• Views 4,461,386
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have dug in the old SD files for quite a long time cuz I know that MHXX saves the data in "exdata" attempting to extract the save file manually in my PC, but all I can find is four different files named 0000001, 00000002, 00000003, 000000004 in the game ID´s folder inside "exdata". Those crash everytime I replace them with my newer 3ds same name files. Everything tells me that´s the save yes, but due to not being able to run the sd in any 3ds in order to extract the "system" and "system_backup" from the game using JKSV or Savefiler I can´t do anything. Does anyone know?
The files on your SD card are encrypted. You need to use ninfs (formerly fuse-3DS) on your PC to decrypt them, and then unpack them using 3ds-save-tool.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks a lot!

I've seen .cia files with a separate update file so I didn't have a clue! Is there a guide for converting with godmode9?
I know I installed it with the guide but I can't even see it on my 3ds.
You start GodMode9 by holding start while turning on the console. Put your .3DS file(s) into a location you can find easily (I chose SD:/gm9/in for the example/screenshots). The button (A) is used to confirm while (B) is to cancel.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

PsychoBabble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Thanks a lot for the screenshots!

I actually managed to convert earlier using a guide on this site but the screen's small so it was difficult (your pics can be zoomed in on).

The updates seem to install automatically with a .cia game file but the dlc.cia I have for 1 game I've not tried to install yet due to no room on my SD card.

I assume the dlc installs along with the game... or do I install it afterwards?

Ppl on this site are so helpful! What a refreshing change.

okomarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I need your help on something.
I was hacking my New 3ds using this guide: 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(safeb9sinstaller) And I reached the point where I have to launch safehax, the problem is, no matter how many times I try, it always ends up with a black screen. I have done everything correctly so far. Thank you!

Gangu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I need your help on something.
I was hacking my New 3ds using this guide: 3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(safeb9sinstaller) And I reached the point where I have to launch safehax, the problem is, no matter how many times I try, it always ends up with a black screen. I have done everything correctly so far. Thank you!
which method were you using in the guide?

okomarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which method were you using in the guide?
The SoundHax one, I've got a New 3Ds 11.3.0.36E.
All goes well until the Safehax part
Btw, please not that the device is already hacked by the same method, but my SD got corrupted and I had to use another one to redo the hack

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The SoundHax one, I've got a New 3Ds 11.3.0.36E.
All goes well until the Safehax part
Btw, please not that the device is already hacked by the same method, but my SD got corrupted and I had to use another one to redo the hack
Cfw IS NOT wrote to the sd card. Its to the internal guts of the console itself. You need to do the finalizing steps of the guide, not the whole thing again. The sd card provides the file needed to boot the console. And yes ctrnand is also another spot the boot payload is recommended to be placed at aswell.

okomarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cfw IS NOT wrote to the sd card. Its to the internal guts of the console itself. You need to do the finalizing steps of the guide, not the whole thing again. The sd card provides the file needed to boot the console. And yes ctrnand is also another spot the boot payload is recommended to be placed at aswell.

Alright, I will redo the final part only, thank you so much! I will update you when done

okomarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, since I'm starting from the finalizing part in the guide, how do I access the EmuNand? in the settings I'm still on SysNand apparently (Sys 11.3.0.36E)

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hold select at boot. And write here which Version you have

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should look like this...

Attachments