• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
So pls how do you download pirated games on your gateway cartridge (no freeshop)and what do i need to make those games work

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So pls how do you download pirated games on your gateway cartridge (no freeshop)and what do i need to make those games work
I don't know much about gateway, but I know the roms will be in .3ds format.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I'm on ofw 8.1 and wanna get to cfw 11.5 without going to to 11.6 how can I do it if I can't how can i get cfw on 11.6 with free shop etc
Are you on o3DS or n3DS? On o3DS it's significantly easier.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If I'm on ofw 8.1 and wanna get to cfw 11.5 without going to to 11.6 how can I do it if I can't how can i get cfw on 11.6 with free shop etc
Just follow the guide. https://3ds.guide

Download games in .3ds file format and put them on your Gateway cart's microSD. When in Gateway mode press Select in the home menu to bring up the Gateway menu.

SRCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you

I am trying to play Pokemon Y, and I've been getting this message about a generic error, process ID: 42, process name: kujira-2. I just followed all the steps in the guide then went to a website and I used code reader in FBI to install the game.

MKP0

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Got a R4 SDHC RTS Lite 2017. Ive got the right firmware on the 16GB micro sd card and insert it into the 3dsxl but no icon comes up to select and use the r4 card. No idea what happened. worked the first time.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yea, lots of different colors and a Dos like screen with numbers and texts before it loads to a menu where i can choose to load ReiNand
Boot to sysnand (if you don't know how take your sd out and boot it, then insert the sd. Then change theme to disable menuhax. Then follow 3ds.guide. Do the move emunand section when the guide tells you to.

Kuresu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah you're using Menuhacks. You'll need to remove it before installing CFW. What Firmware is you console on?

My original part of the NEW3DS when not loading into ReiNAND is Ver. 9.2.0-20E

Check the root of your SD card. I there is a file called (without quotes) 'arm9loaderhax.bin' follow 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

I don't have that specific file on the root of my SDcard, but i do have a folder called arm9payloads if that helps!

Also thanks guys for helping me in the right direction!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
My original part of the NEW3DS when not loading into ReiNAND is Ver. 9.2.0-20E

I don't have that specific file on the root of my SDcard, but i do have a folder called arm9payloads if that helps!

Also thanks guys for helping me in the right direction!
Boot your console without the SD card, then put it in, then change the theme (this removes menuhax), then follow https://3ds.guide

Xe-rom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all!

So uh, I have one problem that kinda ends being two separate ones.

A couple of days ago, I was doing freeshop's sleep mode download on my friends 3DS when it decides to break, thus giving me an exception page with ARM11 being the cause.
I then made a nand backup of that state and I did a 11.5 CTR transfer and I get a "Failed to get the CTRNAND FIRM" error.
Did a NAND restore and I get the same ARM11 exception screen.

I'd upload a dmp file but gbatemp won't let me

Specs: Old 3DS XL
B9S 1.3 and Luma3DS 8.1.1

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all!

So uh, I have one problem that kinda ends being two separate ones.

A couple of days ago, I was doing freeshop's sleep mode download on my friends 3DS when it decides to break, thus giving me an exception page with ARM11 being the cause.
I then made a nand backup of that state and I did a 11.5 CTR transfer and I get a "Failed to get the CTRNAND FIRM" error.
Did a NAND restore and I get the same ARM11 exception screen.

I'd upload a dmp file but gbatemp won't let me

Specs: Old 3DS XL
B9S 1.3 and Luma3DS 8.1.1
Try deleting home menu extdata. See https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting for details.

Belmont012

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I am confused
I already install cfw on my N3DS XL using 3ds.guide. My firmware when installing cfw is "11.0.0"
It says there on "Finalizing Setup" - "Section II - Updating the System" to update my system. So my 3ds will be updated to "11.6.0-39U" that is the latest firmware.
In the guide Update System first before going to the part creating SysNAND backup. Is my backup firmware will be the "11.0.0" or the updated firmware "11.6.0"?
What if I want to go back to OFW and want to install CFW again but my firmware is "11.6.0" (when I return to OFW or restore SysNAND backup, my firmware will be latest?) since I updated my 3ds using the guide? Can I go back to 11.0.0 to install CFW again because from "9.0.0 to 11.3.0" you can just use "Soundhax" (the one that I used) compare to newer firmware where it is hard to install and requires something difficult.
Thank you so much!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
nothing happened after that. Black screen. Did nand restore again and i get the CTRNAND Firm error (probably shouldn't have done that tho)
Try a CTR transfer using Decrypt9

Hello. I am confused
I already install cfw on my N3DS XL using 3ds.guide. My firmware when installing cfw is "11.0.0"
It says there on "Finalizing Setup" - "Section II - Updating the System" to update my system. So my 3ds will be updated to "11.6.0-39U" that is the latest firmware.
In the guide Update System first before going to the part creating SysNAND backup. Is my backup firmware will be the "11.0.0" or the updated firmware "11.6.0"?
What if I want to go back to OFW and want to install CFW again but my firmware is "11.6.0" (when I return to OFW or restore SysNAND backup, my firmware will be latest?) since I updated my 3ds using the guide? Can I go back to 11.0.0 to install CFW again because from "9.0.0 to 11.3.0" you can just use "Soundhax" (the one that I used) compare to newer firmware where it is hard to install and requires something difficult.
Thank you so much!
If you make the backup when you're on 11.6 then the backup will be of 11.6. It isn't recommended to uninstall CFW after installing it (if you install anything that requires CFW to run and you uninstall CFW your console may not boot or will crash) so I wouldn't worry about that.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am confused
Thank you so much!
Yeah, no reason to re-install/uninstall cfw. UPDATES ARE SAFE, THEY WILL NOT BREAK CFW.

Kuresu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys, so started the process, but i'm stuck.

Whenever i try to load the mp4 file from the 3ds guide, in 3DS sound app, it says that the system has crashed and must restart the 3DS. But it never boots into homebrew launcher, just the regular 3ds menu.

Any ideas?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey guys, so started the process, but i'm stuck.

Whenever i try to load the mp4 file from the 3ds guide, in 3DS sound app, it says that the system has crashed and must restart the 3DS. But it never boots into homebrew launcher, just the regular 3ds menu.

Any ideas?
Make sure you're not getting the colored screens on boot. If you're change theme, if you're not try redownloading the sound file, otherapp.bin and starter kit.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why won't freeshop work on 3DS systems that have been hacked via NH2 or related methods("related" includes soundhax, Menuhax, basehax and OOT3Dhax) at all?
You need to install custom firmware to get it working. Those methods can just load Homebrew but not install anything.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whats the difference between the following game versions:

fire emblem fates

Fire emblem fates conquest

fire emblem fates birthright.

I am aware (if im not mistaken) that conq and birthright is a different storyline in the start. But what exactly is "fates"then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44