Hacking A couple of doubts about loadiine and internet connection

matice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) does the internet connection have to be always on to use loadiine without problems or can I just shut off wifi after I've loaded the kernel exploit and loadiine?

2)can the wiiU silently update the firmware even when it's on and I'm playing or do I get a message if it tries to update (silent update only when it's in standby)? consequently, if I unplug the power adaptor to the console am I safe from unwanted updates?

matice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, WiiU runs on magic so it can and will update with unplugged power.

the question was if it can update while I'm playing or only in standby. so that if I don't make it standby but just a) on or b) completely off (with power cord unplugged) I can be sure it won't update

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
disable standby mode, setup tubehaxDNS or on router URL blocking to block updates and you will be fine....and to answer the questions, no the wiiu won't update in the background while playing a game, but it can update while "off" if you leave standby mode enabled and dont block the update servers

Last edited by gamesquest1,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need internet connection for Loadiine, you can host it locally. Create some fake hotspot or something that your Wii U can access just for the hacks.

matice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
disable standby mode, setup tubehaxDNS or on router URL blocking to block updates and you will be fine....and to answer the questions, no the wiiu won't update in the background while playing a game, but it can update while "off" if you leave standby mode enabled and dont block the update servers

cool thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't need internet connection for Loadiine, you can host it locally. Create some fake hotspot or something that your Wii U can access just for the hacks.

what do you mean with fake hotspot?

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: matice

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After youve loaded the kernel exploit and loadiine you can cut the connection/shutdown the server.

It will just be needed to boot another game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...