Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I've just hopped on win-train.

Apparently a employee of local gamestop (while going around stores and asking for network adapters) said he can sell his old oldy network adapter for me - and was "Well, what I can ask? Five euros?" And I was: "I will pay TEN!" - and by the way, if you ever heard of bullshit about gamestop employees not knowing anything about games; how about fucking this: The other employee was with sly smile "You get a hard drive nicely connected with it, yes?" - I was just - well, it was more about "Yeah, we know how it goes but we are not taking names" - I just responded "Yes... for example Final Fantasy XI uses it for patches and so on"

If the guy remembers I can get mine by monday. Just to find a hard drive I am guessing (I even came by A hd loader and patcher for it)

BY THE WAY!

Anyone can answer this:
Back of my Console says "SCPH-39004"
I have Matrix infinity with firmware 1.93 modchip in it
My System Menu (when pressing triangle) says "SCPH-90003" (I think, not same as back of console though)

What options in HDloader patcher 0.8c I would need to enable for this instance (HDD will be bigger than 128gigs so I think that one is automatic for me, and so on)

Any other help also appreciated.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are HDD compatiblity lists, look there, don't just blindly buy one.

And since you have a modchip, hd loader might not work, i don't know. Modchips for ps2 mess with the ps2 memory to do their stuff and that interferes with some loaders. But you can use Open PS2 Loader, which even might work better anyways. Open PS2 Loader has code to handle most modchips and shut them down completely for playing games from HDD or LAN. Ok, the public version 0.6 doesn't have the modchip compatible code, but the official source code has it, there's just no public .elf release with it. Well, my Open PS2 Loader mod should use a recent enough version to be compatible with modchips.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
WiiPower said:
There are HDD compatiblity lists, look there, don't just blindly buy one.

And since you have a modchip, hd loader might not work, i don't know. Modchips for ps2 mess with the ps2 memory to do their stuff and that interferes with some loaders. But you can use Open PS2 Loader, which even might work better anyways. Open PS2 Loader has code to handle most modchips and shut them down completely for playing games from HDD or LAN. Ok, the public version 0.6 doesn't have the modchip compatible code, but the official source code has it, there's just no public .elf release with it. Well, my Open PS2 Loader mod should use a recent enough version to be compatible with modchips.
hmm?

But the HDloader patcher I have for HDloader has one patch that goes:
"stops DVD seek for v9 models" "USE THIS IF YOU USE MODCHIP AND BOOTING FROM MEMORY CARD"

and then there is other kind of patch for:
"USE THIS IF YOU USE A DISC RELATED BOOTING METHOD (swap etc.)"

the patcher and loader I am talking about is one from THIS thread

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Anyone got any foolproof guide ETC. for how HDloader works and how to get games on Hard drive, and all that stuff?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok.
I have now acquired A PS2 network adapter, and 150 gig HDD, and been going CUH-raazy!

Kinda awesome.

By the way, anyone have explanation or anything how multi disc games work (if at all) in HDloader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill