• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like I'll keep returning here...

So, they say I should put lumaupdater.cia in the CIAs folder. But it didn't come in the zip file. Just a text file. Can I use the old lumaupdater.cia? It was already there in the CIAs folder of my SD card.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

So, they say I should put lumaupdater.cia in the CIAs folder. But it didn't come in the zip file. Just a text file. Can I use the old lumaupdater.cia? It was already there in the CIAs folder of my SD card.
Are you sure you're not downloading the source or anything? You can also install it using TitleDB in FBI. Make sure to use the one by KunoichiZ and Hamcha not just by Hamcha.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

You can download the cia directly from the link in the guide. The old one doesn't work with b9s

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in the guide a9lh-to-b9s they tell us to delete houglass and drecrypt 9 bin. How will we backup and restore SysNands after this?? noob proof. I remember there was that whole restore but keep a9lh thingy

Last edited by Pokemon Fan,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
which boot9strap should I download? "devkit" , the "ntr-devkit" or the "ntr"? Have no idea what NTR means
From the guide:
  • The latest release of boot9strap (standard boot9strap; not the devkit file, not the ntrfile)

From the releases page:
One of these obeys what the guide says and is not the source code. I'll let you work it out.

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is section IV from the guide necessary? The CTRNAND luma3ds part? 'Cause I'm watching a tutorial video and it doesn't have that part from section IV.:unsure:

What's CTRNAND??

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is section IV from the guide necessary? The CTRNAND luma3ds part? 'Cause I'm watching a tutorial video and it doesn't have that part from section IV.:unsure:

What's CTRNAND??
It's part of the internal memory of the 3DS. If you have the payload saved there then the console can boot from it if the payload is missing on the SD card or if there's no SD card present.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a N3DS with B9 and Luma installed. I also like using BootNTR with games, but don't like having to reset system each time I want to use it with a game... is there a way around that? Thoughts and help appreciated
emoji4.png
emoji4.png
At this time no. I dont see any fix or if it can even be fixed in that regards to how NTR cfw even works.

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I have a N3DS with B9 and Luma installed. I also like using BootNTR with games, but don't like having to reset system each time I want to use it with a game... is there a way around that? Thoughts and help appreciated
emoji4.png
emoji4.png
What do you mean with "reset system"? NTR closes each time you close the game you launched with NTR running. You then just need to re-launch NTR and start a new game. There's no need to reset AFAIK.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been out of the scene for a while, is there any news on the bans that happened a while ago, by the end of May 2017?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have cfw but what do i do before going to fbi? do i just drop the file anywhere in my sd?

if u mean installing a cia, it can be anywhere. I have mine in the cias folder. that's the folder it tells u to create with the 3ds guide. I had them in the cia folder originally, so it really doesn't make a difference. they were divided by platform type in the cia folder as well, but that was too much work. anyway, yeah, it doesn't matter.

saintray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me out. im updating A9LH to B9S. im on the step : Copy setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9 to the /gm9/scripts/ folder on your SD card.

i cant find the gm9 file any idea where it can be located?

of i got the file. if you need it just google it and some dude on here posted a link :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/toEpa0A8KjI?si=pw7aWgDyjphGXuHR