Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
Link5084 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
Yes, but will the new ds be hackable???

For your information, you can't "hack" a DS.

Does anyone know if flashcarts would still work on it?

probably not the current ones we have, but something will be developed eventually.

Not the current ones we have? How could Nintendo make the ones we have not work with the new DS Lite?

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Mogle said:
Rumoured Ds

If you guys wanna know what the new ds rumoured to be looks like here it is
hahaha. That was made by some guy on the internet so long ago.

yeah that's so old and fake. screen's aren't the same size, that's a fuckin knightmare to program. top screen is arcade version of mk, and notice how they aren't even the same (top and bottom i mean). the hinge would snap within a week, and no fuckin way a cartridge can hold that much info.

EDIT: LOL knightmare. i've been watchin too much CG, which reminds me, eps 25 is out today! woot!

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
da_head said:
Link5084 said:
Sir-Fritz said:

probably not the current ones we have, but something will be developed eventually.

Not the current ones we have? How could Nintendo make the ones we have not work with the new DS Lite?

new ds lite? well i assumed, wen ppl refer to new "ds" they actually mean a new GAMEBOY. though if ur referring to a revision like phat to lite, then forget wat i said.

EDIT: sry stupid thing didn't merge :S

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
Link5084 said:
da_head said:
Link5084 said:
Sir-Fritz said:

new ds lite? well i assumed, wen ppl refer to new "ds" they actually mean a new GAMEBOY. though if ur referring to a revision like phat to lite, then forget wat i said.

EDIT: sry stupid thing didn't merge :S

If you're waiting for a new Gameboy, you've got a very long wait ahead of you. Nintendo killed the Gameboy line and name.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shabadage said:
If you're waiting for a new Gameboy, you've got a very long wait ahead of you. Nintendo killed the Gameboy line and name.
Was the gameboy micro released after the DS? Yes, so why would you assume they killed the gameboy line? Has nintendo said they have killed it? If no do not spread lies.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bangbanger said:
Shabadage said:
Was the gameboy micro released after the DS? Yes, so why would you assume they killed the gameboy line? Has nintendo said they have killed it? If no do not spread lies.

Quote from George Harrison in 2007.

""This year in our marketing you really won't see much push against Game Boy itself, so it will kind of seek its own level. It's hard to say in the future if we will ever bring back the Game Boy trademark," he told GameDaily BIZ in an E3 interview (full transcription coming soon)."

Yep, it's dead. Now I want a cookie. Yes the micro was released after the DS, and it's sales went nowhere because Nintendo's Third Pillar (The DS) overtook the handheld gaming market.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is substantially improved AND the GBA slot is still included (likely as there are several important peripherals that use it), I might consider getting it. But I'm still skeptical until Nintendo announces it officially.

And I'll have to see how current flashcards work.

Things that would be awesome:

- texture filter (not likely)
- bigger screens (if the rumor is true, this is likely)
- even further improved battery life (happy with the Lite though)
- better D-pad

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's possible to incorporate anti-flash card measures in the hardware. I'm not an expert, but any measures they try to implement would make a few thousand DS games incompatible, so I'm not too worried.

It seems odd to me that they're going to try and make this a pseudo-PSP. Especially the addition of the camera - it's really unnessesary. I also hope that the additions made don't cause future games to depend on them, thus excluding the millions of DS's already sold.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omatic said:
I wonder if it's possible to incorporate anti-flash card measures in the hardware. I'm not an expert, but any measures they try to implement would make a few thousand DS games incompatible, so I'm not too worried.

It seems odd to me that they're going to try and make this a pseudo-PSP. Especially the addition of the camera - it's really unnessesary. I also hope that the additions made don't cause future games to depend on them, thus excluding the millions of DS's already sold.

I remember this being a problem with the first or second generation DSL's. I think it disabled Passthrough cards. Was very quickly cracked though.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shabadage said:
Quote from George Harrison in 2007.

""This year in our marketing you really won't see much push against Game Boy itself, so it will kind of seek its own level. It's hard to say in the future if we will ever bring back the Game Boy trademark," he told GameDaily BIZ in an E3 interview (full transcription coming soon)."

Yep, it's dead. Now I want a cookie. Yes the micro was released after the DS, and it's sales went nowhere because Nintendo's Third Pillar (The DS) overtook the handheld gaming market.
Although it says they are unsure if they will bring back the Gameboy name I shall give you your cookie. However if they do use the name again at some point I will want the cookie back.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Glacius0 said:
Kuraudo39 said:
Glacius0 said:
This time is different because a well-respected professional newspaper is running the story. They are way more respected than say for instance famitsu.

We've had a bunch of completely unfounded rumors about a DS redesign, and everyone believed it. This time we have actual reason to believe the story and nobody is listening anymore?

Please learn your lesson after thursday when the DS redesign is announced.
rofl2.gif
hahahahahohohoho reminds me of the boy who cried wolf hahahahahahahaha
rofl2.gif
:

How about a small and friendly dealextreme.com wager? If I'm right, you buy me something off of that website, and if you are, I'll buy you something ^^ Doesn't matter what you buy. Sounds like fun, right? Deal?
no it doesn't sound fun....

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
That pic looks incredibly fake. Huge screens = what. Not necessary, really.

Also: HUGE STYLUS JESUS CHRIST WHERE DO I HOLD THAT? I hope it has a nice handy holder and is detractable or something.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Seven said:
That pic looks incredibly fake. Huge screens = what. Not necessary, really.

Also: HUGE STYLUS JESUS CHRIST WHERE DO I HOLD THAT? I hope it has a nice handy holder and is detractable or something.
I think its fake considering that the game on it. on the bottom screen mario is in a straight track and on the top screen it shows mario drifting with a curve in front of him... photoshopped
lecture.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
xcdjy said:
GoNintendo have a translation for the whole article, if it hasn't already been posted:

QUOTE said:
Ruben!: Nintendo will release a new style Nintendo DS by the end of this year. For the first time a camera will be built into a portable device, and
music playback is also possible. With enhanced wireless communication, it suggests it will be used as an information terminal. Since the DS has appeared on the market 4 years ago it has reached a sales number of 77 million units worldwide. It seems that the new style Nintendo DS will cross over from the gaming handheld industry and compete with the cellphone industry. (translators note: this last sentence is speculation by the author and NOT a fact!)

With the camera, pictures that you take can be used in games. Music can be captured from CD’s and such and played back on the new style DS. (translators note: these two sentences are again speculation)

http://gonintendo.com/?p=57525

No, actually a gbatemp member (yes, that would be me) posted a translation and then sent it to gonintendo afterwards
tongue.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...p;#entry1429761

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Ninja isn't scared of the night. Ninjas are night peope.