Gaming a few questions from a returning psp owner considering installing CFW

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
help!

i have a psp, which i played with loads then got bored and stuck it in a cupboard for a year. having successfully got my wii soft-modded i thought about the psp. when i originally played it i unfortunately upgraded it to 3.80 which meant that i was too far upgraded to use the various mercury or gta hacks to do it.

from looking on here tonight, it looks like getting a pandora battery is the best way.

few questions:
is it the only way?

i have a mac not a pc, the walkthrough mentions using a pc, is it possible with a mac? if i buy one of the preloaded memory stick would i avoid this? if not is there any other way?

thanks in advance

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thanks for the quick and useful answer.

i followed the instructions to what i think is the letter but im missing something, prob something stupid.

i copied all the files onto the card in the right place.

i disconnect the psp from the mac. go to psp menu, to camera, memory card, hen_280
it says 2 files
first file is hen and when i open that i just see a hen.
second file says corrupted file. ive rewritten it and redownloaded it but still the same.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kai445 said:
2.8 Downgrader
http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/improved-2...er-updated.html

It's so cheap and easy to get a pandora battery though, and then DC8 to load 5.00 M33-4... so simple.

2.8 downgrader for firmware 3.80 ? after 3.50 you will struggle to try downgrade without a pandora!

check the PSP stickies how to softmod or hardmod your battery into a PANDORA battery and do it that way
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll do more than just struggle....you'll search high and low for a way to get a reliable Pandora battery as cheaply as possible!
wink.gif

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'm so sorry!! I misread 3.80 as 2.80 :-(

Don't waste any more time with that, highest firmware I know you can downgrade without a pandora is 3.03 with GTA:LCS.

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ah d'oh! i didnt notice either even after reading those instructions 10 times. I was soo excited too!

right back to my original question

i have a mac. is there a problem doing this on a mac? i see in the pandora instructions to use a dos prompt to write stuff. is this avoided by buying a memory card with the files on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.