Reboot into CFW after battery flat

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With help on here and tutorials, eventually got switch with CFW, with atmosphere and hekate. Was very difficult for me to do and to understand so please bear with me for my next question!

So I know that if battery goes flat I have to go back into PC and inject/boot with TegraRcmGUI.

So been looking about to see if any other ways. Are these RCM loader the way to do without a PC? or am I reading wrong, example link at bottom.

What I was hoping, I do nothing fancy, play games and use RetroArch, so basically boot Hekate and run games and boot into CFW for RetroArch. Is to use this loader if battery flat somewhere to get me back to this state.

Is this possible?

NAVESO Rcm Loader, Rcm Jig Paylods bin Loader for Swich NS Conector with V5 Swich ns U Disk Archive NS Archive NS SX OS Archive 7.0 https://amzn.eu/d/cfJgPJc

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That injector is a clone, so no idea how good it is.
I would just recommend you use your phone if you've got an Android.

Else the sure fire way is a modchip.

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That injector is a clone, so no idea how good it is.
I would just recommend you use your phone if you've got an Android.

Else the sure fire way is a modchip.
So there is proper ones though? What’s make/model, ideally link on Amazon UK if possible would be great.

Yeh that’s out of question at moment, regarding modchip.

But the above principle is a workaround for a flat battery? As in plug in this dongle and it reboots into Hekate?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's stopped being produced because of clones and basically not enough sales as far as I know.

Xkit was their name. The website is shutdown

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's stopped being produced because of clones and basically not enough sales as far as I know.

Xkit was their name. The website is shutdown
So do the clones not work? Or are dangerous, as in could brick, the switch?

But the principle of my original question that’s how these work?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Brick the Switch, probably not. Compatibility however is most likely the issue.

If you got AutoRCM, you just pop it in when you boot your Switch and it should inject the payload.
If you only have RCM and need to use a jig, you need to jig it and boot with the injector.

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks.

So I presume it has to update the version on the autoRCM to match what’s on switch, or could cause problems.

So, I’ve read there’s also a way to on Android. Does it have to be a phone, or can say an Amazon tablet? Is it same principle as autoRCM? Or I could buy a very cheap Android phone in case?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks.

So I presume it has to update the version on the autoRCM to match what’s on switch, or could cause problems.

So, I’ve read there’s also a way to on Android. Does it have to be a phone, or can say an Amazon tablet? Is it same principle as autoRCM? Or I could buy a very cheap Android phone in case?
AutoRCM you often only set once.
Once it's set, and you use software like Daybreak. It will keep the AutoRCM. AutoRCM is basically a corruption that forces the switch to reboot to RCM, since it thinks it's bricked.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With help on here and tutorials, eventually got switch with CFW, with atmosphere and hekate. Was very difficult for me to do and to understand so please bear with me for my next question!

So I know that if battery goes flat I have to go back into PC and inject/boot with TegraRcmGUI.

Did you ever find an answer to the alternate booting you were looking for?

Last edited by testing123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts