• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Cooler110033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my system is on 11.4 and I have Luma. I installed following the 3DSguide via soundhax and a9lh a few months ago, before sighax came out and have never updated since.

Can anyone please tell me if it is safe to update my 3DS now, as is, to the latest 11.5 system firmware?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, my system is on 11.4 and I have Luma. I installed following the 3DSguide via soundhax and a9lh a few months ago, before sighax came out and have never updated since.

Can anyone please tell me if it is safe to update my 3DS now, as is, to the latest 11.5 system firmware?
Yes. Update to Luma 7.0.5 if you haven't yet (it isn't the latest version, get it from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases)

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, been out of the loop for a long time.

I have a o3DSXL with 4.5 firmware with Gateway 3DS. EmuNAND is 8.x of some sort the last time I even used it.

Can I keep my base firmware, update the Gateway exploit/firmware, and update EmuNAND to whatever I should? I was reading the Gateway update procedure (the last known one) and it made my head spin.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, been out of the loop for a long time.

I have a o3DSXL with 4.5 firmware with Gateway 3DS. EmuNAND is 8.x of some sort the last time I even used it.

Can I keep my base firmware, update the Gateway exploit/firmware, and update EmuNAND to whatever I should? I was reading the Gateway update procedure (the last known one) and it made my head spin.
Yes you can update with a Poochy and Yoshi rom (hold Up on D-pad when booting into Gateway mode from the Gateway menu to turn off update blocking).

However you would be much better off doing these things in order:
1. Follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ except don't worry about importing the saves to cia games yet. Just backup the JKSM folder to your computer for safe keeping.
2. Follow https://3ds.guide from the beginning and follow the optional "Move emuNAND" section when the option is presented to you.
3. Either convert your 3DS games to cia using GodMode9 (see https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage) or download using freeShop (I added a little tutorial to the OP of the Noob Paradise thread)
4. Finish importing your save games from step 1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible that I can just do QR Code Install, but not do Network Install for the Freeshop tutorial?
The QR code option is inside the Network Install menu item.

Reactions: Majickhat55

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you can update with a Poochy and Yoshi rom (hold Up on D-pad when booting into Gateway mode from the Gateway menu to turn off update blocking).

However you would be much better off doing these things in order:
1. Follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ except don't worry about importing the saves to cia games yet. Just backup the JKSM folder to your computer for safe keeping.
2. Follow https://3ds.guide from the beginning and follow the optional "Move emuNAND" section when the option is presented to you.
3. Either convert your 3DS games to cia using GodMode9 (see https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage) or download using freeShop (I added a little tutorial to the OP of the Noob Paradise thread)
4. Finish importing your save games from step 1.

The QR code option is inside the Network Install menu item.
It is also underneath the Network Install option. Do I do that or go into network install and do it in there?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It is also underneath the Network Install option. Do I do that or go into network install and do it in there?
Just had a look at my own FBI, I made a mistake, it is called Remote Install not Network Install. You might have an outdated version. But that won't matter, wherever the option is it should still work.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is also underneath the Network Install. Do I do that or go into network install and do it in there?
Just had a look at my own FBI, I made a mistake, it is called Remote Install not Network Install. You might have an outdated version. But that won't matter, wherever the option is it should still work.
Ok, cool.

So I just followed the steps and it is working fine. I had the Freeshop, to begin with before I installed it again. The reason I deleted it was because I thought it wasn't updating properly so I reinstalled it. I'm pretty sure it worked but otherwise, everything is fine except for one thing that I've wanted to know for a long time and that's how to update the Freeshop so that I can see new games come in. I'm waiting for games like Miitopia and the new Mario and Luigi game and I don't wanna miss them because I don't know how to update the Freeshop prior to new releases. So, how do you update the Freeshop:D?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, cool.

So I just followed the steps and it is working fine. I had the Freeshop, to begin with before I installed it again. The reason I deleted it was because I thought it wasn't updating properly so I reinstalled it. I'm pretty sure it worked but otherwise, everything is fine except for one thing that I've wanted to know for a long time and that's how to update the Freeshop so that I can see new games come in. I'm waiting for games like Miitopia and the new Mario and Luigi game and I don't wanna miss them because I don't know how to update the Freeshop prior to new releases. So, how do you update the Freeshop:D?
If you scanned the QR code for the enctitlekeys file, new games will come in automatically. But remember it is dependent on someone buying them and uploading the titlekeys, and the cache updating. There's likely to be a minimum one week wait between release and when it appears but that is only if someone buys it and uploads the titlekey immediately. If they don't, a week plus however long it takes for someone to buy it and upload it.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you scanned the QR code for the enctitlekeys file, new games will come in automatically. But remember it is dependent on someone buying them and uploading the titlekeys, and the cache updating. There's likely to be a minimum one week wait between release and when it appears but that is only if someone buys it and uploads the titlekey immediately. If they don't, a week plus however long it takes for someone to buy it and upload it.
So that's how it works. Ok, thanks.

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. Still struggling to make oot3dhax work on my n3DSXL 11.4.0 FW.
I’m using an o3DS with Luma 8.1 to install the hacked save into the game cartridge.
Somehow the sploit_installer is not working when run from the HBL CIA. It says running from that title is not supported.
I have the hacked save files from the oot3dhax package, though, so I thought I could put the right one (EUR) on the game card with JKSM and I did so.
Now I have a save slot on the card named “idleaway*******”.
When I try to load it on the o3DS CFW, after a few moments, the game freezes and an error message (black bottom screen, white text; seems an error from the hax) shows up; apparently the hax is running but fails finding the payload (I haven’t got the one for my o3DS since I don’t care using the exploit on this console).

Then I put the game card into my n3DSXL. I have already put on the SD card the HB starter kit, boot.3dsx (HBL) and the payload for the n3DS FW 11.4.0-37E. Named it “payload.bin”. Also tried with “otherapp.bin”. Also tried the ropbin payload (named “ropbin.bin” and “payload.bin”).
No matter how I name it or whichever version I use (otherapp or ropbin), the end result is the same: when I load the save file, the game freezes after a few seconds (sometimes it may take 10-15 seconds), but then I’m back at home screen with a pop up from the console telling me that something went wrong and the game crashed.
There’s no way I can make the HBL to open :/

May I have some assistance, please?

Last edited by Izeman,

SuiLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The link is the same: https://3ds.guide. Read EVERYTHING, scroll down to select the model of your 3DS, then select hardmod from the table that lists the different stock FW.
It's quite tricky doing the hardmod since it requires some soldering skills. If you're not sure of what you're doing, be warned you may seriously risk breaking your 3DS to the point it will be unrecoverable and given the way eShop purchases and saves work, you'll lose EVERYTHING: your Miis, your Nintendo Network ID, your purchased games (you'll have to re-buy them on a new console), your saves.

Is it right that I need one of the listed games to do the hardmod, no method without it ?

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Is it right that I need one of the listed games to do the hardmod, no method without it ?
The games listed are for the dsiwarehax only.
With hardmod, you connect your 3DS to a PC with a microSD card adapter and use a software on your PC which directly reads the NAND from your 3DS. You don’t need to run anything on the console, thus you don’t need any game.

SuiLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The games listed are for the dsiwarehax only.
With hardmod, you connect your 3DS to a PC with a microSD card adapter and use a software on your PC which directly reads the NAND from your 3DS. You don’t need to run anything on the console, thus you don’t need any game.

Ok, then I have made a wrong turn in the guide...... where do I find the right guide to downgrade an old 3DS ?

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, then I have made a wrong turn in the guide...... where do I find the right guide to downgrade an old 3DS ?
Downgrading is not required anymore. There are hacks working up to 11.3 stock FW.
If you have 11.4 or above, with a hardmod you can directly inject the FW already customized with boot9strap.
But if you’re following the guide I linked, you may be able to inject a b9s-customized FW of whichever version you want by simply selecting the desired version from the table in the hardmod page of the guide.
I still miss the point in flashing an old FW version to the console, since you get b9s installed with this procedure, so why not having the latest FW too?

Last edited by Izeman,

SuiLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Downgrading is not required anymore. There are hacks working up to 11.3 stock FW.
If you have 11.4 or above, with a hardmod you can directly inject the FW already customized with boot9strap.
But if you’re following the guide I linked, you may be able to inject a b9s-customized FW of whichever version you want by simply selecting the desired version from the table in the hardmod page of the guide.
I still miss the point in flashing an old FW version to the console, since you get b9s installed with this procedure, so why not having the latest FW too?

Ok, I have a 3DS ver. 11.5.0-38E and I want it to work with my acekard 2i again, what is the easyest way then, it sounds like there are multiple ways ?

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I have a 3DS ver. 11.5.0-38E and I want it to work with my acekard 2i again, what is the easyest way then, it sounds like there are multiple ways ?
Can’t DS games be run on CFW? Like with TWLoader? If not, you’d better install a CFW with hardmod using a base firmware of a version that still works with acekard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work