6/6/17 Pokemon Direct - Live Coverage

Although we're on the heels of E3, it seems Nintendo has some announcements they'd like to make before their big upcoming press conference. It's time to get your pitchforks and hype trains ready, as anything could happen! And GBAtemp will be here to give you live coverage and a recap of the event after it airs, so stay tuned!

And so here we go:
They're talking about the Switch
"And now finally...we're excited to announce..."
Pokken Deluxe!
geJihrw.png
There's a trailer for the game, showing off gameplay in the different modes of the Switch. Huge focus on local multiplayer.
Launches Sept 22 2017

Onto Sun and Moon!
And then randomly....!
cSmf2wy.png
They just gloss over this announcement. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS announced. Oh and Pokken gets a new playable character. Pokken DX is also getting a playable E3 demo for Switch.

They bring out Masuda to talk about these games, stressed for the 3DS. It's an alternate story of the original game, with new Pokemon that didn't appear in the normal games. Global release Nov 17.

Last announcement! Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS virtual Console. Compatible with Pokemon Bank. Launch Sept 22.

Last edited by Chary,

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Can people please stop being so pessimistic? The switch hasn't even been out for barely half a year and people are already crying, the pokemon company isn't stupid they wouldn't and shouldn't have to make the jump to the switch yet, there has never been a sequel pokemon game on a different console than the originals so I don't understand why people wanted that awful pokemon stars rumor to be true?

Last edited by Treeko,

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess some of you guys expected way too much.

Everyone's hype got DESTROYED!!!

Eh I wasn't expecting anything just disappointed really like going back to Alola one of the worst regions on Pokemon sure we get new Pokemon yay also the Gen 2 VC releases will be missing something from them trading from Gen 1 to Gen 2 without that feature it's impossible to complete the pokedex and getting pokemon like Mew in Gen 2 for example.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be happy if the ultra version added back gyms and the E4. I transferred all my pokemon over to moon and stopped playing after the first island person/trial. The games seem like a place holder, just like the current anime feels like a place holder until a hard reboot lands. I still believe the "i choose you movie" is setting up a rebooted anime series and games. In both official dubs & subs ending of XY&Z, Ash was going to return to Kanto and do the next pokemon league there. Using with all the pokemon he caught to date. Then All of a sudden we got the s/m series with even less exp'd Ash. Diffidently screams reboot is coming. If they are going to reboot the anime with Ash traveling with the fellow beginners from I choose you movie, then they might as well redo the red blue and green games as well. I think that is what's going to happen. They just need to bring the total of pokemon up to 900-1200 and place 300-400 catchable in each of the new red, new green and new blue games.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed clerical error, not for the Switch at all.

Makes you wonder though... Were they initially planning a release on Switch? Seems too convenient for it to be a random error.

Reactions: chartube12

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
O look, Solgaleo an Lunala got Edgier. Sigh.....in 3DS!!!!!! I feel disapointed. but O well, it's their games, they do what they wanna do.
Pokken for switch....so they made the Switch from the Wii U too, huh? they pulled off a MK8...and one I didn't like. But I guess that one wasn't too munch of a surprise.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people surprised? The Pokemon Company always waits until the last generation dies before jumping ship to the current generation. As long as the 3ds is being supported, pokemon games will stay on the 3ds. Black and white 2 came out for the DS after the 3ds was released. pokemon gold/silver were compatible with the original gameboys. It's a normal thing they do.

Last edited by osaka35,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they should have made a version on the switch and another on the 3ds imo, it makes no sence what they did.

if they released ultra sun on 3ds and ultra moon on the switch it would be amazing but nope we will be keeping the awful looking models becuase of the 3ds being so old and so low rez :S.

Reactions: DarthDub

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Not surprised by no Pokemon Stars, although I do want it to come.
Pokken Tournament was kinda meh on WiiU, although it might find a better home on the Switch. I'm not interested in it however.
Ultra SuMo... I don't really want to pay for the same game again so I'll probably Freeshop it. I already bought the original SuMo legitimately (two games for two consoles).
Gold and Silver on VC? That's a good move. Maybe we'll get all of the GBA games next on VC and I can finally say goodbye to my DS.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can people please stop being so pessimistic? The switch hasn't even been out for barely half a year and people are already crying, the pokemon company isn't stupid they wouldn't and shouldn't have to make the jump to the switch yet, there has never been a sequel pokemon game on a different console than the originals so I don't understand why people wanted that awful pokemon stars rumor to be true?
I do agree, but we basically said the same thing with the Wii U as well.

The problem here and with Pokemon is that Nintendo is basically competing against itself. It's perfectly legitimate for Switch owners to want to make their purchase worth it, and it's understandable to have concerns after the Wii U.
The Switch has a great potential but this... wasn't helping. Let's hope for better stuff at E3.

Reactions: Catsinabucket
D

Deleted User

they should have made a version on the switch and another on the 3ds imo, it makes no sence what they did.

if they released ultra sun on 3ds and ultra moon on the switch it would be amazing but nope we will be keeping the awful looking models becuase of the 3ds being so old and so low rez :S.
I do agree, but we basically said the same thing with the Wii U as well.

The problem here and with Pokemon is that Nintendo is basically competing against itself. It's perfectly legitimate for Switch owners to want to make their purchase worth it, and it's understandable to have concerns after the Wii U.
The Switch has a great potential but this... wasn't helping. Let's hope for better stuff at E3.
That's a good point.....

They could have run an experiment, released UM on 3ds and US on Switch, and check the sales numbers between them, compare an openly pirated system to another.... see what happens....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.