Hacking 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 questions

frankGT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i finally gave up on loadiine and installed all the games on a usb drive.
I used the "legit way" without cfw, all games are up to date but the console is 5.5.1.

1 - Can i play online with this firmware or will an update to 5.5.2 be mandatory?

2 - If someone updates to 5.5.2 what will happen? Will the games still run with no more hacking allowed?

Thanks in avance.

luckypeic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So i finally gave up on loadiine and installed all the games on a usb drive.
I used the "legit way" without cfw, all games are up to date but the console is 5.5.1.

1 - Can i play online with this firmware or will an update to 5.5.2 be mandatory?

2 - If someone updates to 5.5.2 what will happen? Will the games still run with no more hacking allowed?

Thanks in avance.

You can still play online with 5.5.1, i am still on 5.5.1 and i play splatoon online

If you have haxchii you can still use hacks on 5.5.2, only browser expoit is patched but if you update to 5.5.2 without having haxchii then you can use unstable 5.5.2 browser exploit to install haxchii using DS game

I will stay on 5.5.1 for now since there is no benifit in updating to 5.5.2 as far as i know, and in 5.5.1 you can still use hacks and browser exploits and play online without problem while in 5.5.2 you need haxchii for hacks

Last edited by luckypeic,

frankGT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks a lot.

So if by accident someone updates my wiiU to 5.5.2 games that are allready installed will still run fine?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot.

So if by accident someone updates my wiiU to 5.5.2 games that are allready installed will still run fine?
If the system updates then some will work but if they are eshop only games or VC games they won't work. You can stop the system from ever updating by removing the wiiu update folder from the system there is a guide somewhere on this site for doing that.

Edit found the guide for you https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-prevent-updates-by-removing-the-systems-update-folder.482091/

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: frankGT

frankGT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If the system updates then some will work but if they are eshop only games or VC games they won't work.

All games installed have a disc version.

Imagine i sell this 5.5.1 console and the person updates de 5.5.2... Will all the games be available?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu