doesn't want people to play homebrew too, even without piracy. First because people could make apps and games without needing a license from Nintendo, and we all know Nintendo profits from licensing... Second because people can create alternatives to apps and possibly games on eshop and it's still a form of competition, this is specially bad with emulators because they compete directly with Virtual Console which Nintendo profits from. Also, sometimes the ability of running cheats can really mess up online games. Not saying I'm against homebrew but there are some reasons why gaming companies doesn't like homebrew.
Sounds an awful lot like what I mentioned in the 3ds hack compilation thread :P

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually Nintendo doesn't want people to play homebrew too, even without piracy. First because people could make apps and games without needing a license from Nintendo, and we all know Nintendo profits from licensing... Second because people can create alternatives to apps and possibly games on eshop and it's still a form of competition, this is specially bad with emulators because they compete directly with Virtual Console which Nintendo profits from. Also, sometimes the ability of running cheats can really mess up online games. Not saying I'm against homebrew but there are some reasons why gaming companies doesn't like homebrew.

Of course Nintendo doesn't want people to play emulators on their system, they have the Virtual Console which is a legal emulator of sorts, while people say that emulation of older systems is legal, that's not exactly true, unless the games have become freeware or abandonware.

I have no problem with paying for the Virtual Console games if I like them, so I'm hoping some games I like eventually get released over there.
The only real reason I do support the hacking of the system would be for region lock, since some games might miss out on Europe, other than that I'm content with the system as is (and to be fair, I don't really care about most homebrew).

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
You are doomed now lol
xD
789-1.png
ed

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The best move at the moment is to chip decap the 3DS. At the same time they don't have enough donations for that. Everyone needs to spread the word about the donations.

OK agreed donations helps - but they did not show nothing worked on their hack - if they're capable to run some code on 3DS - it is based on FW not on some flash card programmer right? For now im not gonna donate them if they not show me some proof. I've read that they some time ago gives some info and some photo of hb program on 3DS menu, later they stated that they never release it. So I am sceptic on this point. Also I've read that r4 team tried to reproduce 3ds card hardware but even if hardware is copied they couldn't run it on 3DS - so problem is cryptic things. I think that they r4i team and dstwo team could coop on this matter.

I really waiting for homebrew on 3DS hardware - DS emu is limited to lack of WIFI password protect as only WEP, also looking for DSlinux on 3DS hardware etc... and really use of 3D functions - specially for movie and etc. Maybe it is also way to run DS roms with some mod using 3DS hardware and flash programmer hardware to play this games on 3D.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the R4 SDHC webiste their saying that their card is compatable with the 5.0.0.11 update!? I just got mine today and I haven't updated my 3DS, I'm waiting until we know for sure!

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the R4 SDHC webiste their saying that their card is compatable with the 5.0.0.11 update!? I just got mine today and I haven't updated my 3DS, I'm waiting until we know for sure!
It probably still is the update didnt focus on locking flashcarts, it did some background work probably preparing for the miiverse update

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really no. Whoever updated got a faster browser, access to the eshop and performance updates for their 3DS's

I'm talking about playing pirated games on the 3DS and the future of home brewing !

I don't really care about eShop and what Nintendo offer I always was a pirate, and I will always be so :grog:

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about playing pirated games on the 3DS and the future of home brewing !

I don't really care about eShop and what Nintendo offer I always was a pirate, and I will always be so :grog:
Lol, good thing your not in California, your ISP would have sniffed that out XD

Is there much known about how the firmware is launched and booted? Neimod/Yellows8 after more documentation should look a bit deeper, so that we might find vulns that can't be blown away by a only an update lol. I may not support piracy, but I want the 3ds blown open if possible, lol.

Pinecallado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my ignorance everyone, I haven't been following the 3ds hacking scene for a while, but what did this update stop that was so important? I just got my 3ds xl today so i didn't think twice about updating it to a new firmware. I only been following the 3ds scene enough to know that there was still no cfw or anything like that released for the 3ds yet so it wasn't important not to update.

Did a new hack release recently that allow region free or 3ds homebrew or something? All i know is that my DSTWO works fine on it.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Sorry for my ignorance everyone, I haven't been following the 3ds hacking scene for a while, but what did this update stop that was so important? I just got my 3ds xl today so i didn't think twice about updating it to a new firmware. I only been following the 3ds scene enough to know that there was still no cfw or anything like that released for the 3ds yet so it wasn't important not to update.

Did a new hack release recently that allow region free or 3ds homebrew or something? All i know is that my DSTWO works fine on it.

Somebody hacked the system, but is not going to release the hack for a number of reasons I won't go in to.
Some people are refraining from updating their systems feeling smug with themselves because they know they have a system still capable of running something that will never be released. Other people have updated and are feeling smug because, even though their system is no longer technically capable of running something that's never been released, they have the most up to date firmware and will be able to play all the latest commercial games.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody hacked the system, but is not going to release the hack for a number of reasons I won't go in to.
Some people are refraining from updating their systems feeling smug with themselves because they know they have a system still capable of running something that will never be released. Other people have updated and are feeling smug because, even though their system is no longer technically capable of running something that's never been released, they have the most up to date firmware and will be able to play all the latest commercial games.
Or your just taking Neimod's advice just to be safe for a while? There is nothing wrong with a little caution, lol. I was one of the people who were skeptical that this exploit would be EVER be released. He recommended to not to update, I'll comply for a while to see if anything short term wise happens.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't update my 3DS so my AK2i and iEvo still works, plus I'm waiting for the release of that exploit you're referring too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0