Homebrew 3dsgba

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

You didn't fix any of them. You just hid them.

No, I fixed some of them (e.g. suggested parentheses, brackets in macro if-statements) and hid the ones that don't really matter much/don't need changing (e.g. a variable from a macro that was sometimes, but not always, used).

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMHO, using X for START and Y for SELECT would be a really good option, save state could be done trough a menu, like gameyob.

I'm looking at the code to find if there is a way to implement it, even if in a rude way, but i suck pretty much at coding.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32M GBA ROMs don't seem to work (Mother 3 at least doesn't). Understandable assuming the entire ROM is being loaded into RAM.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32M GBA ROMs don't seem to work (Mother 3 at least doesn't). Understandable assuming the entire ROM is being loaded into RAM.

Right now the issue is that we only have 64MB of RAM available, and linearAlloc only had 32MB available to it and I believe all but 8MB available for the normal heap. Since we also use linearAlloc to get the RAM for the GBA, we cannot load 32MB ROMs yet without either splitting the ROM into two 16MB chunks (one linearAlloc and one in heap). Since this is a known issue and will be fixed we'll probably just hold off for now and wait for the fix to be released. RAM definitely isn't an issue though in this case, it's just the nature of ninjhax as of now. I believe once ninjhax makes all the RAM available to us we should be set for 32MB ROMs.

Reactions: ChrisRX

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games works?

Most games will load unless its 32mbs but I mean its hardly even playable. It's incredibly slow right now and the sounds "poppy."

I mean if you have a lot of patience, I guess you could play games on it but it took me over 20 minutes to get through the intro to Final Fantasy VI Advance.

In time, I'm sure it will get better. :D

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Right now the issue is that we only have 64MB of RAM available, and linearAlloc only had 32MB available to it and I believe all but 8MB available for the normal heap. Since we also use linearAlloc to get the RAM for the GBA, we cannot load 32MB ROMs yet without either splitting the ROM into two 16MB chunks (one linearAlloc and one in heap). Since this is a known issue and will be fixed we'll probably just hold off for now and wait for the fix to be released. RAM definitely isn't an issue though in this case, it's just the nature of ninjhax as of now. I believe once ninjhax makes all the RAM available to us we should be set for 32MB ROMs.

You can't split the rom in bank's ? and loading it when is necessary ? i dunno if this can work but is a way to do it, if i am not mistaken StapleButter did something like it in 3DNES

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't split the rom in bank's ? and loading it when is necessary ? i dunno if this can work but is a way to do it, if i am not mistaken StapleButter did something like it in 3DNES

GBA doesn't have banks to really split, since any memory can be randomly accessed, so no loading things as needed. We tested it with the ROM split between the heap and linearAlloc'd memory but we decided to just hold off until we can get access to all the 3DS memory, which *should* be soon we hope.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
GBA doesn't have banks to really split, since any memory can be randomly accessed, so no loading things as needed. We tested it with the ROM split between the heap and linearAlloc'd memory but we decided to just hold off until we can get access to all the 3DS memory, which *should* be soon we hope.

Ah okay, it was just a idea nothing more than it, anyway good luck with it =)

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Are you planning to take advantage of what Foxi was talking about? I wanted to code an emu originally but I was under the impression it'd be a waste of time trying to emulate from scratch given we have some kind of GBA injection/playability in the 3DS.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's great to hear no rush really so many DSi and 3DS games to play, GBA emulator is pretty much for nostalgia.

Any chance you guys can look into optimizing the emulator to take advantage of the extra CPU cores on the New 3DS and maybe somehow find out if the GPU core speed has been increased on the New 3DS and also optimize the emulator for the increased GPU speed and VRAM on the New 3DS if applicable?

Thanks in advance and great work so far,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up