M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perseid said:
As far as making flash carts not work, I don't think they can. If this plays DS games they can't stop flash carts without threatening compatibility with real DS games.
People said Nintendo couldn't stop the Twilight Hack either. The truth is: they can at least block current flashcards from working. This will already be a huge accomplishment for them. I think that a new model will definately block flashcards.

For some reason, I think this is real. Some features are a bit strange though... Anyway, I don't think Nintendo will suddenly stop supporting the DS and DS Lite, unless this is really a new handheld instead of a new DS model. Ah well, we'll see soon enough.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
Wait....is this for real? ive heard nintendo released a new ds called ds xtreme at the e3, but that was only E3 exclusive......
there was no such thing

it was just a fanboy rumor/wishlist for a new DS that they thought nintendo would unveil at E3
these types of threads wnt from monthly, to biweekly, soon it will be weekly though...

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
fgghjjkll said:
Wait....is this for real? ive heard nintendo released a new ds called ds xtreme at the e3, but that was only E3 exclusive......
there was no such thing

it was just a fanboy rumor/wishlist for a new DS that they thought nintendo would unveil at E3
these types of threads wnt from monthly, to biweekly, soon it will be weekly though...

So kind of like the R4 update firmware rumors? Hawt.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
A camera for a DS won't be any good. Nowdays you can almost get 10 megapixel camera's for the price of a DS. And I'd be amazed if a DS can handle a 3 megapixel camera. Als the DS is to big and unhande to be a MP3 player. iPods / Zens are much smaller and often support video as well. DPG is cool, but the DS will never be able to run XviD/DivX on a normal framerate, so video playback isn't realistic either. Bigger screens will make bad looking DS games look worse.

So my verdict: This "new DS" won't be a DS like the DS Phat or DS Lite, but a successor. With upgraded graphics and all.

And ofcourse they will block flashcards, but that doesn't stop the Scene from developping something new.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uhm, competing with the iPhone? That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard this week, I still seriously doubt this rumor.

CockroachMan said:
HEY EVERYBODY! IT'S THE MONTHLY NEW DS RUMOR AGAIN!
yaynds.gif
Can I has caek nao?

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm i have an mp3 so im not worrying about that... i don't need a camera i mean wtf y do i need a camera and I don't even have a wii so i dont need the sd slot..... but if i had the camera i could put pics on the sd and put it in a notebook and post wherever the f*ck i want.....I HATE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

*He really does!!!!!!
cry.gif
rofl2.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This time is different because a well-respected professional newspaper is running the story. They are way more respected than say for instance famitsu.

We've had a bunch of completely unfounded rumors about a DS redesign, and everyone believed it. This time we have actual reason to believe the story and nobody is listening anymore?

Please learn your lesson after thursday when the DS redesign is announced.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A camera on the DS would be very gimmicky IMO. It would be ok for the occasional picture and for the brief novelty but who would really use it that much? I'm still betting on them adding some internal storage for VC (or at least internal GBA storage). It's all about the money and that would be a cashcow for Nintendo (just as VC is for them on Wii).

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I doubt Nintendo would be interested in competing with the iphone, they have shown with the Wii and DS that all they want to do is focus on gaming machines!
lecture.gif

Stupid rumour!

Fools! p0wned
mad.gif

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Glacius0 said:
This time is different because a well-respected professional newspaper is running the story. They are way more respected than say for instance famitsu.

We've had a bunch of completely unfounded rumors about a DS redesign, and everyone believed it. This time we have actual reason to believe the story and nobody is listening anymore?

rofl2.gif
hahahahahohohoho reminds me of the boy who cried wolf hahahahahahahaha
rofl2.gif
:

evilhomura89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=find...mp;pid=20246783

QUOTE said:
Shorten the DS battery Life till 6 hours only
Build in Memory 4gb
The gap between up and down screen shorten to 2mm only
The volume control change to button style (like psp?) and the quality is better
It also mention that the battery life will be shown this time (Guess is using percentage, too?)
WiFi with WPA2 agreement

The new name is called ?Nintendo DS Netowork? = DSN?? NDSN ?

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kuraudo39 said:
Glacius0 said:

rofl2.gif
hahahahahohohoho reminds me of the boy who cried wolf hahahahahahahaha
rofl2.gif
:

How about a small and friendly dealextreme.com wager? If I'm right, you buy me something off of that website, and if you are, I'll buy you something ^^ Doesn't matter what you buy. Sounds like fun, right? Deal?

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
evilhomura89 said:
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=find...mp;pid=20246783

QUOTE said:
Shorten the DS battery Life till 6 hours only
Build in Memory 4gb
The gap between up and down screen shorten to 2mm only
The volume control change to button style (like psp?) and the quality is better
It also mention that the battery life will be shown this time (Guess is using percentage, too?)
WiFi with WPA2 agreement

The new name is called ?Nintendo DS Netowork? = DSN?? NDSN ?
IMHO if that were made I would definitely not buy it.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
I doubt Nintendo would be interested in competing with the iphone, they have shown with the Wii and DS that all they want to do is focus on gaming machines!
I read an article before where Shiggy said that he doesn't see the iPhone as a threat to the DS. So I don't think this is true.

Blfdgfdghd

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.rewards1.com
XP
Country
Canada
now if this is true WTF why would you want PICTURES and a SD Card in IT thats lik copying the PSP with the Memory Stick Duo and plus if FlashCart dont work than why would you buy it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated