Hacking A few questions about EZFV

alek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I recently bought a Nintendo DS and a friend of mine told me about GBAtemp and your reviews about the supercards.
It seems that the EZ-Flash cards are better than the others. Therefore I think I will buy one but I have a few questions.

What I understood is that you can copy games or software on a microSD card that goes in a GBA like cartridge in the slot-2 and that you need a pass-card in the slot 1 to make it all work.
My question is, what should I buy ? the "EZ-FLASH 3 in 1 expansion pack bundle with EZ-FLASH V" or an "EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack" with a card like the "EZ Pass 3" which is less expensive ?

I also have questions about the kind of software I will be able to use with the card. My idea was that I could have a web browser and utilities such has a schedule, notepad,... is that possible with the EZFV ?

Finally I have a question about games I already have. For instance I bought Final Fantasy 3, if I use the EZFV with the game rom in the microSD, will I be able to copy saves already on the game or will I have to start over ?

Thanks for the help.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I recently bought a Nintendo DS and a friend of mine told me about GBAtemp and your reviews about the supercards.
It seems that the EZ-Flash cards are better than the others. Therefore I think I will buy one but I have a few questions.

What I understood is that you can copy games or software on a microSD card that goes in a GBA like cartridge in the slot-2 and that you need a pass-card in the slot 1 to make it all work.
My question is, what should I buy ? the "EZ-FLASH 3 in 1 expansion pack bundle with EZ-FLASH V" or an "EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack" with a card like the "EZ Pass 3" which is less expensive ?

I also have questions about the kind of software I will be able to use with the card. My idea was that I could have a web browser and utilities such has a schedule, notepad,... is that possible with the EZFV ?

Finally I have a question about games I already have. For instance I bought Final Fantasy 3, if I use the EZFV with the game rom in the microSD, will I be able to copy saves already on the game or will I have to start over ?

Thanks for the help.

I think your a bit confused.
EZV is a slot 1 card, EZIV is the slot 2 card. they are nothing alike.
and consider the name EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. This is merely a expansion to the EZv (and some other slot 1 cards by way of homebrew) and can not be used as a standalone cart. Besides, the cart is made for gba play with a slot 1 at a reasonable price so it cant play NDS, even if you had a passcard.

I wouldnt advise at getting a slot2+passcard combo because slot1 cards seem to be getting all the attention now, meaning fast updates(not dsx from what i heard).
A slot 1 + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack is about the same price as a decent(can play nds and gba good, excluding some cards) slot 2 card.

I find what i heard about the EZV a bit offputting as its not quite "newbie friendly". You need to patch the roms and need download save lists for your card.

Programs like which you reffered to are referred to as homebrew. Theres a lot of homebrew, try the download centre at GBAtemp.
Try DSOrganise if you want pda like abilities. I heard it doesnt work properly on slot 1 cards though...
if you want a good webbrowser dont use the ds, alternatively get the clean rom and use the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack as a ram pack, to enable browsing.

I would strongly reccomend for you to get an R4 and EZIV lite Deluxe/R4 + EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack, that should be around $80/$50 not including any shipping costs.
if you were to get a slot 2 + passcard, get a EZIV lite deluxe

hope that helped

alek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer, you've clarified how all these cards work.
I think I will do as you advised and buy the EZFIV Lite Deluxe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work