Hardware Is my 3ds screwed? Ram test came back with errors,

vgteso_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, my New 3DS suddenly started having issues with stability (Freezes on home menu, and isnt responsive anymore; sometimes failes to boot, boot.firm issues)
I posted a thread explaining it all , so I wont go into detail here.
Now, I ran the 3ds Hw-test.firm, and it came back like this. What does this mean? Is my 3ds screwed? It worked just fine
IMG_20240410_131521.jpg
about 2 weeks ago.

Neptunexz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ram in your system is failing. You’re going to need to either replace the motherboard or replace the system.

vgteso_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok i know this doesn't help but 1732176413 errors??? that's a lot
lol
Post automatically merged:

I am still curious about what happened to it tho... I mean it was working fine for like 3 years and last week it started like out of nowhere. Never had any problems like that with it before...

Last edited by vgteso_,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why a new thread?
Anyway, the high number of errors can indicate the RAM chip is toast. Or maybe it can't be reached correctly due to broken solder joints.
That is just a layperson's guess.

That board would need troubleshooting by an expert.
This would be more than "just get another one" -- I'm actually interested in finding out what fails and why and if it can be theoretically repaired. The costs are prohibitive though (and I wouldn't know if somebody does such complicated things on 3DS; it is done on phones in data recovery).

vgteso_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it known what ram chip the 3ds uses? If it is, then certainly an Expert would be able to solder the new one on. Sadly I neither have knowledge or equipment for soldering such small components, but I will look into it. Still don't have an idea why it failed from one day to the next. Never had any troubles like this with my system before...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated