7.2 Earthqu!ke shakes Mexico

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It supposedly was felt here in Vegas too. Our dog was barking around the time, but I just thought she heard the neighbors or a bag floating by (cause she's really that dumb). I didn't feel it, but I was playing Terranigma and when I play games I can tune just about anything out. My step-mom had asked me if I felt it. I kinda just laughed and told her when I'm playing games anything can be tuned out. Seriously, I could probably tune out a freaking hurricane
tongue.gif
...nah JK, but seriously, it makes you wonder if all the 2012 rumors might be true
tongue.gif

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rizsparky said:
Rock Raiyu said:
There have been way too many earthquakes lately for this to be a coincidence.
US earthquake machine

learnt about the basics of earthquakes much?

Essentially in a very basic explanation underneath us are tectonic plates, they are constantly moving underneath us very slowly. For most major earthquakes when the plates collide/grind against each other there is a sudden release of energy in the form of seismic wave, earthquake woaaaah shakey shakey. Now imagine like this you have some marbles close together if you push one and it collides with another marble, other marbles are also gonna be affected. So one huge earthquake might cause another plate to move which gradually then collides with another and so forth. Kinda like a domino effect. So having a number of huge earthquakes over a span of a few months is not unusual and is the result of major activity beneath with the plates.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talaria said:
Rizsparky said:
Rock Raiyu said:
There have been way too many earthquakes lately for this to be a coincidence.
US earthquake machine

learnt about the basics of earthquakes much?

Essentially in a very basic explanation underneath us are tectonic plates, they are constantly moving underneath us very slowly. For most major earthquakes when the plates collide/grind against each other there is a sudden release of energy in the form of seismic wave, earthquake woaaaah shakey shakey. Now imagine like this you have some marbles close together if you push one and it collides with another marble, other marbles are also gonna be affected. So one huge earthquake might cause another plate to move which gradually then collides with another and so forth. Kinda like a domino effect. So having a number of huge earthquakes over a span of a few months is not unusual and is the result of major activity beneath with the plates.

It's a joke....

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Anakir said:
Yeah.. I live in Ontario Canada too.

So back on topic. Its crazy how many natural disasters are hitting us these months. Makes me think that there's gonna be something really big coming soon that's gonna wipe out something in the 4-digits or more.. :\

Ontario California, not Canada.

I knew what they were talking about. I just didn't know another Ontario exist.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
I felt it, in Ontario, CA. Very strong and long lasting rolling. Scared the crap outta my whole family and pets.
What part of Ontario? I didn't feel anything. Was it during the night (too lazy to convert the time)?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arctic said:
myuusmeow said:
I felt it, in Ontario, CA. Very strong and long lasting rolling. Scared the crap outta my whole family and pets.
What part of Ontario? I didn't feel anything. Was it during the night (too lazy to convert the time)?

Not Canada's Ontario.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anakir said:
Arctic said:
myuusmeow said:

Not Canada's Ontario.
Ooooh.
tongue.gif
My bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.