I have an question Does the ds official expansion pak works on the emulators like neods,snemulds,ngpds,nitroswan and gbarunner.

yoooblls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Yes I can just buy a ez 3 in 1 flash cart but the thing is I'm cheap and in my country it's 4,000 pesos to buy it so I'll rather buy an D's browser that has the ds official expansion pak it's 900 pesos in my country

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't gain that much for such things. https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3_in_1_Expansion_Pack_for_EZ-Flash_V#Software covers the list of software that ever made use of it and obviously won't do anything for GBA ROM running.
The recent Command and Conquer version might also struggle ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/vanilla-conquer-nintendo-dsi-port.603701/page-2 ) as I think it was aimed at a narrower field.

By and large though everything made to work with the expansion pack as extra RAM likely uses Lick's RAM API which includes the official browser RAM expansion pack thing as part of it and I believe always did.

Unless one of those pieces of homebrew requires/immensely benefits from it (there being far better ways to play quake on the go these days, most of those emulators gaining very little) then you would be better served getting a 3 in 1 as you also get decent GBA support that way (baseline DS was never good and never going to be, if you have a supercard dstwo then you have superior methods of those emulators as well give or take mini v mac).

mrparrot2

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the emulator is programmed to use the extra memory then yes, they Will work with opera ram expansion.

But do not expect any kind of performance improvements by having one of those installed.

Unlikely the N64 expansion pak where If you install It then the system magically detects the extra RAM and the game can use It simply by allocating memory through malloc, the DS expansion pak do not work in that way.

Instead, what you have is a address range that is ucontinuous from the main RAM that is available for you to write only in 16-bit writes. That alone is enough for any software wanting to use the expansion pak to be a struggle. Furthermore you can not read with the ARM9 and the ARM7 there simultaneously, making It even more annoying If you decide to use It as a cache RAM for assets. This plus the fact that this memory range is not covered by malloc results in an increasingly chalenge to any programmer that wants to take advantage of It.

Reactions: r1vver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I can pay it, but I'd rather eat better.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just eat floor crumbs
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan