A-Data 4GB for cheap in Canada?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DMPugh, Aug 4, 2008.

Aug 4, 2008

A-Data 4GB for cheap in Canada? by DMPugh at 3:07 PM (1,093 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. DMPugh
    OP

Newcomer DMPugh Advanced Member

Canada
    Just ordered a CycloDS Evolution, and I'm not looking to get a good sdhc card for it. I already have 2 A-Data microSD card (1GB and 512MB), and I have found those to be quality in the past with my old Supercard Lite. I'm hoping to get a 4GB card, but don't know where I can find one for fairly cheap. I got my other cards from an ebay seller before, but he doesn't seem to sell anymore.

I guess my first question is, are there lower quality A-Data 4GB cards out there, or should they all be the same (and manufactured from the same place)?

Am I going to notice a difference in speed with an sdhc card (such as games like Castlevania: POR)?

And finally, ummm, where can I find them? Heh.

If anyone knows of an actual store in the Toronto area, that would actually work best for me. Thanks for any input!

2. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    Get a friend in the U.S to buy one, and then ship it to you.

3. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Found one on eBay

$26 AUD free shipping worldwide from HK

But if you don't wanna wait for it to get posted from HK, I'd do what CorruptJon suggested.

4. Tubcat

Newcomer Tubcat Newbie

Canada
    Here is one at Canada Computers, with store locations throughout the GTA, A-Data - 4Gig microsdhc - $17.99

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?d...cid=990.218.987

They have the other manufacturer's at similar prices.

edit: This is class 6! I just picked mine up today from Mississauga as well.

5. crazyshiza

Member crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

I got mine from the Canada Computers store in Mississauga.

6. DMPugh
    OP

Newcomer DMPugh Advanced Member

Canada
    I went to the Downtown Toronto Canada Computers today and they didn't have any in stock. Then called the North Toronto location (which shows 2 in stock on their website) - nope. Guess I'm ordering online and paying the outrageous shipping price...

...but even with shipping, the price ain't bad at all. It just would have been nice to find it in-store.