Fire Emblem heads to Nintendo Switch Online's GBA selection

The very first officially localized Fire Emblem game is being added to the Nintendo Switch Online game collection. Starting June 23rd, you'll be able to play Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade as part of the GBA lineup for Nintendo Switch Online's Expansion Pack.

Featuring all the fierce tactical combat and rich, intrigue-filled storytelling the series is known for, Fire Emblem was the first installment in the series to launch outside of Japan. Plus, it also marked the debut of the hero Lyn, who you may know as the Emblem of Blazing from Fire Emblem Engage!

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm kind of sad to see that the tendency of newest consoles generations almost need you to have an online connection to live a 'complete' experience. And then, you need to create an account, bla bla bla.

For me, my interest kind of stops at the generation of PSP, PS2, GameCube, Gameboy Advance/DS, when Internet was emerging for the consoles but not necessary at all. The game were complete and if a game had some bugs, it stayed that way.

I feel very satisfied by the simplicity of turning on a Super Nintendo and play the game in less than 10 seconds without feeling you need to be online to update, etc, etc. Just turning on the power and PLAY!

Simply play.
You are making this a bigger issue than it is.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pure bs the new guy in charge don't know or care about his name is a hardcore japenese businessman who only cares about $ that's why nintendo are joke now. Satoru was NEVER like this he actually cared unlike this new guy just run the company into the ground to make a profit no matter what!
We can say many things and criticize current Nintendo, but saying its being run into ground while being the most successful they have been in years doesn´t sound very convincing. While yes, most of the current Nintendo heads are mostly businessman who mostly care about profits, doesnt mean that Nintendo wasn´t anti-consumer before, but i think the difference is that Nintendo has been keeping up with new industry standards, while being as predatory as they have always been since Yamauchi days. Iwata days were a very good exception, but by the end of his term was already struggling to keep the company on right track, which made it easier for the focus to change.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
same my friend... Satoru san was the best for nintendo and for us too!
If it was just by me (and im pretty sure almost all gbatemp would be with me too)
Some companies should just NOT be led by businessmen or even have their ceo chosen by a council or anything.
For example, video games companies, should have their CEO to be elected by their customers (it would be much more simple today, as in that every nintendo account with a console linked to it, and I mean a current generation console, switch in this case, would get a vote)
I'd even go further, for companies who produce consoles, there would be an election for every new console generation.

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm staying at the base subscription for Switch online only because honestly I have a GBA flash cart and the N64 games I care about have a VC ver. I got on Wii U or some other port/remake/remaster like OoT 3D for example.
I do like having NES, SNES, and GB/GBC though tbh I wish we'd get stuff like the Oracle games on it so I can replay them.
It also helps I have the family plan with like my dad and my best friends/brothers.

Still, it's a rip off to have the expansion pass but honestly if you have it and enjoy it... more power to ya but I'll stick with the barebones since it's actually cost effective at this point vs whatever the hell expansion pass is.

I will note one thing I find kinda insane about the expansion pass and it's that Nintendo couldnt' think of anything else but "free" DLC for a few games that really it'd be cheaper to just get them all at once and have them on my system and thats that. Though if they made it maybe like "All DLC for all games being accessible while having the expansion pass"......... Heh. I'd actually buy it. That'd be an interesting and worthwhile investment. At least better than what we have now.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are waiting for Advanced Wars, but since Nintendo had recently released the Switch port of these GBA games - it probably won't ever happened.

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember this was one of my first Virtual Console games I bought on Wii U. Think it was like under $10 and pretty decent, even had a digital manual available with each copy. Pretty jank you gotta access a website on the Switch just to view it. Can't imagine paying a $50 subscription to play this but to each their own.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMMM stellar game. I have a love for the brutal linear games where you’re stuck with your choices and can’t grind your way out of them.

The GBA games just have such a charm too. They’re a series high for the battle animations, and the little chibi face windows are something that always make me happy.

Don’t play my Switch much at the moment but it is nice to know this is here.
how bout localllizing the presequal (binding blade) and for gods sake give us mother 3
Post automatically merged:

paying extra to play 1 fucking game what a absolute joke their service is. it's worse than ea and their fucking sims DLC
the dlc is sorta bad but i stay for the user mods )I mean theres a murder mod ffs now if only i can combine that and a dbz mod with ki blast.... or stab/absorb other sims like cell does,,,,,,

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
"Oh yeah Ninti! That's right! oh baby, feed me with the tea spoon! Give me the breadcrumbs of hundreds of games that already exist! Surprise me with another game once per year! Give it to me as long as i'm paying you annually! Oh yeah Ninti i love it!!!"

Said the victim of the abuse.

I'm kind of sad to see that the tendency of newest consoles generations almost need you to have an online connection to live a 'complete' experience. And then, you need to create an account, bla bla bla.
Games are actually on your console the whole time, you are just paying the nintendo to access them on your own device,using the internet. :)
Isnt that nice?

extension thingy. nintendo online subscription… it’s ridiculous!
There, i fixed it for you. You're welcome.

Last edited by Metoroid0,

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The very first officially localized Fire Emblem game is being added to the Nintendo Switch Online game collection. Starting June 23rd, you'll be able to play Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade as part of the GBA lineup for Nintendo Switch Online's Expansion Pack.

I MISREAD "BLAZING BLADE" AS "BINDING BLADE" AND THOUGHT NINTENDO HAD FINALLY RELEASED AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF IT FKKKKKKKK 💀

Anyway ew, I'm not paying $50 just to play one game I'm interested in when I can already play ALL the GBA Fire Emblem games on my 3DS VC right now without waiting on Nintendo's drip feed BULLCRAP

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me, who just payed $80 for a physical copy of this game a few months ago to add to my collection cause it’s one of my favorite games in the series:

“Hell yeah time for another playthrough!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto