• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Pleieruon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Again, with most power banks the stated amount isn't the output voltage. The output voltage is variable. The quoted amount is the Maximum it can output, however if less is needed it outputs less.

That's what thought, devices should be protected from this kind of problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

While the symptom is the same, the cause is different. They sent power down a port not even designed for power, that is directly wired into the NAND.
Exactly, I didn't make any hardmod on mine.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what thought, devices should be protected from this kind of problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Exactly, I didn't make any hardmod on mine.

Hard mod or not it doesn't matter, voltage difference is possible to damage the emmc because that control register to the nand and sd slot. In the case of Laptop if you use charger voltage output is higher or lower than what the laptop wants , there is the high chance of frying the motherboard.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Pleieruon

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but it seems like I'm in quite the situation here. I have a 11.7-40U O3DS that possibly may have AL9H. It may sound a little strange, silly even, but iirc, it did had AL9H+Luma when it was on 11.4. Everything was working fine until one day, when my brother decided to do a System Transfer from my CFW O3DS to his OFW N3DS, because I had to move to the other side of the country and what not. After the System transfer was done, I assumed everything would work out at least alright, but that's not the case. Apparently Luma3DS was "removed" from my O3DS. I tried holding Start, and holding select, but it wouldn't boot up to the Luma chainloader or Godmode9. That, and pretty much all of my homebrew stuff is pretty much gone.

I wanted to re-install CFW to my O3DS again, and read the A9LH to B9S guide, but I don't know if it's even possible for me, considering that I don't really have access to the chainloader and whatnot. I also plan on doing the Seedminer method as well. Any help is appreciated, because I'm quite in messy situation..
A9LH can't be removed by system transfer. Try putting arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 on your SD card and boot up, see what happens. If you don't have a config file in a folder called luma on your SD card you should get the config menu when you boot up regardless of holding Select. If you don't see the menu, you may have arm9loaderhax.bin and config on CTR-NAND. In that case try downloading GodMode9 and putting the bin file on the root and calling it arm9loaderhax.bin and the firm file on your root and calling it boot.firm (just in case you actually have B9S).

Report back on the results in either case.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so my 3ds is screwed I think

First of all Fbi Failed to populate titled List
Result code: 0xD963F806
Level : permanent (27)
Summary Internal (11)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: Parse Failed

Second of all Ntr now gives me:
#Firmware unknown
#Detected firm 2.55.0
Press any key to reboot

Lastly Twloader now crashes my 3ds with the an exception occurred error

I keep on getting new problems left and right and now I'm starting to think that it's slowly dying from cancer or something

Before you ask I did some research and I think that some of the problems may be that I'm on ver 11.8.0-41U and the fact this is after Feb 22nd
I just want a fix to all of this and now I'm starting to consider just resetting my 3ds
Btw I have a new 3ds xl which I've had for a while and I've had it modded since October of 2017

Oof now Luma updater says Fatal error: failed to obtain required data press start to exit

Yet Freeshop still works Come on...
Update all your homebrew to the latest versions. If that doesn't help, try testing your SD card with H2testw and using a new one if it says there are any problems.

Chevalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH can't be removed by system transfer. Try putting arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 on your SD card and boot up, see what happens. If you don't have a config file in a folder called luma on your SD card you should get the config menu when you boot up regardless of holding Select. If you don't see the menu, you may have arm9loaderhax.bin and config on CTR-NAND. In that case try downloading GodMode9 and putting the bin file on the root and calling it arm9loaderhax.bin and the firm file on your root and calling it boot.firm (just in case you actually have B9S).

Report back on the results in either case.
Thank you for your help, but I'm afraid it's a no-go in both situations. I tried putting arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 release to my root of my SD card, and would boot to 3DS home screen, even when I hold Select. I got the same results when I downloaded GodMode9 and put the bin as "arm9loaderhax.bin."

Last edited by Chevalier,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thank you for your help, but I'm afraid it's a no-go in both situations. I tried putting arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 release to my root of my SD card, and would boot to 3DS home screen, even when I hold Select. I got the same results when I downloaded GodMode9 and put the bin as "arm9loaderhax.bin."
That's not supposed to happen if the only thing done was a system transfer. What happens if you boot without a SD card? Also, did you try putting a boot.firm, as Quantum said?

Chevalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not supposed to happen if the only thing done was a system transfer. What happens if you boot without a SD card? Also, did you try putting a boot.firm, as Quantum said?
It boots up just fine without a SD Card. I got the same result as well when I tried putting boot.firm into the root of the SD Card.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
It boots up just fine without a SD Card. I got the same result as well when I tried putting boot.firm into the root of the SD Card.
Does something happen if you press L + Down + Select (at the same time) while on the Home Menu? Do you have either a arm9loaderhax.bin or a boot.firm file on your CTRNand?

The biggest "concern" right now for me is to know your Luma version.

Chevalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does something happen if you press L + Down + Select (at the same time) while on the Home Menu? Do you have either a arm9loaderhax.bin or a boot.firm file on your CTRNand?

The biggest "concern" right now for me is to know your Luma version.
Nope, nothing happened when I pressed L + Down + Select.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nope, nothing happened when I pressed L + Down + Select.
When you used to have access to CFW, did you see funny colours when you turned on your console?
And if you go to System Settings, what does it say before your firmware string (bottom right corner of the top screen)?

Reactions: NFates

Chevalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you used to have access to CFW, did you see funny colours when you turned on your console?
And if you go to System Settings, what does it say before your firmware string (bottom right corner of the top screen)?
No, I didn't see any colors that were out of the ordinary. It said Ver. with my firmware string. I'm guessing that he did uninstall A9LH before the system transfer, because I remember seeing Sys on the firmware before the transfer happened.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, I didn't see any colors that were out of the ordinary. It said Ver. with my firmware string. I'm guessing that he did uninstall A9LH before the system transfer, because I remember seeing Sys on the firmware before the transfer happened.
In order to do that he would have had to deliberately restore a NAND backup without A9LH with GodMode9 or Decrypt9 and use the unsafe restore option. I don't think that's likely, if he doesn't know a lot about 3DS modding.

I don't know what the answer is but I think either you never had CFW on this console (maybe you're mistaking it for another), or you were using menuhax and forgot about the colours, or you were launching it with the browser and haven't thought to tell us that yet.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
In order to do that he would have had to deliberately restore a NAND backup without A9LH with GodMode9 or Decrypt9 and use the unsafe restore option. I don't think that's likely, if he doesn't know a lot about 3DS modding.

I don't know what the answer is but I think either you never had CFW on this console (maybe you're mistaking it for another), or you were using menuhax and forgot about the colours, or you were launching it with the browser and haven't thought to tell us that yet.

What I'm choosing to believe right now is that his brother didn't know he could perform a system transfer with a hacked console and looked for a guide on how to uninstall CFW.

Chevalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm choosing to believe right now is that his brother didn't know he could perform a system transfer with a hacked console and looked for a guide on how to uninstall CFW.
Yeah that's the only thing I can believe at this point. I don't recall installing Menuhax at all. Thank you guys for the help, and sorry for getting you involved in this mess. I'll try the seedminer method and see how that turns out.

Last edited by Chevalier,

Pleieruon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hard mod or not it doesn't matter, voltage different is possible to damage the emmc because that control register to the nand and sd slot.
Well, as much as I would like to think otherwise, because I use this powerbank with so many devices, such as more than 3 different Bluetooh earbuds and other stuff... I can't think of other reason to this failure due to my good care with the unit.

That's sad. But I will move along. I'm buying another unit with broken display to exchange parts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as much as I would like to think otherwise, because I use this powerbank with so many devices, such as more than 3 different Bluetooh earbuds and other stuff... I can't think of other reason to this failure due to my good care with the unit.

That's sad. But I will move along. I'm buying another unit with a broken display to exchange parts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway.

Probably just buy another unit, not a broken display unit, since teardown still take a lot of work, New 3DS if you get lucky you can get it for like 120. Give the NTRBoot card a try first, before buying a new unit.

Because on the 3DS it says 4.6V and 900mA, and you use something that is 5.1V/2.4A it doesn't mean that you are taking care of the unit, when the voltage applies to the unit is too high or lower than what the voltage regulator can regulate, it put the system in stress, and the eMMC on the motherboard doesn't have a voltage regulator, that is how it get damaged when it come to voltage. In the future for device that has weird voltage/amp requirement stay away from power bank, I have a powerbank that is 10000 mah but I never used it with my 3ds, and use whatever charger it comes with. Standard device charge via usb port at 5V/1A so using a powerbank with those make no difference as if it was plug into the wall with a 5V/1A charger.

Reactions: Pleieruon

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? I’m trying to do the NTRBoot flash and it doesn’t seem to be working correctly.
Here’s a video:

It seems to be stuck in that screen after I click Retail.
Not sure what the issue is. Maybe unsupported flashcart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍 +1