4 New Genesis/Mega Drive games added to Nintendo Switch Online: Expansion Pack

This might catch some people by surprise, but Nintendo added 4 new Genesis/Mega Drive games to their Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. The 4 games are:

Comix Zone
Target Earth
Zero Wing
Mega Man: The Wily Wars

To play these games, you have to update the software to v2.2.0 and have access to the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack.

Last edited by ,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@UnreaLorenzo There's no thumbnail to your article. Screenshot an image of the games from the video, and put it in the beginning of your article. If it still wouldn't appear on the front page, maybe one of the editors around here'd fix it up for you. :)

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@UnreaLorenzo There's no thumbnail to your article. Screenshot an image of the games from the video, and put it in the beginning of your article. If it still wouldn't appear on the front page, maybe one of the editors around here'd fix it up for you. :)
This was my bad actually. When posting to the front page GBAtemp will usually automatically grab the thumbnail of a YouTube video if there's no image attached. I didn't realize it wouldn't do this when promoting something from a different forum to the front page. I fixed it and told it to use the YouTube thumbnail immediately after promoting it, but it doesn't seem to have updated yet. I'm hoping it will soon.

D

Deleted member 575334

OP
This was my bad actually. When posting to the front page GBAtemp will usually automatically grab the thumbnail of a YouTube video if there's no image attached. I didn't realize it wouldn't do this when promoting something from a different forum to the front page. I fixed it and told it to use the YouTube thumbnail immediately after promoting it, but it doesn't seem to have updated yet. I'm hoping it will soon.
Thanks relauby. If it isnt fixed. Can i dm you a Screenshot?

D

Deleted member 575334

OP
I will see what i can do.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks to our Editor: relauby for fixing it. :)

Last edited by ,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's so stupid of them to release only a few games every few weeks. They could have easily put them out on day one. The reason for this is obvious: They get advertised by news like this for free. I wish no one would report those new games so they stop this stupid "release" behavior.
If I'm subscribing to Nintendo Online now I get less for my money than if I do it next year, because I would have more of those old roms available than today. Don't get me wrong: I'm so far away from paying for this nonsense but enjoying RetroArch instead but still I hate the fact Nintendo is getting away with this stupid release policy.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so stupid of them to release only a few games every few weeks. They could have easily put them out on day one. The reason for this is obvious: They get advertised by news like this for free. I wish no one would report those new games so they stop this stupid "release" behavior.
If I'm subscribing to Nintendo Online now I get less for my money than if I do it next year, because I would have more of those old roms available than today. Don't get me wrong: I'm so far away from paying for this nonsense but enjoying RetroArch instead but still I hate the fact Nintendo is getting away with this stupid release policy.
Nintendo fanboys are loyal and very rarely criticize or protest so you see why Nintendo gets away with it.

If it were EA, Activision, Microsoft, Sony? Yeah, no way in hell.

Reactions: Henx

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
"All your base are belong to us"

how not to love the 90's?

You know, the 90's, when gaming was not about of monthly wages.
Too bad gaming is the biggest entertainment money-making machine in the galaxy.

It is in desperate need of a crash.

D

Deleted member 575334

OP
Gotta love Comix Zone.
Also, ha ha old funny meme aside, Zero Wing is quite fun on it's own.
I do prefer the arcade version though.
Comix zone is one of the most unique games i've played on the Mega Drive. I love it :)

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's actually a really good lineup of games. The "All your base are belong to us!" game(memes aside, it's actually a really good game), and the Megaman game that wasn't originally released in the US physically.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo fanboys are loyal and very rarely criticize or protest so you see why Nintendo gets away with it.

If it were EA, Activision, Microsoft, Sony? Yeah, no way in hell.
I don't really complain, because they're all free for me anyway. I'd never pay actual money for this service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...