Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raven Darkheart said:
these rumors are getting as bad as the phantom R4 v1.19 rumors
and have you not heard of the fact that newspapers print BS to drive up readership?

A select few newspapers do that, not all. People base their behavior on the stock market on this newspaper, so they have a reputation to hold up. They can't get away with telling lies, that's why I'm so sure this is true. I've lived in Japan for a year btw.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glacius0 said:
Raven Darkheart said:
and have you not heard of the fact that newspapers print BS to drive up readership?

A select few newspapers do that, not all. People base their behavior on the stock market on this newspaper, so they have a reputation to hold up. They can't get away with telling lies, that's why I'm so sure this is true. I've lived in Japan for a year btw.
ok even if what you say is true. it doesn't make any financial sense to push a new ds out there now would it? not when youre still outselling psp's by 5-1

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they do release a new one, I just hope they didn't implement DS Firmware Updates (sorta like the Wii), because then flashcarts are fucked, and the only possibility would be to flash.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raven Darkheart said:
Glacius0 said:
Raven Darkheart said:

ok even if what you say is true. it doesn't make any financial sense to push a new ds out there now would it? not when youre still outselling psp's by 5-1
They are in Europe and the US, but in Japan the PSP is actually selling better lately.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
granville said:
TheBestNaruto101 said:
if they do release a new ds they might make it so flashcards dont work on it
unsure.gif
This is GBAtemp. I'm sure they can't keep us out forever!
evil.gif

If the new ds dont support flashcards i think everyone start to work in a new firmware/flashcard to make it work XD

Mmm, If a new DS comes, Its very stupid think it will be great only with a new camera, If the (rumor) new ds comes with more ram, The ds browser integrated (come on! only are 6 mb!) i dont care of the other aps, But i know something ....

IF A NEW DS COMES EVERYONE WILL BUY IT!
yaynds.gif

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if this is true, then WTF is nintendo thinking?? a camera?! This is a portable isn't it, why would you want a camera if you were going to play it on the bus/train. If it was an add-on that's a totally different matter, they already have one for the DS lite: view article
nintendo's getting a bit carried away with the whole innovativity thing, I think they should concentrate more on raw processing power, the DS is the perfect design scheme, now that they've mastered it, they just need to work on the hardware.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
Glacius0 said:
Raven Darkheart said:

Like I said on page 2, the current DS is running out of ideas and games they can make on it even if its still selling. If they keep the same features with better graphics, and all the features the op posted, it would probably sell well. and like Glacius0 said, Japanese newspapers can't really get away with lies because it could possibly ruin there reputation.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Raiyu245 said:
Raven Darkheart said:
Glacius0 said:
Raven Darkheart said:

Like I said on page 2, the current DS is running out of ideas and games they can make on it even if its still selling. If they keep the same features with better graphics, and all the features the op posted, it would probably sell well. and like Glacius0 said, Japanese newspapers can't really get away with lies because it could possibly ruin there reputation.

If it keeps the same features with better graphics, it's not a new DS model.. it's a completely new handheld.. Nintendo wouldn't announce a new handheld now and put it on sale 3 months later, they always announce this kind of thing one year before at least..

But this rumor at least has a source, so, while it might have some thruth to it.. I doubt it's coming out this year
tongue.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
Actually, this is beginning to make sense.

Think about it.. we have no concept image yet. Rumours are usually followed by a concept image or mock-up image. Then they turn out to be fake.
This rumour doesn't have one.

Also, according to DS Fanboy, there is a conference around the corner : http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/09/28/ds-dail...-you-have-done/ .

_____

Then again, what are the odds of Nintendo turning their already fine selling DS into what is practically just a PSP? I'd hate to see this, I hope its fake.
Oh yeah! I forgot Nintendo said like a few weeks ago there was going to be a conference for something. They didn't say anything else about it though but if I remember, they said something about an announcement but I don't know.

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'll believe it when Nintendo announces it.
They have no reason of releasing a new model, seeing as sales are still strong.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call BS. This is what, the 5th or 6th time we've heard about a new DS design? And each time they have stupid assumptions (No GBA slot*!). I highly, seriously doubt nintendo is going to bother with redesigning the DS once again. New system (DS2)? Yes. New DS design, fuck no.

*If anyone ever says the new DS (Not DS2) isn't going to have a GBA slot, please slap them and call them stupid. The DS architecture cannot exist without the arm7 (aka the GBA core).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1