PS1/2 87% of PS3 Owners watch Blu-ray Movies on the PS3.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not really interesting or surprising. A lot of people buy the PS3 just for the Blu-Ray, simply because it's the cheapest Blu-Ray Player available.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
THE interesting fact would be to know how many PS3 owners actually use their PS3 for gaming.

I doubt anyone would buy the Ps3 for JUST blu-ray movies. If I'd guess I'd say 98.97% of PS3 owners use it for gaming
tongue.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
THE interesting fact would be to know how many PS3 owners actually use their PS3 for gaming.

I doubt anyone would buy the Ps3 for JUST blu-ray movies. If I'd guess I'd say 98.97% of PS3 owners use it for gaming
tongue.gif

Let us be realistic my friend, just a couple of quick examples:
QUOTE(HelloKitty @ Nov 25 2007, 03:42 PM)My friend uses it as a Blu Ray player only.. doesn't even play games on it. I didn't hear any loud noises from it either so you should be fine
happy.gif
433284547_51bb06880a.jpg

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

tongue.gif

Let us be realistic my friend, just a couple of quick examples:
My friend uses it as a Blu Ray player only.. doesn't even play games on it. I didn't hear any loud noises from it either so you should be fine
happy.gif
433284547_51bb06880a.jpg

First time I've seen one of those.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lol, if you have a PS3 that has bluray - why wouldn't you buy and play bluray disc on them?

Not surprising that 87% of PS3 owners watch bluray videos on their PS3. :/

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen it everywhere. That poster was spread out around Europe before the PS3 launched there.

Keyword: Europe. The PS3 is also being sold in the US and Japan. In a more realistic estimate I'd say 84% of PS3 owners use it for gaming. The Rest for whatever.
In a more realistic estimate, 56.3276% say that they too can pull random numbers out of their ass at will.
The percentage can't be that high. I'm sure a majority of the PS3 owners are playing it for the games, but you can't rule out that there's a huge batch of them that do it for the Blu-Ray support, too.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are definitely a whole bunch of people who only use the PS3 as a Blu-Ray player.

I visit a bunch of AV forums and there are thousands of people on there who own PS3's soley for the purpose of playing Blu-Ray discs.

The PS3 is a great Blu-Ray player as it has an internet connection and can be updated to the most recent profiles that are developed.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well it's the best blu-ray player on the market and can easily be upgraded via firmware to meet the current profile which is 1.1 - other blu-ray players don't support this, and it's a games machine too.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember hearing that it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market, and thinking "hmm, maybe I should get it", I didn't give any thought to it about it playing games

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, 97.4% of people use cups for holding liquids and 99.2% of those same people polled also reported that they used their TVs for watching television programs.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprising really. I was looking into the next gen of high def movies, and now since WB went Bluray exclusive, it's probably going to win. Kind of a bummer as I was hoping the format would fail, but that's another story. I only have little interest in the PS3 for games as my 360 is doing me fine, but now with the current state of things I might get it to play movies with first, and as a games machine 2nd.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah right I've purchased ONE BD movie ever since I got my PS3 in July 2007.
Rental is so freaking far away it costs $6+tax plus like $4 for transportation. I stick to DVD rental which is 2 minutes away by foot.
PS3 does DVD 1080P upscaling pretty good.

I'm waiting for Pirates of Caribbean BD 3-in-1 bundle pack thingy though.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    Hello!
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    What's so Funny, @M4x1mumReZ
    ?
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Welcome new user
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    Just got the notice that school is being released 2 hours early cause of the winter storm
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    lets go
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Better than 3 hours late from a lockdown lol
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    While I know you mean in case of someone confusing schooling establishment from shooting establishment (many of the same letters) I am still going to read that as lockdown (also known as lock in) for a pub
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    where if you were in the club you could be invited to be there as a guest of the landlords after things are supposed to stop being served
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Have technically done that in a school but it was the sports centre associated with the school more than the school itself
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    being drunk in school was either because drunk on playing field or could not be arsed with one particular Thursday afternoon so went and had some beers and played some games instead before returning for an ill advised last lesson/period
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Being drunk and high in school was cool
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It was high school
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my power cut out twice
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my pi running octoprint wiped all my plugins and i cba to fix it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No pi for you lol
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Psi, you didn't spell your name right