3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Amapola62

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    I have a question that might be difficult to answer, if one were to download a path of Fire Emblem fates from not very legitimate sources but accessing them from there legitimate cartridge of the opposite path... say downloading conquest but having bought a Birthright cartridge... will they be detected by Nintendo for the wrong ticket for conquest or be fine because Nintendo detects a legitimate cartridge header?...

2. MCHenry22

MCHenry22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Ok, someone helped me with this problem. If anyone is experiencing this issue, just put the SD card on the PC and go into the boot9strap folder in the root. Rename the key.bin file to danger_skip_a9lh (without the .bin part). Then just put back the SD on your console, boot it up and re try launching the sudoku app to install bootstrap.

NOTE; this worked for me like a charm, but do it under your own risk. I'm not sure if I was lucky or if it's really safe

Last edited by MCHenry22, Aug 6, 2018
  3. AwesomeSaucemGuy

AwesomeSaucemGuy GBAtemp Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    Canada
    My friends are looking to to put CFW on their 3DS’s on 11.8 using the seedminer method and are wondering if it’s pretty safe and what precautions they should take to avoid any errors or bad things like a brick or a ban. Any uncertain parts of the process that can give them a risk for their devices?

4. MCHenry22

MCHenry22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Hey! As long as you follow the guide step by step to the letter without skipping anything, the process is super smooth and safe. Still, modding goes at your own risk, but other than a wierd stopper I had (check my post just previous to yours), everything went just fine

AwesomeSaucemGuy likes this.
  5. SuperSonicRacer1

SuperSonicRacer1 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Can installing CFW screw up the 3DS' Camera? The QR Code Scanner works, as does calibrating it via System Settings, but when I just activate the regular camera, I get a black screen that only shows how many more pictures I can take. Is there a way to fix this?

6. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Brazil
    So, here's what I have in my SD card. My question is: Which one of this boot. do I replace when updating to luma 9.1? what is this boot.3dsx? upload_2018-8-6_19-16-22.png

7. Ricken

Ricken They crash around me.

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Can anyone else confirm that GM9 crashes on the latest release when an SD card is unmounted then remounted? I don't want to make an issue over something that's just my SD card or a bad download
    EDIT; I also happen to be using fastboot3DS v1.1-beta, if that would effect anything

Last edited by Ricken, Aug 7, 2018
  8. afra

afra Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Iran
    hi and thanks for great forum . I have a new 3ds XL and some of my ex friends hacked my 3ds . now I don't have access to him and I stickers in hell & I don't even know what method used to hack my system so finally I can update my console .

clue: when I boot my console it will load straight into cfw and no need to do anything about it .
    also I had a luma icon before I accidentally deleted it .

how can I find out what method used and how can I update .

Last edited by afra, Aug 7, 2018
  9. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    turn off your 3ds,
    hold select and turn on your 3ds

you will see Luma Configuration

if you have 7.0.5 or lower. follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
    if you have 7.1 follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s
    if it is higher than 7.1 just update your Luma install https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-luma-updater.471739 for a automated updater
    or https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases the 9.1 release there to update to the newest manually

afra likes this.
  10. Mizat

Mizat Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    United States
    Michigan
    Could anyone help me by that I mean send me a link to a good guide for 11.2? I just was able to fix a broken 2ds old. It works, and don't want to do the seedminer tech on my other 2ds;s witch are 11.7 and 11.8. I'm using this guide for the sound hax https://3ds.hacks.guide/

When I am suppose to Get the boot.firm I isnt anywhere, I'm doing something wrong or the latest version from 8 days ago is different.

Well found a video and another list of steps and links, this one has differnt steps but much of the same stuff, if one tutorial has something the otherone does, or both have extra tools to vitalize, I'm assuming I can add those later. Been to long, actually never used Luma.

Could I system transfer and all my games go with it and if one or 2 smash bros and crystal version were exploited a little lol, will my transfered DS on 11.7 or 11.8 get banned? I know banning just started and not much info, especially with Nintendo doing this, but id anyone has some that would be gret. I have no problem making guides and annylitics, if only I could get specific numbers of people banned when, and the reason nintendo gave or exact breach of terms, and learn what CFW did it, most likley eshop getting opened up, but some people did by other means. IDK wish I knew how toget that info would be happy to make some spread sheets, graphs, excel docs ect. That way figure out chances of being banned for what ect.

Last edited by Mizat, Aug 9, 2018
  11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Follow https://3ds.guide and you'll get CFW and access to homebrew. You can either use ntrboot (requires a DS flashcart) or seedminer (requires buying a DSiWare game on the eShop).

12. afra

afra Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Iran
    thank you sir

13. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    I haven't been in touch with a lot of the 3DS hacking scene lately.
    I would like to know if getting B9S/CFW on an 11.6 New 3DS is possible?

14. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes, you'll need an ntrboot capable flashcart, or update to 11.8 and buy a DSiWare game for seedminer (a bit harder). See https://3ds.guide

15. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You are most likely using A9LH (since you have an arm9loaderhax.bin file - for your and everyone else's sanity, turn on file extensions!), so if you want to use the newer versions of Luma, you must first update to B9S -- https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

Luma IS a cfw (the leading one in popularity, too) for the 3DS -- note that different console scenes use different definitions for the word "cfw"

All cfws are arm9 homebrews (these days, in the .firm format, typically intended for use with Boot9Strap - the .bin and .dat formats are associated with the predecessors of B9S) and you need an entrypoint to run them; the leading one, nowadays, is the just mentioned B9S (which would be a cfw according to the definition formerly commonly used in the PSP world; but few 3DS people would call it such)

Non-arm9 homebrew, including save managers, come in one or both of 2 formats: one is .cia - they install to the home screen like any commercial app; the other is .3dsx - they run by replacing temporarily an installed app.
    The 3dsx format used to be inferior (hackish and unreliable implementation, depending on the hosting app's permissions, 3dsx loader breaking with small changes to the operating system, ...) however Rosalina (a feature of the newer versions of Luma) has done much to redeem them from these issues (at the cost of breaking compatibility with some older 3dsx homebrews), to the point some people prefer to use 3dsx'es only

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

By itself, it can't (at least for modern definitions of "installing cfw" - at various times in history some pretty barbarian methods were involved, still nothing that should directly affect the camera)

Can you use the camera(s) facing the opposite direction?
    What happens if you try a 3D photo (if the issue is with the outer ones)?
    Does it work in 3DS games? What about in DSi ones?

16. Pokem

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    I saw a few R4 SDHC so just wondering if this one would work
    https://imgur.com/gallery/GfOfiUx

17. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  18. Pokem

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    I’ll give it a try later

19. teelo

teelo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2017
    New Zealand
    Haven't used my 3DS in a while. Already have CFW installed, on 11.6.0-39E. Anything I should do before I update to keep the CFW going and/or keep from getting banned?

I pirated USUM a while ago, but never patched it. Did "we" ever figure out if that USUM patch was what was getting people banned? Not banned from Nintendo Network and would like to keep it that way, so will just not use USUM if thats the cause.

20. Rayder21

Rayder21 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Will you be able to play online with games installed through google or fbi since you can get banned using the ones via freeshop