• Likes 43

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S
I'm trying to remove ntrboot from my flashcart (R4i GOLD 3DS RTS) by following 3ds.guide.

The issue is that I have tried all 3 Hardware Revision (5,6,7) Flashrom for R4i Gold 3DS RTS but non seems to be working.
What am I missing? Once I flashed with each of the flashrom, the icon for the flashcart still appear on the main menu, it just went to a blank dark screen once I clicked the icon.

Attached here is the actual image of my flashcart.
View attachment 104521
View attachment 104522

Which version of flashrom should I try to flash again?
o3ds here, 11.6 with Luma.
Sure it's not a problem with the cart itself? Check the MD5 of the downloaded files to see if they are correct. If not, I can try to send you my backup over pm.

Chetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi hi fellas, Can i ask you for information? Does this r4 work for ntrboot?

j2n1tv21cgvz.jpg

whykimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
S

Sure it's not a problem with the cart itself? Check the MD5 of the downloaded files to see if they are correct. If not, I can try to send you my backup over pm.

The flashcart worked before I use it for ntrboot.

How do I check the MD5 of the dowloaded files?

Really appreciate the offer, would love to try your backup as well. Thanks a lot!

BrineBlade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the guide a bit, but is it possible to install b9s using Homebrew Launcher (oot3dhax entrypoint) on 11.6?

Last edited by BrineBlade,

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to acquire a N3DS XL with Luma CFW installed. At least, that's what the eBay seller claimed; I'm inclined to believe it as I got Godmode to work without incident and I have been able to dump my 3DS cartridges to installable CIAs with it. I have even messed around a bit with Retroarch. Everything seems to be in order.

The system settings menu is showing that I am on firmware Sys 11.5.0-38U.

I am also being prompted to update my system software. I do recall, when using soundhax to update my old 3DS, having to do a system update at one point as part of the process but as I am not following a hacking instruction set now I am somewhat nervous. I have been declining the update thus far. Will installing the system update override the Luma CFW and revert to an unhackable "official" 3DS firmware, or will Luma stay around once installed even if I apply an update?

Yes, this is a n00b question, because I am very much an amateur at 3DS hacking.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I managed to acquire a N3DS XL with Luma CFW installed. At least, that's what the eBay seller claimed; I'm inclined to believe it as I got Godmode to work without incident and I have been able to dump my 3DS cartridges to installable CIAs with it. I have even messed around a bit with Retroarch. Everything seems to be in order.

The system settings menu is showing that I am on firmware Sys 11.5.0-38U.

I am also being prompted to update my system software. I do recall, when using soundhax to update my old 3DS, having to do a system update at one point as part of the process but as I am not following a hacking instruction set now I am somewhat nervous. I have been declining the update thus far. Will installing the system update override the Luma CFW and revert to an unhackable "official" 3DS firmware, or will Luma stay around once installed even if I apply an update?

Yes, this is a n00b question, because I am very much an amateur at 3DS hacking.
Just install it. It'll keep Luma.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flashcart worked before I use it for ntrboot.

How do I check the MD5 of the dowloaded files?

Really appreciate the offer, would love to try your backup as well. Thanks a lot!
Oh, I don't know how to do it on Windows, but maybe it's the same as mac. Download two copies of the same backup, then (at least on mac) cd to the current directory and run
Code:
md5 backup.bin
It'll give you a long string of numbers and letters. Redownload and do the same. If they match, the backups weren't corrupted while "in transit," if they don't, redownload a third time, and try that for your flashcart.
If all else fails, I'll send you my backup over pm.

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide https://3ds.guide/, but I also want to play DS games. What's the best method? What's the best flashcard for that?

There's TWLoader, but the game compatibility is limited. The most popular flashcart is the r4i gold rts.

How safe is it to go online with the 3DS generally? Do I need to sign up like XBL or PSN? What are the dos and don'ts?

Also some of my games say there is an update available, is it safe to update?

It's safe to go online and update games. It's suggested that you turn off sending information to nintendo via spotpass, and the feature where your friends can see your online status.

Last edited by PossiblyOne,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How safe is it to go online with the 3DS generally? Do I need to sign up like XBL or PSN? What are the dos and don'ts?

Also some of my games say there is an update available, is it safe to update?

nds-card.com Here is the exact link.

Edit: Didn't noticed someone already replied to that question. Ninja'd.

Last edited by PossiblyOne,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How far has MAME development gone on the 3DS?

Also, Does Anemone(the theme manager) work only with Menuhax or is it meant for A9LH-exploited systems?
1. i have no idea about how far the emulator goes
2. it works on all cfw variants but menuhax . . . a9lh . . . dude you need an update A9LH to B9S

Haze898

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my R4i Gold 3DS RTS card and formatted my 32gb sdhc card in fat32, put the two 1.64 wood kernel files in the root of the sd card and put some .nds roms on and it boots up the flashcard perfectly but when I click a game it freezes on white screens for all of them. I've tried looking it up but haven't found much specific help. Am I missing something?

Haze898

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my card, I find it a little weird that it has like ghosting around everything but I mean it starts the ui up fine, games just freeze on a white screen every time when choosing a game.

mjBbHmW_d.jpg

Last edited by Haze898,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol