Homebrew 3DS Piano Homebrew

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The homebrew Piano app! Makes use of the 3DS's touch screen so you can play the piano!

Current Features
  • Glissando (Slide that stylus all around!)
  • Staccato (Just do a quick tap of a key and it will play a short note)
  • Three octaves!
    • The center octave is always the octave that first loads when you start the homebrew
    • Press Left to go down an octave
    • Press Right to go up an octave
    • Shows which octave you are on at the bottom left of the top screen.

With all that said, here's the links!
Download (3dsx and Source): https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3fsjzyp7jl3q4p/Piano.zip?dl=0

Video Preview: (Thanks DarkFlare69 !!)

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I'll definetelt try this out when I get home. Is there like somgs we can play? (Maybe allow users who are good with c++ to make their own songs and we can download them and put them in sd:\piano or something like that. Seems pretty cool

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No songs to play. I was thinking of adding that, but for now its just a simple piano that goes from C3 to C4 (so a full octave)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Really nice stuff! I'm just starting to learn the piano as we've bought one for our house, and I managed to play my little Twinkle Twinkle Little Star song I've been practicing perfectly fine on here. :P

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it and it's really fun and well done. Do you think that maybe you can make the note hold and fade out instead of making an irritating stop as soon as you change key? I dunno how you'd be able to do it but, in the next update, could you work that out? (Insisting if there is ever another update. :ha:)

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it and it's really fun and well done. Do you think that maybe you can make the note hold and fade out instead of making an irritating stop as soon as you change key? I dunno how you'd be able to do it but, in the next update, could you work that out? (Insisting if there is ever another update. :ha:)
Actually, the way it is most resembles a piano. When you press a note quickly, it has a short sound, when you hold it, it plays until you let go of the note.

Now adding a sustain pedal would be different, which is I think what you are thinking of. I'm not sure how to do that because I don't know how to make it play two sounds at once, so currently when one sound is playing and you go to a new note, the first one stops right away and the new note starts.

And I will say, thank you to everyone who does like it! There will be another update once I figure out what all I want to add. I tend to try to add everything I would like in it all at once, so it might be some time before an update comes out, but there will be one.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it still doesn't work, update to 1.1b or reinstall, but you shouldn't have to because there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)