ROM Hack 4507 - Zelda Spirit Tracks Anti-Piracy Hack

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Why the fuck do you care? You're getting a game for free. So shut the fuck up and enjoy the game. If it wasn't for them odds are you wouldn't be playing Spirit Tracks right now (unless the loaders/firmware for carts was updated before the patch). If you're really going to bitch about a goddamn small logo screen that you see for, oh I don't know, 3 seconds and forget about in the next 5, then I'd seriously shut the fuck up and learn some common courtesy.
BAWW BAWW BAWW BAWW D:>
The CORRECT answer would have been: "Yes, we should get rid of these spamming splash screens. They also corrupt the clean status of the rom, and are nothing but self-serving advertisements for some person who flashes the carts to a file to inflate their own ego. We're not playing Xenophobia's or Suxxorz's or whoever's Zelda or Phantasy Star or whatever. We are playing Nintendo's."

HINT: The fact that it is a free game is just a stronger reason that we should be paying thanks to Nintendo rather than some nerd in need of anger management classes and humility.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
kirakills said:
this game works on itouchds but won't save, i save in the game it says i saved then i turn off the ds and turn on and it says creating save everytime. anyone know why? thanks
Because the game uses a bigger save. Than your card can handle. You can play the game.
But can't save.
Couple of the cards example Edge card, Cyclo Ds Evo and others can't save because the cards don't recognise save.

Vegeta9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game works with the R4 if you download the latest kernel from the official site. But the train overlay controls are missing, so the game is pretty much useless. Just wait for a patch to come out before even trying this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegeta9000 said:
The game works with the R4 if you download the latest kernel from the official site. But the train overlay controls are missing, so the game is pretty much useless. Just wait for a patch to come out before even trying this.

Um, it works on R4 with YSMenu. I tried loading it with 1.18 and it freezes at the Nintendo logo. It's fine on YSMenu.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guild McCommunist said:
Vegeta9000 said:

Um, it works on R4 with YSMenu. I tried loading it with 1.18 and it freezes at the Nintendo logo. It's fine on YSMenu.

Believe what Guild is saying. Just patch the game, use YSMenu and it works without any mistakes.

JJShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kirakills said:
this game works on itouchds but won't save, i save in the game it says i saved then i turn off the ds and turn on and it says creating save everytime. anyone know why? thanks

taken said:
kirakills said:
Because the game uses a bigger save. Than your card can handle. You can play the game.
But can't save.
Couple of the cards example Edge card, Cyclo Ds Evo and others can't save because the cards don't recognise save.

For those who have the don't saving problem on Edge and in other cards (i've only tested on Edge), just start the game in a NDS emulator on PC, save game (it should be a ~980 kb save) and then, rename the emulator save to the name of your rom (ex: Zelda Spirit Tracks.nds; Zelda Spirit Tracks.sav) and put it on the card. Now the game saves without problems =)

For more information, I've used Desmume 0.9.5, which create a xxxx.dsv file, and then I renamed it to xxxx.sav file, working perfectly on Edge.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Why the fuck do you care? You're getting a game for free. So shut the fuck up and enjoy the game. If it wasn't for them odds are you wouldn't be playing Spirit Tracks right now (unless the loaders/firmware for carts was updated before the patch). If you're really going to bitch about a goddamn small logo screen that you see for, oh I don't know, 3 seconds and forget about in the next 5, then I'd seriously shut the fuck up and learn some common courtesy.
BAWW BAWW BAWW BAWW D:>
The CORRECT answer would have been: "Yes, we should get rid of these spamming splash screens. They also corrupt the clean status of the rom, and are nothing but self-serving advertisements for some person who flashes the carts to a file to inflate their own ego. We're not playing Xenophobia's or Suxxorz's or whoever's Zelda or Phantasy Star or whatever. We are playing Nintendo's."

HINT: The fact that it is a free game is just a stronger reason that we should be paying thanks to Nintendo rather than some nerd in need of anger management classes and humility.
This.

Vegeta9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Vegeta9000 said:

Yeah it was freezing for me too. Until I went to the official R4 site and downloaded the newest Kernel. Everything but the train overlay worked. I'm not going to bother installing YSmenu (seems kind complicated). I'll wait for a patch. For anyone that's wondering, I have a regular R4ds, and still playing on my fat ds (lol).

Migz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JJShadow said:
For those who have the don't saving problem on Edge and in other cards (i've only tested on Edge), just start the game in a NDS emulator on PC, save game (it should be a ~980 kb save) and then, rename the emulator save to the name of your rom (ex: Zelda Spirit Tracks.nds; Zelda Spirit Tracks.sav) and put it on the card. Now the game saves without problems =)
What emu you using JJ to create the sav?

B

ball2012003

Umbreon999 said:
Not sure if this was posted yet but it works on Ez Flash Vi. You just need to put the 1.9 Beta 6 firmware on your micro and turn soft reset off
can you give me a link to that firmware please

JJShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Migz said:
JJShadow said:

I've used Desmume 0.9.5. The emu creates a .dsv save file, which you only have to rename it to xxxxx.sav (xxxx is the name of your rom)

Migz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JJShadow said:
Migz said:
JJShadow said:

I've used Desmume 0.9.5. The emu creates a .dsv save file, which you only have to rename it to xxxxx.sav (xxxx is the name of your rom)
cheers nice1
wink.gif
Can confirm this works 100%
wink.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tinker said:
Except he's a nerd who made the game work for us. I honestly don't mind, it's less than a second there.
If it cleared after a second or two, it'd be fine...
But the Xenophobia logo sits there until you press a button. Thus making it FAR more annoying than it should be.

hupla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I patched the game but now I cant seem to leave nikos house, any help would be appreciated and im sorry if I missed a post alredy explaning this.

Sardana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Tinker said:
Except he's a nerd who made the game work for us. I honestly don't mind, it's less than a second there.
If it cleared after a second or two, it'd be fine...
But the Xenophobia logo sits there until you press a button. Thus making it FAR more annoying than it should be.

Not to spur this on further... But can't you just be happy that we get to play it? Sure, some people can't get it to work. But seriously, how long did it take for the patch to come out after the ROM was leaked? Xeno or someone else is probably already working on a second patch or something similar.

Can't you guys just say thanks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya