• Likes 43

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nds-card.com
I 'specifically' said not that website from the guide. They are not answering my messages and someone has been waiting over 2 months now and didn't get his flashcarts and they won't answer him aswell.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I ordered my aforementioned card from 3ds-flashcard about a week ago. It only took a few days to receive.
Thanks, i'll see if they ship to Canada.

Reactions: Uumas

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered my aforementioned card from 3ds-flashcard about a week ago. It only took a few days to receive.
Wait, there's no option to purchase with credit card or anything? The whole transaction through paypal seems very shady, plus I don't own a Paypal account...
Anyone else have suggestion to where they got their flashcarts from?

Edit: well, looks like both website use the same method of payment... never did that before, I assume it's pretty safe since Paypal is used for trade?
Edit #2: @Dagstar did you say anything in the paypal message? Sorry, I'm not familiar with these trades.

Last edited by Murlocking,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wait, there's no option to purchase with credit card or anything? The whole transaction through paypal seems very shady, plus I don't own a Paypal account...

Edit: well, looks like both website use the same method of payment... never did that before, I assume it's pretty safe since Paypal is used for trade?
Edit #2: @Dagstar did you say anything in the paypal message? Sorry, I'm not familiar with these trades.
Paypal is safer than using a credit card directly. You can are a claim to PayPal if you don't get your stuff and get a refund, and if not successful with PayPal you can try a chargeback with the credit card used to fund the purchase, so you get two bites at the cherry. Basically any business that lets you use PayPal is automatically more trustworthy than one that doesn't because you get so many opportunities for a refund if you are at all unhappy.

Reactions: Murlocking

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Paypal is safer than using a credit card directly. You can are a claim to PayPal if you don't get your stuff and get a refund, and if not successful with PayPal you can try a chargeback with the credit card used to fund the purchase, so you get two bites at the cherry. Basically any business that lets you use PayPal is automatically more trustworthy than one that doesn't because you get so many opportunities for a refund if you are at all unhappy.

Ok, thanks bro. Have you personally ordered from one of the 2 websites they recommended? I'm not sure if I should include anything in that Paypal message.
Also, can't access my Paypal account... great time! Tried to call them and they are close... :D
Everything is going FINE !

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, thanks bro. Have you personally ordered from one of the 2 websites they recommended? I'm not sure if I should include anything in that Paypal message.
Also, can't access my Paypal account... great time! Tried to call them and they are close... :D
Everything is going FINE !
I haven't actually myself but loads of people have. Do a google search with site:gbatemp.net nds-card.com and you'll see many threads on the topic

Reactions: Murlocking

Ericlered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Ok so as a Noob I figured this might be the best place for this question, sorry if it seems a stupid one...

I have just purchased a new 2DS XL and would like to install B9S and Luma etc on it. The 3DS guide looks very good and I will try and follow that.

My question is this... if I were to want or need to factory reset the unit back to it's original state, first of all can this be done, and secondly, do I need to take actions to prepare for this now, BEFORE following the 3DS guide?

Thanks!

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! Ok so as a Noob I figured this might be the best place for this question, sorry if it seems a stupid one...

I have just purchased a new 2DS XL and would like to install B9S and Luma etc on it. The 3DS guide looks very good and I will try and follow that.

My question is this... if I were to want or need to factory reset the unit back to it's original state, first of all can this be done, and secondly, do I need to take actions to prepare for this now, BEFORE following the 3DS guide?

Thanks!

There's a guide for uninstalling CFW. For preparations; if you plan to installing games from Freesshop, I would suggest getting a bigger SD-card, if you haven't already got one. The B9S and Luma together with games will be installed on the SD-card slot that is integrated in the N2DSXL console.

Ericlered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a guide for uninstalling CFW. For preparations; if you plan to installing games from Freesshop, I would suggest getting a bigger SD-card, if you haven't already got one. The B9S and Luma together with games will be installed on the SD-card slot that is integrated in the N2DSXL console.
Thanks, do you mean the SD card that goes in the 2DS itself? Oh yeah course you do, so this is where the games are stored. What's the recommended size for a 2DS 64gb? 128gb? Or is this overkill? Thanks

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, do you mean the SD card that goes in the 2DS itself? Oh yeah course you do, so this is where the games are stored. What's the recommended size for a 2DS 64gb? 128gb? Or is this overkill? Thanks

Don't go over 32GB as it tend to be slower with loading time, I can't speak alot on 3DS speed but for my PSP it's a killer.
Also, I think he meant internal memory, I think i read somewhere that the N2DS/N3DS have a MicroSD card used for internal memory and you can only access it by unscrewing the console.

I might also be completely wrong! :D

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes the sd inside the 2ds.
It depends on how many games you want to have installed at once. 16gb will do if you're okay only having a few games installed at once, 32gb will be fine unless you want to have over 8 big or 15-25 smaller games at once, 64gb is enough unless you want basically every single game ever released installed at once and 128gb is enough in any situation really.

Ericlered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't go over 32GB as it tend to be slower with loading time, I can't speak alot on 3DS speed but for my PSP it's a killer.
Also, I think he meant internal memory, I think i read somewhere that the N2DS/N3DS have a MicroSD card used for internal memory and you can only access it by unscrewing the console.

Thanks, so when you say 32gb, do you mean the one that goes into the flashcart or the one for the internal memory? The 2DS SD card can be accessed under a flap at the bottom (the 3DS needs unscrewing I think) So the games are installed onto the internal memory?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

There's nothing wrong with going over 32gb, The card just needs to be formatted as fat32. And there's no internal memory as card in 3ds. New 3ds (XL) have the sd under the screws but it's still not internal memory.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks, so when you say 32gb, do you mean the one that goes into the flashcart or the one for the internal memory? The 2DS SD card can be accessed under a flap at the bottom (the 3DS needs unscrewing I think) So the games are installed onto the internal memory?
Games are on the sd inside your 2ds. The flashcard is only used for old ds games.

Ericlered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes the sd inside the 2ds.
It depends on how many games you want to have installed at once. 16gb will do if you're okay only having a few games installed at once, 32gb will be fine unless you want to have over 8 big or 15-25 smaller games at once, 64gb is enough unless you want basically every single game ever released installed at once and 128gb is enough in any situation really.
Thanks! Will there be any speed issues with the larger cards? Can games be uninstalled to free up space? Also once the whole CFW set up is complete, do I still need the flashcart/sd to play 3ds games installed on the unit? Thank you again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Games are on the sd inside your 2ds. The flashcard is only used for old ds games.
Thanks

Dagstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry for the late reply. No, I didn't say anything. They give instructions on how to make the paypal payment when you go to purchase (basically sending a gift payment). If I had to guess, they do it this way to avoid being seen as a business, perhaps there's fees or taxes involved if they went that route. They (3DS-flash) got back to me within a few hours saying my order was in preparation and again the next day saying it was in transit.

Last edited by Dagstar,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks!
1. Will there be any speed issues with the larger cards?
2. Can games be uninstalled to free up space?
3. Also once the whole CFW set up is complete, do I still need the flashcart/sd to play 3ds games installed on the unit? Thank you again

1. I haven't heard of any
2. Yes
3. No. It's only needed for initial installation.

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's nothing wrong with going over 32gb, The card just needs to be formatted as fat32. And there's no internal memory as card in 3ds. New 3ds (XL) have the sd under the screws but it's still not internal memory.

Yeah... not sure where I read that from so I can't link you to that...

Just looked at the N3DS and N3DSXL, didn't know they switched to MicroSD. People using wrong words to describe things probably got me confused there.
Looks annoying to work with... I hate screws.

@Dagstar Cool, I just got reply from nds-card saying I should order in the next 20 hours or they won't be able to ship until 21st February.
I have not gotten a reply from 3ds-flashcard yet.. so I might just go with the sponsor. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by Murlocking,

Ericlered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. I haven't heard of any
2. Yes
3. No. It's only needed for initial installation.
Again, thank you.

Also just to clarify my original question before I got into the SD card thing, in order to factory reset my new 2DS XL after CFW is installed, would I first need to uninstall the CFW?

Cheers

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Again, thank you.

Also just to clarify my original question before I got into the SD card thing, in order to factory reset my new 2DS XL after CFW is installed, would I first need to uninstall the CFW?

Cheers
No, just factory reset normally, no extra steps required.

LiLCruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem with my old 3ds xl that is on 6.3.0 finish doing Section IV - Configuring Luma3DS but i get 3 blank black tiles on the home menu why? looked in system memory and sd no titles installed at all.
IMG_20180207_133044.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle