3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Your card is either fake or failing. Check my signature for a replacement cards. Always check with H2testw before using.

And try not to rely on tutorial videos.

2. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Hello.

This may be a noob question,m but it's actually pretty legit.

I'm going to try and B9S an 11.6 system using the multi guide (my own already CFW 3DS in order to CFW his 3DS)
    I see the picture of compatible flashcarts (5th cart, first row). I see mine listing (although I thought). It's a tad different on the flashcart.
    It is the original R4, but the site is not listed on the cart (in the picture it shows the site on the cart).
    So I'm a little worried that my flashcart is not compatible.

Will this flashcart work?
    Thanks in advance.

My flashcart:

Attached Files:

Last edited by thekarter104, Apr 25, 2019
  3. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Is this really an original R4? Wow! I don' think this will work (can the cart firmware even upgraded?). Here is an even larger list of compatible devices. The 5th cart on the picture from 3ds.hacks.guide is an "R4i (Ultra)".
    • Unless the DS(i) mode is broken, you can just update the system to 11.9 and use the Fredminer method.
    • In case you have to use ntrboot: How about getting the preflashed R4i Gold 3DS Plus?

4. razenxd

razenxd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Greece
    Hello,

Today my N2DS XL, arrived on the box.
    It's a used in perfect condition and my best bet its that is updated on 11.9.0-42
    Wanna use that console for mainly playing backup games
    I don't have any access to any flashcard or any hacked 3ds.
    What is the best way to achieve it?
    I already took a look on 3ds.guide and for latest version there seems to be something that not require soldering/FC/another hacked cosnole.
    Is that the best shot I have?
    Also if console is not on latest firmware i just proceed to install it and then cfw my console right?(I know its pretty much obvious that it works that way but really i feel like i got to ask)

5. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    if its not a eur verion 3ds. you do have fredminer to look at wuth using a gree dsiware game.

6. razenxd

razenxd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Greece
    Console bought on greece afaik.
    so it must be eur n2ds xl

7. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    fredminer could still possibly be done. It just would need a dsiware game purchased.

razenxd likes this.
  8. razenxd

razenxd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Greece
    Just watched a video on youtube with fredminer
    the guy posted it used the free Nintendo fan network app and proceeds to install luma3ds cfw.
    so i guess its the one i should follow

9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Stay away from sthetix video, he is notorious for making misinformation video, a lot of people followed his video and stuffs doesn't work.

10. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Never follow video guides. They are really quick outdated. Follow this holy grail here ;)

razenxd likes this.
  11. razenxd

razenxd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Greece
    My console came with the 11.8.0-41E firmware, will update to latest and will go for the steelhax/frogminer option found on 3ds.hacks.guide
    Thanks

12. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    I've been trying to use the Real-Time Saves on NTR CFW, but each and every time I try, it just gives me this error.
    VRAM failed: c86044d2

I'm on Sys 11.9.0-42U and this is a New model.

13. Zack1770

Zack1770 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Venezuela
    Well, guys, this is my problem, and I can't update luma. The thing is that I can reuse my 3ds after a while, the sd card I used before no longer works so I'm using a new one with nothing inside, whatever, when I turn it on it seems to have the FBI injected into the home menu then I install the luma update cia but does not let me update because an error occurred.
    Looking a little I see that I have a boot.firm file in the ctrnand that I'm not sure if it's the Luma I'm using, in the data shown in luma update says that I have the version of luma 7.1 and I'm using sighax.

As I said I don't have anything on the sd so that's my problem, I don't know what to do, I tried to put the godmode9 files on the card but just won't open. I'm in version 11.5.0-38U by the way.

14. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    You need one in the root of your sd card ;)
    Download the latest from here.

15. Zack1770

Zack1770 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Venezuela
    now it my 3ds doesnt turn on

16. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    What did you do?

17. Zack1770

Zack1770 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Venezuela
    i put the new boot.firm on my sd root, now when i press the on button the blue light appear for a moment then turn off

18. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
  19. Zack1770

Zack1770 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Venezuela
    probably not, as i said it seems like i have sighax because luma update told me, so when i try the guide, i cant find a way to start godmode9 even following all instructions

20. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Godmode9.firm in /luma/payloads folder?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted