Homebrew 3DSNES - Is this real?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LumInvader I dunno, the 3ds has 3 cpu's that it could potentially abuse (2 in arm11 and 1 in arm9). If these can all be accessed at the same time, however is a different question, as is the factor of if the cpu's in arm11 mode can be safely overclocked in software, which I don't think anyone REALLY has the answer to that yet.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Playstation 3 Emulator working on PC, right ? no, it's more(much more) complex, i need understand the architecture of Playstation 3 and alot of other things to do it(to do it i need more knowledge).
Haha the ps3 part was a joke, i know that thst isnt possible.anyway keep up this good work!

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well. This can work with the Gateway or need chose one? Because i belive the people not will want to uninstall your gateway only to run homebrew. I dont use the blue card to play ds games as example.
Anyway, i agree about the name, It should be 3DS'nes or 3DSlamenes.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I believe right now the NES emulator has the publid domain rom embedded into the .dat file. Is the Gameboy one like that too? I heard the compatibility's off and GBC had to be disabled. How does one decrypt for inserting whatever?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. This can work with the Gateway or need chose one? Because i belive the people not will want to uninstall your gateway only to run homebrew. I dont use the blue card to play ds games as example.
Anyway, i agree about the name, It should be 3DS'nes or 3DSlamenes.

No gateway needed, only a standard ds cart, such as the DSTwo to load the exploit initially, and of course, only on 4.xx firmware.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, not my point, sorry. My point is, it can be used WITH gateway without need to reinstall it every time you use homebrew?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it requires the exploit that can load unencrypted homebrew, so you'd have to add it to your ds based card first, and run it, then run the homebrew....although i think there's a way to go about encrypting the launcher.dat's (I remember seeing something mentioned in a different thread a while back).

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, if you're going to say something about st4rk's work, keep it polite. I'd love to see how you guys react when you make something you deem creative and awesome that you pour your own sweat and blood into, just to have others shit on it because you don't think it's that cool.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first 3DS mode homebrew of its kind. Whether there are already other NES emulators out there or other mediums of getting one to run on a 3DS console, albeit in DS mode, this is the first one to be able to be run on a 3DS able to utilize all of the resources the system has available. It's still in its early stages and st4rk seems quite committed to working on it, so you all sit tight and don't let your panties get in a bunch.

If the negativity isn't stopped it will be removed.

st4rk, I really hope you don't let yourself get one bit discouraged by the haters. Always remember that for all the people that love your work, there's always going to be one that doesn't. Don't let it get to you ;)

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who is satisfied with the 3DS's original VC and that has no interest into hacking the thing I say that's a cool little project. Surely it's slow and no sound, but it's only the start.
And I know that normal DS flashcards can emulate a NES, but this is just the beginning. I would love to see more.

Oh, and this thread is definitely the proof that very few people still give two fucks about hacking and they only care about piracy.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fair enough, though I thought you mentioned that you had figured it out yourself for the most part as well. Otherwise, I suspect you're on Smea's team helping with SSSpwn right now if you're trusted enough to have other devs sharing their work on that scale with you. I just hope that a 4.5 supported version will be released some day based on this 4.5 kernel exploit for those of us still running it, so we can play with better emulation and maybe toy with overclocking a bit, so stuff you can't do with just user mode. Anyway, thanks for confirming, and I hope you actually are on the Smea team, as the more devs that are a part of it, the sooner we can get our hands on it. I think the most interesting thing will be seeing what all of you go off and make after SSSpwn is done.

You're reading too much into my posts ^^
I have not even turned on my 3ds in two months xD

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're reading too much into my posts ^^
I have not even turned on my 3ds in two months xD

That's unfortunate, but still, your contributions thus far are greatly appreciated. I honestly urge you to join Smea's team. If you still have any interest in the 3DS whatsoever, you shouldn't let your skills go to waste when they're so desperately needed.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is an old topic but for anyone with hopes for some kind of stereoscopic support / toggle switch for a 3DS emulator in the future - I'm guessing you might not be aware of the incredible skill and resources it took to produce the Sega 3D remasters, how the process is the very opposite of simply adding a 3D 'filter' or applying values to an extra axis. The entire games pretty much required deconstructing and having large chunks of the visual data tweaked / modded before put back together again.

Nintendo's own programme of 3D NES updates only lasted for one small run because by their own admission the scale of work needed to 3D-enhance even those relatively unsophisticated titles ended up being far greater than they'd envisioned.

Short version: No, we'll never see an emulator or a program that can convert a non-stereoscopic game into a stereoscopic one. It's just not the kind process that can be made possible by an executable.

S

swaggon

Short version: No, we'll never see an emulator or a program that can convert a non-stereoscopic game into a stereoscopic one. It's just not the kind process that can be made possible by an executable.

Why not? Of course it wouldn't be a quick and easy automatic conversion, but I've recreated and colorized black and white Game Boy games and turned them into Game Boy Color ROMs using programs before, so this sort of thing is not absolutely impossible. I'm sure that converting a ROM to steroscopic 3D through recreation of the game is something that could certainly be achievable by programs.

D

Deleted User

I know this is an old topic but for anyone with hopes for some kind of stereoscopic support / toggle switch for a 3DS emulator in the future - I'm guessing you might not be aware of the incredible skill and resources it took to produce the Sega 3D remasters, how the process is the very opposite of simply adding a 3D 'filter' or applying values to an extra axis. The entire games pretty much required deconstructing and having large chunks of the visual data tweaked / modded before put back together again.

Nintendo's own programme of 3D NES updates only lasted for one small run because by their own admission the scale of work needed to 3D-enhance even those relatively unsophisticated titles ended up being far greater than they'd envisioned.

maybe nes can't be converted to 3d, IDK that much about it, but from what I do know you can (theoretically) do that with snes, automatically, in real-time. every snes emulator emulates 3 (or more, IDK) layers, then it draws them on top of each-other in the right order. if ya can show layered 3d picture on the 3ds, I think it will be possible to do that with emulation. not all games will look really good, but theoretically it's possible.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's good to be optimistic I guess - and I don't doubt that a theoretical, brute force solution might be technically feasible but aside from wanting a program to either make artistic choices a team of humans would struggle to implement or have z-axis control options for every background and sprite plane - you'll also need the emulator to run games at a rock solid 120 frames per second, 60 pfs for each eye.

Bear in mind that M2 only achieved their results on the 3DS after several years of title-specific optimisations and experiments, and could only tackle '3D'ing' more complex Mega Drive games near the end of the process and with full access to original source materials and data. And they're probably the most skilled and knowledgeable 3DS coders outside of Nintendo's own engineers.

Last edited by SG6000,

RaptorBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3DNes need a homebrew version.I love nes but QuickNES cant run hack roms.
A brazilian developer is really cool!

Sorry for my worst english.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o