Homebrew Installing mod chip on ps2 with fmcb

Uselesschick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a SCPH 50001 model and I recently soft-modded my ps2 with FMCB. I wanted to try some PSX games with it, but I heard popstarter has limited compatibility and free dvd boot does not work on my model. I want to try installing a mod chip but am unsure whether FMCB would conflict with the mod chip. Sorry I’m not very familiar with all of this.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a SCPH 50001 model and I recently soft-modded my ps2 with FMCB. I wanted to try some PSX games with it, but I heard popstarter has limited compatibility and free dvd boot does not work on my model. I want to try installing a mod chip but am unsure whether FMCB would conflict with the mod chip. Sorry I’m not very familiar with all of this.
FMCB won't conflict with the modchip at all.

I will say, though, that you can load PS1 disc backups through PSXLauncher (https://www.psx-place.com/resources/psxlauncher-elf-by-vegito_93.689/) even with FMCB, but it may not be compatible with games that are CDDA.

Reactions: Uselesschick

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FMCB won't conflict with the modchip at all.
Later versions of FMCB when used with some modchips, result in a black screen. I recommend installing FMCB 1.953 since it works quite well with the Modbo 4.0 and 5.0 makes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto