3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm amazed, really- people have already ripped music from the 3DS! Check out the latest videos of GilvaSunner, formerly known as TimmyTurnersDad on YouTube.

How did he rip that? We can only get the videos from online and it seems like he has already ripped 3DS games and their music. Asking now.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sausage Head said:
I have a cable that can connect the DS output (microphone slot) to a computers Audio in- and output.
That's how I rip music most of the times.
And here I thought it was something that could work. But that can't explain the HD quality, as quality is somewhat lowered when using the headphone jack (and to some extent, it's better).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Sausage Head said:
I have a cable that can connect the DS output (microphone slot) to a computers Audio in- and output.
And here I thought it was something that could work. But that can't explain the HD quality, as quality is somewhat lowered when using the headphone jack (and to some extent, it's better).
If you're using onboard sound, they tend to have crappy recording quality.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Sausage Head said:
Exactly. The only idea that can be achieved in HD is using an external device to render the music. Because the speakers always suck and so does the headphone jack.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Sausage Head said:
Given that he has music from the 3DS Firmware itself, it's almost assuredly 3DS headphone -> PC mic/line in.

Unless he destroyed his 3DS...
I suppose it would be possible he took off the case and has a wired connection to the speaker ports to something that can keep it a digital signal and "records" from that.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh! Sounds like it couldn't be recorded from the headphone slot to me. Try it with your DS, you can get pretty decent quality from digital to analog to digital recordings.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BortzANATOR said:
So how long till we start seeing .3DS roms?
Around the time when the guy behind Lamefuck dies.

Not sure, if we had a 3DS cart, we could wire the ROM storage to a USB port. But that's a one-time use, but we could get a ROM.

Won't do us any good without the decryption key. It's not a rar archive.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Rydian said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Sausage Head said:
Exactly. The only idea that can be achieved in HD is using an external device to render the music. Because the speakers always suck and so does the headphone jack.
No, I'm talking about your computer's recording quality...

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Rydian said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Sausage Head said:
No, I'm talking about your computer's recording quality...
Oh. Well, I'm not so sure about the soundcard that I have, but I paid about $60 for it. I just need one that was decent, and it runs ASIO4ALL quite nicely at 2048kbps. It's a good HD card. I think Mr. Sausage has a better one, imo.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Rydian said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Sausage Head said:

Not sure what you mean by HD.... Basically as long as you have some kind of external sound card you can easily get this quality of music out of a DS just through the headphone jack.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not everybody is limited to an onboard codec.

I myself have an 150€ soundcard and the recording quality is very good.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It wouldn't surprise me if the 3DS uses the same file structure as the DS or Wii, so if someone were to rip a ROM, might not be difficult to get music playing.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Not sure, if we had a 3DS cart, we could wire the ROM storage to a USB port. But that's a one-time use, but we could get a ROM.

Won't do us any good without the decryption key. It's not a rar archive.

You can buy a ds-card slot for ~10€ and cut a little part away then you can use them often.

ADD: Well it is not that easy to read the rom you have to do more. If your to slow the card will forget the read command and so on. I think at the ds Cards the usb 1.1 speed was to slow.

ADD2: it is unknown if the roms are encrypted

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay I just tried the mic method, and I swear this recording sounds a hell of a lot better than the actual game does on my DSi.
tongue.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?6re8jv42v4h18tx

Trajectile is DSiware.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilvaGunner doesn't record their own music, anyway, does (s)he? I was under the impression (s)he collected music from the Internet and posted it.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would love to have the 3d demo-video from update[the eur version if its different] that is a cool chill-type one
biggrin.gif

anw, ripping music is old, i mean if u've seen the japanese 3ds first-try on gamespot, the camera man himself kept switching between the 3ds' with the in-line audio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all