Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hey everyone
I'm currently trying to update my FW however no matter what version i try to update to, day break says that it has failed to prepare the update result : 0x00004c02

My current version is 14.1.0 |AMS 1.6.2|S (btw what does this S mean? )

1-I've downloaded the FWs from darthsternie
2-I extracted them to a new folder and sent them to the root of my SD card with my pc
3-i launched daybreak with dull ram mode and choose the folder, the files were valid and i chose keep existing settings, and tried both fat32 and fat32 exefs
But it still gives me the same error

Reactions: cloud-strife777

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
0x4C02 is an error that you don't have enough space on BIS partition. Which means someone was tinkering with NAND and put there something that shouldn't exist.
I actually got my switch second hand, so that maybe a possibility
I have about 20 gb of space on both my switch and the sd card each
Post automatically merged:

Also my switch is unpatched btw

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I guess you don't have any old nand backup available? I guess then someone who has more experience with this must help you go through either how to rebuild nand while retaining original prodinfo, or how to find files on BIS that shouldn't exist.

Reactions: Lamcza

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S means you are on sysnand. If you want to update sysnand, just launch stock, and update online through system settings. Sometimes if you’re using a mod chip and update this way, you might need to reset/retrain your modchip.

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
S means you are on sysnand. If you want to update sysnand, just launch stock, and update online through system settings. Sometimes if you’re using a mod chip and update this way, you mightim need to reset/retrain your modchip.
Im using an unpatched switch so that shouldn't be a problem
Is this method safe? Also i don't have a jig in case it is required

So I guess you don't have any old nand backup available? I guess then someone who has more experience with this must help you go through either how to rebuild nand while retaining original prodinfo, or how to find files on BIS that shouldn't exist.
Unfortunately I don't.
I'll look around for a way to do that, but is this the only reason that something like this could be happening?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using an unpatched switch so that shouldn't be a problem
Is this method safe? Also i don't have a jig in case it is required

Unfortunately I don't.
I'll look around for a way to do that, but is this the only reason that something like this could be happening?
The method I use to update my hacked switch is I update sysnand normally. dump the update through Tegraexplorer, install update on emunand using daybreak. Keep in mind that a system update will disable auto RCM if it is enabled.

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
The method I use to update my hacked switch is I update sysnand normally. dump the update through Tegraexplorer, install update on emunand using daybreak. Keep in mind that a system update will disable auto RCM if it is enabled.
sadly i dont have a jig so ill have to fix my nand instead

Danial1382

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Amazing what searching the forums before posting questions will turn up…

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-error-0x4c02.546761/
Im really sorry. I did search the code (mine had a few more zeros) through google but i didnt find anything noteable.
however in the thread you posted they used nxmtp to access the nand , i dont really see an alternative that allowws me to do the same. can you help me with that?

All cases I know that had this error existed because user copied some file to NAND partition instead of to sdcard
how can i access the nand to see if theres anything that shouldnt be there/ the partitioning?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a v1, unpatched switch, you can use a small paperclip to get into RCM. You can even search youtube for it. Or here. You need the keys from YOUR SWITCH, to access your nand, so you must get into rcm, inject picklock_rcm, and dump your keys (and keep a copy on your PC!).

The nuclear method, if sysnand is all you have, is to update in recovery mode. This will erase all of your installed stuff, however. Even your game save files.

With the console turned off, hold down both volume buttons ((+) and (-)), and press the POWER Button to turn the console on. Be sure to keep the volume buttons held down until the Recovery Mode menu is displayed. Select “Restore Factory Settings".

One other note, When restoring factory settings on a 3ds, that also changes the seed for the SD card crypto. I don't know if the same is true for the Switch (never had to do it). In case it is, if you restore factory settings, you may want to re-dump your keys afterwards.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Danial1382

ansuff

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey all, so here is what worked for me:
  • Go to GoldLeaf -> Explore content
  • Then go through every console memory that appear
  • make sure it is clean from any nsp or any other junk (only one safe file and some other folders should be here)
Now everything works for me. Hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto