• Views 4,461,830
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

xoitsholly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the whole custom firmware thing, I recently updated my old 3ds xl to 11.5. I am looking for a way to either downgrade, or if someone knows how to get custom firmware without having to have another 3ds.
Also, I am borrowing a cartridge of pokemon sun from a friend and I was just wondering if there was any way to keep my save data so when I buy a cartridge for myself I can continue where I left off.
ANY help is appreciated and needed!
Thank you in advance. :)

FrenchGaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, i made a region changing from EUR to JPN but i didn't deleted the NNID account before... So i got this error 005-5602 everytime i try to update any softwares. Is there a way to repair that? Thank you. I'm using arm9loader and latest Luma Release. I will do anything to get my eshop work again!

shoted45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have a question about my n3ds. Well I broke it and all of my games are installed on my sd card. But I have a backup of the nand. Can I flash the nand from it onto a new n3ds? Will it except a different nand or would it brick it? Thanks for any help. Hopefully someone with experience can help.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have a question about my n3ds. Well I broke it and all of my games are installed on my sd card. But I have a backup of the nand. Can I flash the nand from it onto a new n3ds? Will it except a different nand or would it brick it? Thanks for any help. Hopefully someone with experience can help.
Using the NAND backup on a new system would brick the new system. Don't even bother trying it.

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I am new to the whole custom firmware thing, I recently updated my old 3ds xl to 11.5. I am looking for a way to either downgrade, or if someone knows how to get custom firmware without having to have another 3ds.
Also, I am borrowing a cartridge of pokemon sun from a friend and I was just wondering if there was any way to keep my save data so when I buy a cartridge for myself I can continue where I left off.
On 11.4 and 11.5 you can only either hardmod or use another 3DS with CFW already on it. No. Other. Way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope. If it’s broken, you’ve lost all. You may try to contact Nintendo to recover your NNID, though it’s almost useless, games you bought are tied to the console, not the NNID, so you’ll still need to buy them again.
The only thing you have left are saves on game cards; that is, for games that actually save on cards and not on the SD.

Hello everyone, i made a region changing from EUR to JPN but i didn't deleted the NNID account before... So i got this error 005-5602 everytime i try to update any softwares. Is there a way to repair that? Thank you. I'm using arm9loader and latest Luma Release. I will do anything to get my eshop work again!
I don’t know if it works under a9lh, but I seem to remember there was a way using godmode9 to unregister a NNID from a console without formatting the whole thing.
It should be in the region changing guide on https://3ds.guide.

EDIT: apparently, I have a bad memory. It’s not on 3ds guide, but in a thread here on GBA Temp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-i-remove-nnid-without-system-format.390209/ ;)

Last edited by Izeman,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you don't want to use a second console, the only other option is a hardmod. Getting a second console is the easiest and cheapest way (you can resell it afterward).
If you want to back up the save you need JKSM, but homebrew is not available for old 3DS on 11.4 and 11.5. You would have to either use a hardmod to install CFW (so no transfers to mess up your data) or do multiple transfers, so transfer to a hacked console, extract the save, then transfer back to finish the CFW installation on your console (or just sell it and use the other console instead).

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy

As for Pokémon Sun, I don’t remember if the game only saves data on the game card itself. If that was the case, sure, you can just put the card in whatever 3DS or 2DS and you’ll still be able to continue from where you left. But this means that you either cancel the data already saved on it (your friend’s progress; I presume) or just continue his/her playthrough.

If the game also/only saves data to the console, you will lose progress if you change console.

Hi guys. Still struggling to make oot3dhax work on my n3DSXL 11.4.0 FW.
I’m using an o3DS with Luma 8.1 to install the hacked save into the game cartridge.
Somehow the sploit_installer is not working when run from the HBL CIA. It says running from that title is not supported.
I have the hacked save files from the oot3dhax package, though, so I thought I could put the right one (EUR) on the game card with JKSM and I did so.
Now I have a save slot on the card named “idleaway*******”.
When I try to load it on the o3DS CFW, after a few moments, the game freezes and an error message (black bottom screen, white text; seems an error from the hax) shows up; apparently the hax is running but fails finding the payload (I haven’t got the one for my o3DS since I don’t care using the exploit on this console).

Then I put the game card into my n3DSXL. I have already put on the SD card the HB starter kit, boot.3dsx (HBL) and the payload for the n3DS FW 11.4.0-37E. Named it “payload.bin”. Also tried with “otherapp.bin”. Also tried the ropbin payload (named “ropbin.bin” and “payload.bin”).
No matter how I name it or whichever version I use (otherapp or ropbin), the end result is the same: when I load the save file, the game freezes after a few seconds (sometimes it may take 10-15 seconds), but then I’m back at home screen with a pop up from the console telling me that something went wrong and the game crashed.
There’s no way I can make the HBL to open :/

May I have some assistance, please?
Just wait a minute!

Oot3dhax does not work on 11.4.0!! Even if I’d have successfully installed the hacked save file on the cartridge, how would it be supposed to work on my n3DSXL with OFW 11.4.0-37E?? No surprise the game crashes without the exploit being launched :/
Why was I believing oot3dhax would work on 11.4.0??

Accordingly to this table, the only (secondary) exploits still working on 11.4.0 are super Mystery Dungeon hax and doodlebomb, right? Or I could just go primary with freakyhax or ninjhax.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
As for Pokémon Sun, I don’t remember if the game only saves data on the game card itself. If that was the case, sure, you can just put the card in whatever 3DS or 2DS and you’ll still be able to continue from where you left. But this means that you either cancel the data already saved on it (your friend’s progress; I presume) or just continue his/her playthrough.

If the game also/only saves data to the console, you will lose progress if you change console.

Just wait a minute!

Oot3dhax does not work on 11.4.0!! Even if I’d have successfully installed the hacked save file on the cartridge, how would it be supposed to work on my n3DSXL with OFW 11.4.0-37E?? No surprise the game crashes without the exploit being launched :/
Why was I believing oot3dhax would work on 11.4.0??

Accordingly to this table, the only (secondary) exploits still working on 11.4.0 are super Mystery Dungeon hax and doodlebomb, right? Or I could just go primary with freakyhax or ninjhax.
The table says it works on latest firmware though.

Also the guide says it works up to 11.4 (and anything that works on 11.4 should work on 11.5). Looks like everything needs to be updated. https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives)

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Izeman

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
OOT3dHAX DOES work on 11.4 but only on N3DS, not O3DS. It also requires you to run the exploit installer again to install the new firmware to the actual cartridge, which can't be run from 11.4.
So I wasn’t imagining thing then...
But I think you gave me the right hint on why it’s actually not working: I just copied manually the save data on the cartridge, but the payload was not there, because the installer won’t run. At first I thought it wasn’t running because somehow it didn’t support the HBL being launched from CIA, but now I see it more likely having to do with the CFW 3DS I am using to install the exploit being on FW 11.5.
It’s the installer that’s not working. Being on CFW doesn’t make it run under FW 11.4 or above. It’s the same for stickerhax installer and mysterydungeonchunkhax installer (which supports only 11.0.00 according to its website).
It seems the only way left to run HBL on OFW 11.4 n3DSXL is ninjhax or freakyhax, which don’t rely on an installer to work.
I may be able to buy a cubic ninja card for less than $10. Maybe it’s worth trying...

Thank you guys ;)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wasn’t imagining thing then...
But I think you gave me the right hint on why it’s actually not working: I just copied manually the save data on the cartridge, but the payload was not there, because the installer won’t run. At first I thought it wasn’t running because somehow it didn’t support the HBL being launched from CIA, but now I see it more likely having to do with the CFW 3DS I am using to install the exploit being on FW 11.5.
It’s the installer that’s not working. Being on CFW doesn’t make it run under FW 11.4 or above. It’s the same for stickerhax installer and mysterydungeonchunkhax installer (which supports only 11.0.00 according to its website).
It seems the only way left to run HBL on OFW 11.4 n3DSXL is ninjhax or freakyhax, which don’t rely on an installer to work.
I may be able to buy a cubic ninja card for less than $10. Maybe it’s worth trying...

Thank you guys ;)
Smashbroshax works too, just sayin... N3DS Only up to and including 11.4. It's just a pain in the ass to setup IMO.

Reactions: Izeman

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
The table says it works on latest firmware though.

Also the guide says it works up to 11.4 (and anything that works on 11.4 should work on 11.5). Looks like everything needs to be updated. https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives)
The strange thing is that the table I posted lists some hax as working on 11.4 while the 3ds.guide table lists them to work only up to 11.3 (see for example freakyhax or Smashbroshax) which is the right one, then?

Smashbroshax works too, just sayin... N3DS Only up to and including 11.4. It's just a pain in the ass to setup IMO.
Yeah, I have Smash bros game card but I updated the game to 1.1.4. Maybe I just need to uninstall the updates from the n3DSXL, but then again it’s a mess setting up all the rest. I think the simplest way is going for ninjhax, at this point. Even if I have to spend $10

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be completely honest, I was wondering the same myself. Smealum himself confirmed OOT3DHax working on 11.4 (N3DS) when he released new robpin payloads for HomeBrew around the same time; not to mention a quick google search will confirm the same. The other hacks like (Smash; FreakyForms;NinjaHAx) aren't used as often so there is less confirmation either one. Honestly though, I'd just check both. Plailect is the only one who can update his guide while 3DBrew is a Wiki and can be edited by the general public. Best advice is to check, try, then ask.

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
To be completely honest, I was wondering the same myself. Smealum himself confirmed OOT3DHax working on 11.4 (N3DS) when he released new robpin payloads for HomeBrew around the same time; not to mention a quick google search will confirm the same. The other hacks like (Smash; FreakyForms;NinjaHAx) aren't used as often so there is less confirmation either one. Honestly though, I'd just check both. Plailect is the only one who can update his guide while 3DBrew is a Wiki and can be edited by the general public. Best advice is to check, try, then ask.
Thank you for your suggestion.
It would also be great if, along with the FW version the exploit can run with, the tables would report the FW version supported by their respective installer. I’m happy oot3dhax can be run on my n3DSXL, but how the hell can I install the exploit in the damn card if my only other console with CFW is running FW 11.5 and any installer I know of stops working after 11.3 (or sometimes before that)??

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your suggestion.
It would also be great if, along with the FW version the exploit can run with, the tables would report the FW version supported by their respective installer. I’m happy oot3dhax can be run on my n3DSXL, but how the hell can I install the exploit in the damn card if my only other console with CFW is running FW 11.5 and any installer I know of stops working after 11.3 (or sometimes before that)??
Downgrade your console with CFW and then run the installer..... Obviously :P

Seriously though if you're interested in such a thing, you can find plenty of tuts around. You can just use a CTRNAND transfer for your region, and downgrade. Try 3DOWN.

Alternatively, you can use 3DNUS and Sysupdater, to install your desired firmware pack.

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Downgrade your console with CFW and then run the installer..... Obviously :P

Seriously though if you're interested in such a thing, you can find plenty of tuts around. You can just use a CTRNAND transfer for your region, and downgrade. Try 3DOWN.

Alternatively, you can use 3DNUS and Sysupdater, to install your desired firmware pack.
Even though that would be a great way to “experiment” with my CFW o3DS, I think it’s still more straightforward to get Cubic Ninja and use the exploit directly from the OFW n3DSXL ^_^ ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel