a few questions from a returning psp owner considering installing CFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by madeirabhoy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. madeirabhoy
    OP

madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 29, 2008
    Antarctica
    help!

i have a psp, which i played with loads then got bored and stuck it in a cupboard for a year. having successfully got my wii soft-modded i thought about the psp. when i originally played it i unfortunately upgraded it to 3.80 which meant that i was too far upgraded to use the various mercury or gta hacks to do it.

from looking on here tonight, it looks like getting a pandora battery is the best way.

few questions:
    is it the only way?

i have a mac not a pc, the walkthrough mentions using a pc, is it possible with a mac? if i buy one of the preloaded memory stick would i avoid this? if not is there any other way?

thanks in advance

2. kai445

kai445 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2006
    United States
  3. madeirabhoy
    OP

madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 29, 2008
    Antarctica
    thanks for the quick and useful answer.

i followed the instructions to what i think is the letter but im missing something, prob something stupid.

i copied all the files onto the card in the right place.

i disconnect the psp from the mac. go to psp menu, to camera, memory card, hen_280
    it says 2 files
    first file is hen and when i open that i just see a hen.
    second file says corrupted file. ive rewritten it and redownloaded it but still the same.

4. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007

2.8 downgrader for firmware 3.80 ? after 3.50 you will struggle to try downgrade without a pandora!

check the PSP stickies how to softmod or hardmod your battery into a PANDORA battery and do it that way [​IMG]

5. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    You'll do more than just struggle....you'll search high and low for a way to get a reliable Pandora battery as cheaply as possible! [​IMG]

6. skyman747

skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2008
    United States
    I would say just buy a Pandora then just load up the necessary files onto your Memory Stick.

I say buy one, because unless you soft-mod it, you are going to have to buy a new battery anyway, since Pandora's can't be used for normal use. I got this battery and it worked perfectly. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

7. jargus

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    United States
  8. kai445

kai445 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2006
    United States
    Oh, I'm so sorry!! I misread 3.80 as 2.80 :-(

Don't waste any more time with that, highest firmware I know you can downgrade without a pandora is 3.03 with GTA:LCS.

9. madeirabhoy
    OP

madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 29, 2008
    Antarctica
    ah d'oh! i didnt notice either even after reading those instructions 10 times. I was soo excited too!

right back to my original question

i have a mac. is there a problem doing this on a mac? i see in the pandora instructions to use a dos prompt to write stuff. is this avoided by buying a memory card with the files on it?

10. madeirabhoy
    OP

madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 29, 2008
    Antarctica
  11. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    The difference seems to be the CFW version they install. With this, I don't think having a mac matters.

12. madeirabhoy
    OP

madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 29, 2008
    Antarctica
    so why do they sell the three different ones, should i just get version 7?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice