3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Do good, be good. Let's fight injustice together.

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Can I downgrade my 11.5 or 11.6 n3ds with oothax or rpghax?

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    No. You need cfw to do any downgrading at all.

3. Pleieruon

Pleieruon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    Brazil
    Hi folks. I don't know if this is the right place to post but... A few days my Original 3DS gave me a BSOD while I was playing a game, them it never booted again. I've never did hardmod or sort of thing, I've just hacked it using the 3ds.hacks.guide tutorial a year ago. I really don't remember the error message of the first time, but now every time I try to turn it on it gives a BSOD with the error "00f800fe 00000000 00000000 00000400 00000000".

Today I bought a "Dual-Core" R4 Flashcart and tried to boot through it (with the magnet and the ds_ntrboot_flasher_dsi.nds file inside the Flashcart microsd), it change the BSOD error to "02f8f8fe 00000000 00000000 00000200 00000000" but it still doesn't boot. I tested the Flashcart on a 3ds from a friend of mine and it boot to safeb9sinstaller properly.

On Discord, a lad point me to this thread (cantpostlinksyet//gbatemp.net/threads/ntrboot-released.472585/page-29) where @yacepi15 had similar problem. My 3DS was in very good condition, never got wet, never dropped, almost no scratches. The only think I can think as a possible cause of damage is the fact that by the last two months I've been using a Xiaomi Powerbank 2 (fastcharge) to charge the 3ds sometimes. But is really odd the BSOD happen just by now. Note that I was not charging it at the moment of the BSOD crash.

If someone have a clue... I would appreciate any help.

4. Chevalier

Chevalier Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    no
    Hello, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but it seems like I'm in quite the situation here. I have a 11.7-40U O3DS that possibly may have AL9H. It may sound a little strange, silly even, but iirc, it did had AL9H+Luma when it was on 11.4. Everything was working fine until one day, when my brother decided to do a System Transfer from my CFW O3DS to his OFW N3DS, because I had to move to the other side of the country and what not. After the System transfer was done, I assumed everything would work out at least alright, but that's not the case. Apparently Luma3DS was "removed" from my O3DS. I tried holding Start, and holding select, but it wouldn't boot up to the Luma chainloader or Godmode9. That, and pretty much all of my homebrew stuff is pretty much gone.

I wanted to re-install CFW to my O3DS again, and read the A9LH to B9S guide, but I don't know if it's even possible for me, considering that I don't really have access to the chainloader and whatnot. I also plan on doing the Seedminer method as well. Any help is appreciated, because I'm quite in messy situation..

Last edited by Chevalier, Aug 13, 2018
  5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    What is the voltage and amp on the xiaomi powerbank?

6. Pleieruon

Pleieruon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    Brazil
    It says here 5.1v and 2.4A of output. If it was something related to charging, shouldn't the damage occurred earlier?

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Did you use it recently? The Powerbank.

Last edited by Hayato213, Aug 13, 2018
  8. Rayder21
    This message by Rayder21 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 13, 2018, Reason: Can't ask for warez.
    Aug 13, 2018
  9. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably at home.
    -snip-
    Asking for that is against the rules.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Aug 13, 2018 - Reason: Removed deleted post quote
    Hayato213 likes this.
  10. Pleieruon

Pleieruon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    Brazil
    Yes, I've been using it to charge all my mobile devices. On the 3DS I've used a day or two before the BSOD event.

11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Voltage is the probably the culprit here, the 3ds adapter supply 4.6V and 900mA , and the Powerbank you used supply 5.1V, and 2.4A, My guess is that you damaged your eMMC.

12. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    That is the maximum, the power bank can deliver, most detect when less is needed and deliver less. While its not impossible it's the cause, its just as likely it just broke and nothing could have been done or not done that would have prevented it. Things just sometimes break even with normal use. However it is both easy and tempting to blame a specific thing. It's why you see so many X game killed my console, or this new firmware broke my disk drive,etc.

Last edited by spectral, Aug 13, 2018
    Hunter likes this.
  13. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Well the output voltage is higher than what the original charger design was, plugging in something that voltage output is different than what the system was designed for, it would have the chance of damaging internal component or the entire system, in his case he can't access the nand or the SD card if it really eMMC.

14. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    Again, with most power banks the stated amount isn't the output voltage. The output voltage is variable. The quoted amount is the Maximum it can output, however if less is needed it outputs less.

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    That I understand, but if the voltage output suddenly jumped to the highest it can supply, then that how he might have gotten the voltage spike.

16. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    Yeah, thats why I said it is possible, however it is unlikely. If that was the case, power banks would be frying devices left and right as a lot can't handle the max voltage. It also sounds like he was using it quite a lot of a period of time and I would expect it to have broken much sooner than that. Like I said though, it's not impossible, but it is unlikely.

17. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3vq59n/is_it_possible_to_unbrick_this_n3ds_or_is/

His case is similar to this.

Pleieruon likes this.
  18. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    Pleieruon likes this.
  19. Pleieruon

Pleieruon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    Brazil
    That's what thought, devices should be protected from this kind of problem.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Exactly, I didn't make any hardmod on mine.

20. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Hard mod or not it doesn't matter, voltage difference is possible to damage the emmc because that control register to the nand and sd slot. In the case of Laptop if you use charger voltage output is higher or lower than what the laptop wants , there is the high chance of frying the motherboard.

Last edited by Hayato213, Aug 13, 2018
    Pleieruon likes this.
  21. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    A9LH can't be removed by system transfer. Try putting arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 on your SD card and boot up, see what happens. If you don't have a config file in a folder called luma on your SD card you should get the config menu when you boot up regardless of holding Select. If you don't see the menu, you may have arm9loaderhax.bin and config on CTR-NAND. In that case try downloading GodMode9 and putting the bin file on the root and calling it arm9loaderhax.bin and the firm file on your root and calling it boot.firm (just in case you actually have B9S).

Report back on the results in either case.